SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 3 Days - Amulet Secret

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Nov 3, 10 8:34 AM
Well, I read Goofyduck, Dr. Good, and Casual Gran for their reviews, and enjoy them very much.

So hang in there Goofyduck! Nobody HAS to read yours, nor anyone else's.
Good job all!

[Post New]by mihillbillie on Nov 3, 10 8:36 AM
FLASHING LIGHTS
What does it take for people to realize that Flashing Lights can trigger Migraine Headaches? Even while surfing the internet the Flashing Lights give me a headache.

[removed by moderator]

Flashing lights are another very common trigger for many migraine sufferers.

I thought it was just me so I went to search for an answer as to why I get headaches from those flashing ads. Found it.
Trying to play game with those Flashing Lights sure doesn't help any.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 9:22:53 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 3, 10 8:53 AM
sartasia wrote:Someone asked about length. According to what I read elsewhere there are suppose to be 29 chapters so gage it by how far you get in the demo.

Goofyduck I just wanted to point out that this thread is called "Comments and REVIEWS". You're doing just fine!
Can't understand why people have the need to complain about something so silly.

Just replayed 3 Days: Zoo Mystery knowing this one was coming up so I could get familiar with the feel again.
Off to download.
Have fun Fishies
That was me ! thanks, will use a credit.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 3, 10 8:55 AM
There is a random click penalty, but you have to do a lot of clicking to trigger it and it just subtracts 10 points from your score. Not very significant, so you may even have gotten it and not noticed. We mention it in the general tips section of the Blog Walkthrough. For comparison, you earn 100 points every time you find an object, so you can see it's not a big penalty.

This is a Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Many hidden object scenes. In some cases, you are collecting items that will be used again in the scene. In other cases it's a reverse Find List--you have to put the objects from the Find List back into the scene. In still others you have to match the objects on the Find List with objects in the scene like (hypothetical, not a spoiler) a Fish with a Fishbowl. Read the character dialogue--it will tell you what to do each time.

The puzzles (mini-games) are interesting. They're all part of the story. Some are pretty easy--some have up to 10 rounds and are fairly hard. There are 60 of them all together. They don't generally require physical dexterity, they're logical or things like jigsaw puzzles.

If you choose to skip a puzzle, you do a special Hidden Object Challenge scene instead. The background for this challenge is always the same, but the objects as well as the Find List vary. Note that it's different from the Hidden Object Scenes in the main game, which do have varied backgrounds. This one is just an alternative to a plain SKIP.

There are no hints for the puzzles, but there are for the Hidden Object Challenge, so you shouldn't get stuck.

I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, so for those who don't scan the General Tips in the Blog Walkthrough, one very important point--this game autosaves at the end of each Level, but ONLY at the end of each level. The Levels are medium-length, usually 2 puzzles and 2 to 4 Find Lists. In most cases if you leave the game before you've completed the entire level, you'll have to start the level over from the beginning when you return.

I enjoyed the game a lot. It had both length and variety, and I liked that the puzzles were part of the story.

Good luck!
Robin

p.s. To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 9:02:13 AM PST

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Nov 3, 10 9:08 AM
Let's declare a moratorium on reviews of reviewers. If a review seems too long, don't read it. If you disagree with a review, say so with kindness. The Pond offers us all the opportunity to speak to and learn from each other. I appreciate the freedom we have here and respect all who participate, the long and the short!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 3, 10 9:19 AM
gameslvr wrote:Goofyduck, don't take it personally. You are not the only one with run on posts. But seriously--10 paragraphs? Really?

You DO NOT have to read THEM!!

I for 1 think that GOOFYDUCK does a GREAT JOB & she is a good fishies that takes time out of her busy life to do a REVIEW..

THANKS GOOFYDUCK

Its hard work to me if i was to do a review, that is why I come here to read the reviews.

THE THREAD TITLE DOES SAY "Comments & Reviews" of said game !!

KEEP UP THE good work that u do

Happy Gaming

PEN

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 3, 10 9:25 AM
HI fishies,

Just a quick reminder that this is a thread for reviewing the game 3 Days - Amulet Secret.

Whether you have played the trial version or played the full version, you can add your comments both good and bad here in a constructive manner.

If you would like to discuss the various types of reviews you prefer, please join a topic in Chit-Chat Corner or start a new topic there on the subject. Chit-Chat Corner can be found here.

Happy gaming and reviewing!

bfgImbrium

fifegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fifegal on Nov 3, 10 9:28 AM
Belladonna32 wrote:
Goofyduck,

If you are prepared to take the time and effort to review the games in this depth then I don't see why anyone should complain; it's not as if reading them is compulsory! For my own part I find them useful when it is a game which may be of interest and if it's not then I don't need to read it.
Please continue, I certainly appreciate all the reviews.

Totally agree. You go girl!!(guy?)!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 3, 10 9:33 AM
Thanks for the comments about sacrificing cats (and dogs). I will not even download this one. I'm in a pretty poor frame of mind right now, anyway, and I don't need to find dead animals in a game.

Back to the November Fairway Solitaire Challenge!!

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 9:34:46 AM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 3, 10 9:43 AM
Again thanks for the great reviews and I read all of them!!!

Cherb you actually saved me from a migraine by mentioning those darn lights lol.

Thanks and have a great game day

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 3, 10 9:44 AM
I am downloading and with all the reviews I have read so far it sounds like it's one I will like, except the animal sacrifice but will cover my eyes. Will get back to you on what I think later. Just finished the trial and it's a great game, the only thing I don't like is they don't give you instructions on what to do in the games, I didn't see any place where you could click to see what to do and had to use a hint. Will see if any other game will get my attention as have some free games coming. Bye for now.. A quick comment.. I didn't see any animal sacrifice!

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 11:18:09 AM PST

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 3, 10 10:08 AM
First of all i would like to say that there is NO sacrifice of any animal. The ritual is stopped before anything can happen - and please remember it is a game, not real life. I am an animal lover and I was not upset or offended in any shape or form.

The game is different and I enjoyed it because I love finding the hidden objects behind things, you have to look and lift up and move stuff to find what you are looking for. This is my particular favourite way of looking for objects. Also going from scene to scene. My only real criticism is that I would have liked to put the statue, windmill etc together myself.

I think that this might be a long game - 29 levels. Will buy I think.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 3, 10 10:13 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:HI fishies,

Just a quick reminder that this is a thread for reviewing the game 3 Days - Amulet Secret.

Whether you have played the trial version or played the full version, you can add your comments both good and bad here in a constructive manner.

If you would like to discuss the various types of reviews you prefer, please join a topic in Chit-Chat Corner or start a new topic there on the subject. Chit-Chat Corner can be found <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/8.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming and reviewing!

bfgImbrium

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself. I come here for reviews of games, not reviews of game reviewers.
That said, I liked the game; nice variation on your standard fragmented HOG. Good crisp graphics, inobtrusive soundtrack. Medium level of difficulty. Mini-games don't always make it clear what you're supposed to do.
On the subject of the occult aspect, I don't recall who it was that said "It's only a game" but I agree. But I also recognize that some people find the whole subject of occult upsetting so I can see their point of view as well. It would be nice if there was some kind of rating system like the movies where it clearly states what content iyou're likely to run into. But there isn't as yet so we will all just have to try games and judge for ourselves.

Kalavinka
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by Kalavinka on Nov 3, 10 10:32 AM
Goofy Duck-- If you enjoy writing long reviews than I say go for it. You are not hurting anyone and are helping others to enjoy the game. I do not read long reviews for fear of spoilers, but this does not mean that I do not appreciate your time and efforts.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Nov 3, 10 10:57 AM
For those who are concerned about the story starting with animal sacrifice - the sacrifice never happens. The beginning of the story is set in 1610 at Stonehenge. After the ritual is stopped before the sacrifice occurs (after about 10 min or so of game play), the story then turns to present day in Tibet.

Just thought I would mention this for those who might not choose to try this game based on fear that the story revolves around actual animal sacrifice of pets or other. Much as I despise the thought of animal sacrifice, if I can play The Void, Dark Tales games, Midnight Mysteries series, the Ravenhearst games, Women's Murder Club series, Dire Grove, etc. - all of which revolve around murders of humans - I can play this game, as the sacrifice doesn't even happen & the game does not revolve around it.

I like this game, and pretty sure it will be a buy for me. This game is an IHOG, and I like how they have done this with movable objects and scrolling scenes. I also like that skipping a puzzle isn't free - you have to complete a HOG scene instead if you wish to skip the puzzle.

If you liked 3 Days: Zoo Mystery, you will most definitely like this one as well.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Nov 3, 10 11:21 AM
review of demo...I seemed to have hit a wrong button somewhere and might have replied in a different place.

This is a game that is uneven in play and atmosphere. Cartoon story (not skippable) with happy music to druids in the rain with the suggestion of animal sacrafices to Asian HOG that is simple. I really do not know what to think about the game, maybe I will look it over again later on when my head stops spinning. This is the first game that I've had a slow loading time with in my long history with BF.

Parts of the game intrique me. The druids was a bit different and enjoyed that. Then I had a boring romp with the HOG set in Asia. Completely different set of graphics and atmosphere.

Hints fill quickly, minor animation and interactions in some areas are refreshing.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 3, 10 11:24 AM
I played this for 45 minutes and bought it. I've been playing for a few hours and am only on chapter 7 of 29 so I expect this to be fairly long. I do enjoy the stress free game play and all the mini puzzles. This fits my main criteria for any game. IT'S FUN!!!! Also as the review above me stated there is no animal sacrifice. Don't let the beginning stop you from playing this nice game. Historically they did sacrifice animals back then but someone stepped in and stopped it before it happened in the game.

meegg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by meegg on Nov 3, 10 11:51 AM
This is definitely a NO BUY for me. i found it too slow and not very challenging.
didn't like it at all.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 3, 10 11:56 AM
Thanks for the reviews from everyone. I think I missed the 3 Days - Zoo Mystery game Will look at that one too. Thanks for the heads up.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Nov 3, 10 12:15 PM
Thank you to Goofyduck and everyone else for all your reviews. Long or short, I love them all!! Now, off to try the game!!

Go to: