Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by cdonofrio on Nov 28, 11 8:25 PM
Game froze in full screen twice already. I've had no problems running other Mystery Case Files games.

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Intel Core i3
3.2 GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Dec 2, 11 8:39 PM
I have all ten hearts but it won't let me place the last one. also I have a phonograph record but can't get back to the library to play it.

[Post New]by HavingFun777 on Dec 3, 11 9:09 PM
It just doesn't work with newer versions of Snow Leopard. The same with a lot of games that came out around the same time, they aren't made to last long enough for either Mac users or apparently anyone who gets a new Windows OS either. I worked at a game store and at least we were honest about it, that's how they're made, with a few exceptions from small companies.

IMO the MCF series curled up and died after Madame Fate, which is a classic - just sold out, more production values, crap game design and no sense of anything that draws gamers in. That's been said a lot before, but as it happens, Madame Fate still works fine too XD

[Post New]by lisa72591 on Dec 17, 11 2:19 PM
I cannot get the music box key from the fountain. The fountain will not let me examine it.

[Post New]by buzdu_andra on Dec 21, 11 5:28 AM
ok..so i bought the game..started to play and i got to the point where i found the twins and released then and after that...nothing...but there's another thing..i cannot uninstall the game..because i can't find it..i mean...i have the shortcut, i start the game..but when i go in control panel...it isn't there...what does that mean?

[Post New]by 40jewels on Dec 24, 11 2:32 PM
Hi I just installed Return to Ravenhearst for MAC and got this error message. MCF_RTR_MAC_051409 quit unexpectedly.
I have lots of games on this MAC and have never had a problem. Any suggestions?
The game attempts to load, the black screen appears, but then the message shows. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. No luck. Thanks for any info that can help.

[Post New]by DrCookie1952 on Jan 5, 12 12:46 PM
To Lucyisblue, did you get your problem solved, because I have the same problem with my game. I have unstalled and reinstalled it I have saved it to a different location. I have changed players after each change from clearing the registry and reinstalling to getting help from the BFG technical people and it still does not helped. Let me know what is going on with you.

DrCookie1952

[Post New]by POPCOLTEY on Feb 26, 12 7:33 AM
gyps wrote:
im lost...just bought the game got in the gate and i cant get the key from the cat ...anyone tell me what to look for....there is a mouse that would get the cat moving .....help me
u have to get the cheese once u do
u drop the cheese in front of the mouse hole
the mouse comes out
you pick up the mouse
drop it in front of the cat
the cat moves it foot
you get the key

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 1:34:51 PM PST

[Post New]by tpedro on Mar 2, 12 5:42 AM
I tried the demo of this game with no issues, but after purchasing it won't start. I click play in GameManager, then it goes to a page that says You own this game, play with no limits. Clicking play there flashes a black screen and then right back to that page. I'm on a Mac OS X, no updates needed. I've reinstalled the game and tried restarting the computer with no luck. Thanks for any help!

[Post New]by Timepair on Mar 6, 12 3:51 PM
Solved this game very quickly
#1 push start insert your spouses name and go to another game.
Very easy

[Post New]by judie63 on May 4, 12 4:34 PM
i can not do the sun moon over fireplace HELP

[Post New]by judie63 on May 4, 12 4:39 PM
what do you do at the well

Emma statue

[Post New]by Lyxmorsan on Jun 14, 12 9:00 AM
Am in the room where the statue is and I took the heart off of her hands.
After that I clicked on the sparkling area on the stones (a letter or something) and the screen went black.
Now it remains black every time I try to play the game.
Not sure what happened.

How to do now? Don't want to loose everything I accomplished because I think I almost finished the game.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ no full screen

[Post New]by ampinator on Jul 22, 12 8:59 PM
Right click on desk top
select screen resolution
set it for anything less than 1680 by 1050

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Jul 31, 12 1:09 PM
Why does my ‘Return to Ravenhearst’ have to seem to restart and activate: Every few ether month or so just as well I'm sitting at the computer or does it do its self automatically?

[Post New]by tumbledlove on Aug 8, 12 8:57 PM
Just installed Mountain Lion (OSX version 10.8) on my Mac, and now MCF: RtR won't work! It opens, turns my screen yellow (including the icon in the dock) and then quits, saying an error has occurred. Any ideas on how to get it to work again? I already tried uninstalling and re-installing - no joy.

[Post New]by gamelover712 on Sep 14, 12 8:22 PM
Was playing the game got to the room after the operating room, with the sink where you get the headphones and my computer locked up. Now everytime I try to ope the game it locks up my computer. I am using windows 7.

Please help

[Post New]by margaretnuttall on Sep 29, 12 2:22 AM
The Hidden Object scene below the male state in the garden is not there so therefore I cannot get the third eye so therefore cannot get into the kitchen. What do I do now?

vacsid1
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by vacsid1 on Nov 2, 12 10:27 PM
If you read your Norton warning, this game crashes about once a week.

HELP! I can't cut the rose in the basket!

[Post New]by Subpoenathepastx on Nov 24, 12 1:15 PM
In the scene where you are supposed to cut the rose hanging in the basket with the hedge clippers that I collected I am unable to do that action. I put the hedge clippers on top of the rose and nothing happens. How do I fix this problem because I would like to finish the game?

Go to: