Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by dreamer225 on Nov 10, 10 11:17 AM
HELP, it won't let me put the handle on the box in the bedroom wall.

 
bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 10, 10 12:13 PM
Welcome to the pond dreamer225!

Please check out robin94122's post in the "chest handle" thread. I'll give a direct link here.

Also, a great way to search for a specific answer without having to go through a lot of threads is to use the Advanced Forum Search option under Search All Forums on the right hand side near the top of the page. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like "handle" and all the posts that have the word "handle" in them will pop up!

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

 

Witches Door Problem

[Post New]by chattydottiedoll on Nov 14, 10 3:32 AM
I have all the items needed for the witches door but it will not allow me to put them in there spaces except the drangons ball. I have made the rose a silver rose already. Any thoughts?

 
robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Witches Door Problem

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 14, 10 10:02 AM
chattydottiedoll wrote:I have all the items needed for the witches door but it will not allow me to put them in there spaces except the drangons ball. I have made the rose a silver rose already. Any thoughts?


You have to enchant each of those items before you can use them. That's a multistep process, so I suggest checking the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games, Chapter 14: Unlock the Witch House.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

It has step by step instructions and marked screenshots, so it should help.

Good luck!
Robin

 

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by mdcsmy2 on Nov 17, 10 5:54 AM
Well once again, I paid for a game I can't finish.. This has happened way too many times.. I played great in the trial and then purchased it. It was fine for a day and then I went to play today and got an error message and it shut my game down. Tried everything under the sun to fix it but to no avail.. I'm done with BF...This is not good business....

 

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by pyette on Nov 17, 10 6:21 AM
Kathy34 wrote:I've been trying all afternoon to install and run the free trial. I get to the opening screen and it tells me to update my flashplayer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flashplayer - as well as shockwave, rebooted my computer numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself, and I still can't get past the message that my flashplayer is outdated. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried live chat earlier and was told to uninstall and reinstall everything, but couldn't do it then as adobe was having a problem on their site for downloads. I just tried Live Chat again and was told my computer and the game are probably incompatible. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any thoughts on anything else I might be able to try?

Thanks!
Kathy

Edit: I reinstalled (I think with compatibility) and it now works,

 

Witches Door Problem

[Post New]by chattydottiedoll on Nov 19, 10 4:32 AM
robin94122 wrote:
chattydottiedoll wrote:I have all the items needed for the witches door but it will not allow me to put them in there spaces except the drangons ball. I have made the rose a silver rose already. Any thoughts?


You have to enchant each of those items before you can use them. That's a multistep process, so I suggest checking the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games, Chapter 14: Unlock the Witch House.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

It has step by step instructions and marked screenshots, so it should help.

Good luck!
Robin

 
robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 19, 10 8:49 AM
mdcsmy2 wrote:Well once again, I paid for a game I can't finish.. This has happened way too many times.. I played great in the trial and then purchased it. It was fine for a day and then I went to play today and got an error message and it shut my game down. Tried everything under the sun to fix it but to no avail.. I'm done with BF...This is not good business....


I'm so sorry you've run into that--I'm sure it's very frustrating.

Whenever you run into that kind of problem, you should contact Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this page. They should definitely be able to help you one way or another.

Good luck!
Robin

 

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by redclaw51 on Nov 20, 10 7:38 AM
sartasia wrote:Played until the end of the game. Showed the end clip, jumped to a darkened opening flash screen where it froze. No credits, no end, just a sudden jump. I had to use task manager to close it.
I hadn't had a single problem throughout the entire game until then. Odd.


I had exactly the same issue, after task manager exit tried to go back into game thinking perhaps to see village restored etc. but said game was finished, did I want to start again!

Edited on 11/20/2010 at 8:11:11 AM PST


 

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by dkannel on Nov 20, 10 3:07 PM
Same issue as many with the installer erroneously wanting a Flash update. I'm sick to death with all these problems this year. The majority of games I've tried in the last few months have had issues which make them incapable of being played or completed.

Big Fish is quickly becoming a small fish in a big pond.

 
BaywayJ
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by BaywayJ on Nov 22, 10 8:14 PM
For some reason I got the ornament when I opened the safe. I was supposed to get a tripod? When I went to the walkthrough the instructions said go to the brigde for a hidden object game. All I have by the bridge is a bunch of blue stars not moving to indicate there is a hidden object scene there. Does this mean there is a glitch and I ned to reinstall? That would be a first for me for any game from Big Fish.

Bay

 
robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 22, 10 9:29 PM
BaywayJ wrote:For some reason I got the ornament when I opened the safe. I was supposed to get a tripod? When I went to the walkthrough the instructions said go to the brigde for a hidden object game. All I have by the bridge is a bunch of blue stars not moving to indicate there is a hidden object scene there. Does this mean there is a glitch and I ned to reinstall? That would be a first for me for any game from Big Fish.

Bay


You were supposed to get a "tripod piece"--that's the same as the "ornament." The text name changes at different points in the game, but it's the same item.

The Hidden Object Scene at the bridge is always in the same place--over to the right, where you used the duster on the spiderweb the first time.

It's possible that you already have the item you would need from the Hidden Object Scene and that's why the HOS is not available--different players will do things in different order.

As long as you have all the items the walkthrough says you need in your inventory tray, it's fine--you don't have to get them in the same order we did.

So I'd assume everything is fine, just use the "decoration" you collected as the Tripod Piece. It always looks the same and works the same, it just has a different text label in some scenes.

If you have everything except the item from the HOS by the bridge, read over the previous chapters in the walkthrough--you may have skipped one of the trigger steps.

Good luck!
Robin


Edited on 11/22/2010 at 9:30:48 PM PST


 
BaywayJ
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by BaywayJ on Nov 23, 10 1:39 PM
Thank you. I will try again.
Bay

 
soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 2, 10 3:50 PM
Kathy34 wrote:I've been trying all afternoon to install and run the free trial. I get to the opening screen and it tells me to update my flashplayer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Flashplayer - as well as shockwave, rebooted my computer numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself, and I still can't get past the message that my flashplayer is outdated. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried live chat earlier and was told to uninstall and reinstall everything, but couldn't do it then as adobe was having a problem on their site for downloads. I just tried Live Chat again and was told my computer and the game are probably incompatible. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any thoughts on anything else I might be able to try?

Thanks!
Kathy

Edit: I reinstalled (I think with compatibility) and it now works,


I have had the same problem,trying to see if I got the updated 10.1 version of Flashplayer installed or not. DL the game again now. I have that crappy SP3 for Windows XP do you have it too? Sometimes I think it is the culprit.

 
fnarkl
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by fnarkl on Dec 17, 10 9:24 PM
I've purchased this but I just can't get it to work. Once it gets to the Big Fish splash screen, it minimises to the desktop. I can select it from the taskbar but it flashes the next screenshot up and then minimises yet again.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing twice now but it doesn't seem to work.

My flashplayer is up to date and i'm running Windows 7.

 
lmcutie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by lmcutie on Jan 2, 11 9:36 AM
Hi
I am have activated this game and now it wont load.
PLEASE help as I really like it when I did the trial.

Also I think I got violation error, but I cannot remember the number.

Thanks

 

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by cornardtye on Jan 14, 13 6:37 AM
Can anyone help? I've got to the pirate's cave and can't get out. The cursor will not reverse!

 

Re:Post any Mystery Age: The Dark Priests technical issues here only

[Post New]by cornardtye on Jan 14, 13 6:41 AM
stupid me- I was trying to exit the wrong way- that's what comes of leaving the game for a long time between sessions! All is solved.

 
 
 
 
Go to: