silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void

[Post New]by silkywings on Nov 20, 10 8:23 PM
I am in the final chapter of the game and I have had so much fun. I didn't even have to use the walkthrough until the last two chapters and as little as I needed. I have only skipped two mini-games towards the end because I just couldn't manage them. This is a game I have really enjoyed. So many little nuances and delights sprinkled throughout...it is like having a banana split every evening and enjoying every mouthful. A great game and one I will look forward to replaying. Thank you Elephant Games for a Supernova.

[Post New]by itmustbetrue on Nov 21, 10 6:52 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It took me awhile to play it, which I enjoy a game that takes longer than 4 hours to play. And trying to figure out what to do without having to look at the stratagy guide was hard since I had to go to the guide 4 times. I do enjoy a game thats challenging and takes a weekend plus a day or two to play and its not easy. I wish Big Fish would come up with more games like this. When I play a game its not done till I can play thru the whole thing without a clue of where something is at or a skip of the puzzles. Then I can actually say I beat the game, even though sometimes I have to play it 3 to 5 times to say that. And I love how you win badges throughout the game. How about a game that everytime you do go back and have to play it, the objects are moved. But then that would have to be alot of stratagy play by play shots. LOVE THIS GAME.

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Nov 21, 10 3:21 PM
I played this game off and on for a few days. I was quite pleased with it. Nice graphics, a story that you really wanted to follow instead of clicking crazily to get through it. I let my niece and nephew help a bit and they needed a few hints so I missed one award. This is a game that I may go back to so I can play it again. I don't know what I missed as far as not getting the CE but I have no complaints about the regular game at all.
Fabulous, dah-link, simply fabulous!

[Post New]by mscarsey on Nov 21, 10 7:56 PM
I really loved this game. It might not have had all the unique **** but it was fun adventuring around the property and coming back in the front door to end the game. I loved it! Great job!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Nov 22, 10 8:55 AM
This wouldn't be a bad game if it ACTUALLY worked properly! I got to the room where Sirus Void was unconscious at his desk, then clicked on the sparkly area behind him. After finding all the objects, the game froze up, and wouldn't go ANYYWHERE!!! I contacted Customer Support, they had me update certain things on my computer, but to no avail. They THEN told me that I should just create a new profile, and start over! Well, I did just that.......and guess what? The EXACT SAME PLACE, THE EXACT SAME THING!!!! Obviously, there is a MAJOR problem with this game. The developers need to update the game and fix all the bugs, or BigFish should take the game off the market.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Nov 23, 10 2:59 PM
Just had to add my "I LOVED IT" to this thread. More like this please. Just when I thought I was coming to the end (getting out of the subway) there was a whole lot more game to play. This was excellent. I loved the Irish Wolfhound and even liked the very helpful frog. Didn't have to go to the walkthrough once which is a first for me with this type of game.

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Nov 24, 10 4:45 PM
I really enjoyed this one! I thought the graphics were good and easy to see. I hate it when the HOG is so dark you couldn't see some things if your life depended on it. I thought the story line was good and the puzzles were just hard enough for a dope like me. I was not frustrated but challenged enough to try them and delighted when I actually got them. See, I'm not too swift on the puzzles. .
I hope they come out with more like this cause this is one I was definately glad I bought.
I love the spooky ones anyway, although I am now sitting here worrying about the fate of the two trolls. They seemed kinda sweet!

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Nov 26, 10 3:49 AM
The fact that I was able to finish this game says it all. I loved this game and will play it again the next day. Nothing more annoying than having puzzle with no skip option that effectively ends your progress in a game. I don't mind taking a penalty but design the game so everyone can play the entire game!

[Post New]by Eppitiffany2121 on Nov 26, 10 1:08 PM
I LOVED this game

[Post New]by Huskies4 on Nov 28, 10 1:44 PM
I really enjoyed the game. It kept me busy for more than a week, playing an hour or more each day. I liked that it is much more than a HOG. The puzzles were interesting and challenging! More games like this please!

mothermayhem
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mothermayhem on Nov 28, 10 4:17 PM
Enjoyed this game very much.(Thought it was a little heavy on the hidden object scenes). Was delighted to find 3 Minute Pop Corn in one of the hog scenes. That was a long ago past blast.

Edited on 11/28/2010 at 4:20:25 PM PST

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Nov 28, 10 8:07 PM
I am at the hotel and a quick peek at the Walk-through indicates that is about half way through. Loving the game and the length. Well worth the credit.

A mix of H O G sceens and finding objects (like keys) to solve challenges (like opening locked first aid kits). H O G sceens are not to difficult. No microscopic bits to find. You need to walk around a good bit, but once you've finished an area and don't need to return, your return path is blocked. So no wandering endlessly around, looking for that one thing you missed on the first pass.

Mini games have been very easy, easy and not so easy. Haven't hit a real challenge--so far. I really like the hint system. Hints seem to replenish quickly enough (only used it once), but pop-up screens congratulate you when you get so far without using the hints. Kind of encourages me to not use the hints.

Interesting story line. Mad scientist has a creepy old mansion. He's been breeding trolls and who knows what else. Three people recently disappeared in the mansion and you have to investigate. Kind of gruesome at points (dead bodies) and that Teddy Bear creeped me out! But I like that sort of thing, so kudos to the developer.Great graphics. Music not annoying and fits well with the atmosphere of the game.

I would give it 5/5 stars. No kidding, I love it.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Nov 28, 10 9:08 PM
A thoroughly enjoyable game. Lots of places to visit, lots of HOgs that are not impossible to find and tons of challenges and puzzles. The hint button reloads fast and you do not get punished for clicking too fast. Have fun with this one, I sure did. Good job BF

[Post New]by blueswolf83 on Nov 29, 10 9:59 PM
Now that was a really fun game!

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Nov 30, 10 6:38 PM
Finished and have a few further comments. The game is one of the best. Yes, right up there with RTR.

The games lasts a long time. Many fun locations. The story line gets convoluted toward the end, but that doesn't impact game play. The H O G scenes get progressively harder (find 5 crowns, 3 feathers, etc) and so did the mini games. Both doable with some thought and work.

I like the acheivements you are awarded for reaching certain stages of the game and for doing most of it without using a hint. I used two and still got all the awards, so you don't have to play a perfect game. Still, I like that idea, which might make replay more fun.

Fantastic game. Thanks BFG!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 1, 10 9:25 AM
Well, I'm glad some of you got to finish....wish I could've done that without the game freezing up.....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 2, 10 11:25 AM
My feelings about this are mixed, but that's partly because I never feel that the text is beta'd as well as the rest of the game and there were several typos. (They seemed to get fewer as the game went along but that could be because I was noticing them less as the game went along).

This is a 4/6 for me in terms of difficultiy. I got all of the achievements on my first play-through. I don't know what happened to the reward on the main menu though. That's probably just for the CE.

I'd give this 8 out of 10 for entertainment.

ETA Ma l eus or Ma ll eus? They couldn't seem to make up their minds if his name had one l or two.

Maleus / Incus / Stapes - Hammer / Anvil / Stirrup - the three bones of the inner ear.

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 11:43:36 AM PST

Edith9
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by Edith9 on Dec 4, 10 2:11 PM
Wow, amazing game. **** scenes are well balanced, no too litlle objects while I have been playing. Interesting story, I´m really curious what ending will be. I want more games like this one.

Edited after finishing game. And even regular edition is pretty long, around 6 hours, which is quite good, considering fact that some CE are finished after 3,5 hours.

Edited on 12/05/2010 at 11:11:50 AM PST

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Dec 6, 10 3:23 PM
Just loved this wonderful game! Got the SE. I played it on and off for about a week.....wished that all the games I use a credit on played this l-o-n-g Story line, graphics, and the fact that it was quite linear are all pluses. Lots and lots of HOG scenes which are a fav for me Adorable croaking frog provided me with hints of where to go, and what to do when I needed it. Puzzles didn't drive me nuts [really like the mathematical ones]........I achieved all but 2 of the awards at the end [ which makes it good for replay] A definate recommendation from me for this fun, well designed game from the folks at Elephant!! +1/2........... ............mega smooches

[Post New]by merryco on Dec 6, 10 3:44 PM
Have had problems with this game since I installed it. ALWAYS freezing. I uninstalled and reinstalled....went to HELP section...downloaded what their suggestion was..started playing again...O.K. for awhile ..am now stuck with the creatures in the cave...fixed the ladder, but now the "out" arrow won't even appear!! VERY frustrated and disgusted!!!

Go to: