Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Age: The Dark Priests

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 4, 10 11:23 AM
I have the first one which I liked but found too short and easy. Has anybody finished it ? So what's the length ? Checked the blog walkthrough, there seems to be quite a lot of chapters but if they're really short is it worth it ? This one seems better (ouch ! I can hear you all screaming at me) but I still hesitate. I'm waiting for "Opera" SE and only have 2 credits to spend. Played the whole demo and loved it, got as far as entering the castle, or whatever place it is, to buy or not to buy..........

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Nov 4, 10 11:53 AM
As usual Casual Grannie I will go by your recommendation and use my newly arrived coupons for this game. Perfect for another rainy day in Hawaii!

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Nov 4, 10 11:56 AM
This was a buy for me like to be able to see what i am looking for.From all the great reviews this will be a fun one.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Nov 4, 10 12:25 PM
WoW!!! Three pages of reviews and the only negative comments were about the music?? That's unheard of for me!! This is a definite buy! Like another reviewer, I listen to TV when I game so I usually turn the music way down or off anyway.

Thanks for the great reviews! You made this a VERY easy decision!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 4, 10 12:30 PM
Poutoule wrote:I have the first one which I liked but found too short and easy. Has anybody finished it ? So what's the length ? Checked the blog walkthrough, there seems to be quite a lot of chapters but if they're really short is it worth it ? This one seems better (ouch ! I can hear you all screaming at me) but I still hesitate. I'm waiting for "Opera" SE and only have 2 credits to spend. Played the whole demo and loved it, got as far as entering the castle, or whatever place it is, to buy or not to buy..........

Buy (IMHO)
Someone has posted that it took them 4 1/2 hours.

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 12:30:59 PM PST

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Nov 4, 10 12:52 PM
What is a FROG? I know HOG is hidden object game. But FROG?

Thanks.

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Nov 4, 10 1:24 PM
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!
BOUGHT IT, too!

No tech probs; gorgious scenes/art; challenging; interesting; just down right COOL!

You'll be sorry if you don't grab this game!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 4, 10 1:30 PM
peglegann wrote:
Poutoule wrote:I have the first one which I liked but found too short and easy. Has anybody finished it ? So what's the length ? Checked the blog walkthrough, there seems to be quite a lot of chapters but if they're really short is it worth it ? This one seems better (ouch ! I can hear you all screaming at me) but I still hesitate. I'm waiting for "Opera" SE and only have 2 credits to spend. Played the whole demo and loved it, got as far as entering the castle, or whatever place it is, to buy or not to buy..........

Buy (IMHO)
Someone has posted that it took them 4 1/2 hours.
Thanks Peglegann, off to buy (heavens knows why your name makes me think of pilgrim, that's always what comes through my head when I read your comments !)

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 4, 10 2:10 PM
Just read some of the comments and it looks like I finally got my wish and have a good game that I will buy.. Downloading the game right now. Have been gone all day so just getting on.. more to come... Bought this game and I love it...

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 9:02:20 AM PST

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 4, 10 2:24 PM
Well, got home, didn't even take my coat off, opened E-mail, saw I had my rewards from Oct., bought the game and it's now downloading. Can't wait - will I eat dinner? Maybe not, but Sophie and Emily are now crawling up my legs, so I guess I'll have to feed them before starting the game! Thanks everyone for the great reviews - long AND short!

Edit: Thanks, sinshack, did get the credits in Email!

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 2:27:10 PM PST

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Nov 4, 10 2:50 PM
Great game!!

I had to look at the Blog Walkthrough a couple of times for puzzles I stink at. I really can't think of any complaints. Music: good. Puzzles: good. Difficulty finding objects: just right.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 4, 10 3:40 PM
Happy dancing. I am so happy to read all these good comments. And I want to say thank you to the "gang" for your long comments. I love to read them. I bought it unseen. Happy gaming

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Nov 4, 10 3:44 PM
Wow, what awesome reviews! (darkdisciple, you crack me up!)

demo schmemo...I'm going right to buy.

p.s. - you might have to put up with me more often. I'm tired of being a jellyfish. LOL

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 4, 10 3:49 PM
What did I love about this game? Everything!!!

The graphics-I just want to sit and look at the awesome scenes.

The level of difficulty was just right for me ,I also liked the circle of runes?? when you clicked on a hint.

Traveling all over, and finally getting in the first door of the house with the apple, rose, and dragon gem.

Sure glad i bought this game. Ever so much fun for a rainy day here in paradise.

Oh and you didnt have to cook any pies, cakes sandwiches,or anything. Even the one potion was all together.

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 3:50:09 PM PST

[Post New]by lhadnow on Nov 4, 10 4:42 PM
Hi all This is great game. Got past the fire and to the griffin and got the blueprint,but at the towel i missed the rope and wrench some how. and now can not build pulley without the rope. and cannot get it frome the towel. only thing i guess is to start over again.and it was going soon good. this game is great had coupon and got it right away. if anyone has a solution please help.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 4, 10 5:03 PM
FINALLY! AGREAT GAME. LOVED IT. lots of variety. bought it b4 demo was finished. have fun with this one fishies

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Nov 4, 10 5:12 PM
I liked the demo so much, I purchased the game. Just finished it.

The graphics, storyline, and music were excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire game. I didn't experience any technical glitches. Did have to use the Blog Walkthrough a few times, but not as often as for other games.

Just a smooth, well-conceived, well-designed game that was thoroughly debugged before release.

Edited on 11/04/2010 at 5:12:52 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 10 5:27 PM
lhadnow wrote:Hi all This is great game. Got past the fire and to the griffin and got the blueprint,but at the towel i missed the rope and wrench some how. and now can not build pulley without the rope. and cannot get it frome the towel. only thing i guess is to start over again.and it was going soon good. this game is great had coupon and got it right away. if anyone has a solution please help.

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet? Each chapter in the walkthrough covers one quest, and tells you what objects you need and how to get them. It also has marked screenshots, so it will usually help.

It sounds like you need Chapter 8: Cross the Bridge.

To get to the Blog Walktrhough, click on the Try this GAme link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Nov 4, 10 5:57 PM
One of the best game's I've played. A little too heavy on the HOG's but they were clear and with no "broken cursor syndrome" I really appreciate that. Thanks for mixing things up for a change.

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Nov 4, 10 5:59 PM
Excellent Game!

I really enjoyed Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff and this one appears to be just as good if not better. Judging by the walkthrough it looks like loads of gameplay time for me. Lots to do and love the nice blend of interactive hidden object, fragmented object and adventure.

Thanks for all the great reviews folks. Can't think of anything more to add to the thread. Only played half the demo and then went to spend my game credit, even though I still have games from the Halloween sale that I haven't finished yet. Couldn't pass this one up.

Totally hookt on

Go to: