New CSI:NY Game

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Re:New CSI:NY Game

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 29, 09 3:33 AM
john_murray2 wrote:Im in the kitchen in case 2 with stella and i seem to have trouble getting my hands on the propane bottle i have already got everything else except the propane and the apron but when i try to get the bottle stella stops me .

If you mean the bottle peeking into view on the shelves to the left, that's not the one (caught me out too). You need to use the blowtorch on the cupboard (the one with what looks like a safe-dial).

rescuefire
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rescuefire on Mar 29, 09 7:36 AM
I've played the PC games from disk, the Wii versions and now this downloaded game. I love the show and the games but this version of CSI:NY is a bit odd compared to the others.

On the other versions you go to the lab and offices and scenes and such and process evidence where this is a basic hidden object game with a few mini puzzles. Don't get me wrong I'm a game addict and this is good, just different.

[Post New]by hyjinx02 on Mar 29, 09 8:43 AM
john_murray2 wrote:Im in the kitchen in case 2 with stella and i seem to have trouble getting my hands on the propane bottle i have already got everything else except the propane and the apron but when i try to get the bottle stella stops me .
How did you ever get past the doctor's interview? I have used every piece of evidence and when I use the check all it does is take off credibility but there is no check mark. I have done this scene a lot of times but can't get past it. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by Golferlady on Mar 29, 09 8:54 AM
Elkestra wrote:

If you mean the bottle peeking into view on the shelves to the left, that's not the one (caught me out too). You need to use the blowtorch on the cupboard (the one with what looks like a safe-dial).

Actually he means how do you get your hands on the propane bottle?

[Post New]by Shortstitch on Mar 29, 09 9:24 AM
I bought this game at BF here and I am very dissapointed in it. there is more talking and a different way of playing with hardly any hidden objects. I wish they had a refund policy for bad game because this is one of them. I would give it a 2 on scale 1-10 10 being the highest and only because I love the show so much...they don't explain what they want you to do when yu first start. You have to learn to click on Macs head to go forward.....Not a fun game sorry I bought it....Shirl

[Post New]by blueyedkitten63 on Mar 29, 09 9:34 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to BFGs. I just bought the CSI NY (didn't check forums first either!) and I'm stuck on the first investigation where I'm on the 81st floor and there's a picture of what looks to be a sponge. I can't find it and I don't know what to do next! I have found and propped open the window and found the rest of the items (including key...) I've tried using a hint, but it doesn't show me anything! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Post New]by blueyedkitten63 on Mar 29, 09 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone - figured it out. I was supposed to dust for fingerprints after I collected the blood sample, and that's what I had forgotten to do! Doh!

Kitten

[Post New]by bcalrn on Mar 29, 09 10:54 AM
I have hit that black spot on the Empire State Bldg about 50 times all over the spot with no results. What am I doing wrong?

chilco
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by chilco on Mar 29, 09 3:01 PM
To those of you who have played the other CSI games, where did you get them?
I'd like to try them but can't seem to track them down.

Thanks!
Teri

New CSI:NY Game

[Post New]by dancingranni2007 on Mar 29, 09 3:14 PM
pocojazz wrote:I wanted to give you guys here a heads-up. Don't waste your money paying $29.95 for this game. BF will probably get it. It is much different than the other CSI games. It is kind of a bad HOG/puzzle game. The graphics aren't very good, you have to find hidden objects whose shapes are gradually revealed, many of which don't have a thing to do with the storyline. There are mini-games disguised as lab work. The game is done in a graphic comic book style, badly imho.

If you have played and enjoyed the other CSI games as I have, you will be very disappointed by this one. It can be slightly entertaining, but I played the entire game in about an hour and a half. There are only four cases also. Well, thanks for listening to my rant.

Poco

[Post New]by dancingranni2007 on Mar 29, 09 3:17 PM
Good Afternoon All:
I have never made a post to the BFG Forums but this time after reading all the negative comments about CSI:NY I must say you are all wrong. This game is wonderful. The further you go along in the scenes the more interesting it gets. Some say only 4 episodes, well those episodes are long. Maybe you should go over to Gamezebo their forums are most positive and supportive of their members unlike the negative comments I view in BF forums. Thank you Dancingranni2007

[Post New]by Angelg47 on Mar 29, 09 4:25 PM
photochippy wrote:
sanny1 wrote:I have got to the 81st floor found all the items and blood smudge, have got a key with a magnifying glass next to and the smudge, i have also got an item I cant find, looks like blood, but cannot find it anywhere, please help.

I'm at the same point, the hint buttons shows nothing, but can't find the blood anywhere. Is this a glitch in the game? Can someone help with this? Thanks

bloody print os on the window ledge, click on it and you will get the swab to ouline the spot with

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Mar 30, 09 7:07 AM
PLEASE someone help me! I am stuck in Linc Sark's Office. I have found everything in there. Bloody finger print, torn fabric, newspaper article, journal, tattoo design, braclet, check and 3 photos of the victim. I have check marks by all of them. now I am stuck. Won't let me do anything else. Could someone please help. What am I missing?

Thanks Susan

2huskies
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by 2huskies on Mar 30, 09 7:31 AM
Thanks! I have been noticing with this game the pixel hunting can be nerve racking.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 30, 09 8:23 AM
SusanBStephens wrote:PLEASE someone help me! I am stuck in Linc Sark's Office. I have found everything in there. Bloody finger print, torn fabric, newspaper article, journal, tattoo design, braclet, check and 3 photos of the victim. I have check marks by all of them. now I am stuck. Won't let me do anything else. Could someone please help. What am I missing?

Thanks Susan

You only need to show him the check click on signature, bracelet click on black spot which is tricky, photo click on face, and the tattoo. Make sure you are dragging the objects to him and not using the magnifying glass to put them on the screen.

Edited on 03/30/2009 at 8:24:01 AM PST

pitgull
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pitgull on Mar 30, 09 3:55 PM
Golferlady wrote:
Elkestra wrote:

Actually he means how do you get your hands on the propane bottle?

pitgull
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pitgull on Mar 30, 09 4:01 PM
Pick up the gasoline container and move it to the propane bottle. For some reason that allows you to pick up the propane bottle.
BUT that doesn't solve the problem because when I try to use the propane bottle on the cupboard under the sink with the safe lock, I'm told that I can't do that yet. I guess it's because I haven't got the vegetable oil or the apron.
I can see the vegetable oil (bottom shelf behind the box on the left) but I can't grab the vegetable oil no matter how hard I try. Also can't find the apron. I assume I need both before I can open the cupboard under the sink with the propane bottle. The fish and the kale also don't seem to fit.
Also - HOW DO YOU SKIP one of these scenes to get beyond it if it gives you this kind of problem?

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 30, 09 4:13 PM
Once you have the propane bottle and it goes into inventory you should be able to use it on the cabinet. When you open the cabinet you get the apron and gallon of antifreeze that you need.

The top of the bottle you are seeing on the left can't be taken.

[Post New]by rach2626 on Mar 30, 09 5:54 PM
I may be going against the grain, I personally enjoyed the game. I have never played any of the other CSI games though. What drew me to it was it being marketed as a hidden object games. I am really loving the hidden object adventure games they are coming out with. The story line in each of the cases was pretty interesting with the twists and turns you'd expect from CSI. It is challenging too, but it did not take long to get through the entire game.

Guess I am looking at it from a Hidden Object game perspective, so used to the same old same old when it comes to HOG's it is nice to see some adventure in there....

[Post New]by mathischristina7 on Mar 30, 09 5:59 PM
thanks for the headsupppp!
(:

Go to: