MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void technical issues here only

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Jan 1, 11 5:52 AM
MrLipid wrote:No different. I installed it exactly the same way I installed the previous games. And the previous games are Bookworm Deluxe, Mahjongg Dimensions Deluxe, Princess Isabella, and Valerie Porter and the Scarlet Scandal.

UPDATE

Following the sage advice of Alex O. of CS, I went into the Applications folder of my Mac and discovered that Admin had been set to Read Only. (Seems there is a lot of that going around.) Changed that to Read & Write and Mystery Trackers installed flawlessly.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Well done, MrLipid! This is very important knowledge that might fix other games having problems saving the game.

[Post New]by shirleyf2 on Jan 1, 11 8:36 PM
I lost all the inventory without any reason that I can think of.

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Jan 3, 11 10:21 AM
MarpleLover wrote:
MrLipid wrote:No different. I installed it exactly the same way I installed the previous games. And the previous games are Bookworm Deluxe, Mahjongg Dimensions Deluxe, Princess Isabella, and Valerie Porter and the Scarlet Scandal.

UPDATE

Following the sage advice of Alex O. of CS, I went into the Applications folder of my Mac and discovered that Admin had been set to Read Only. (Seems there is a lot of that going around.) Changed that to Read & Write and Mystery Trackers installed flawlessly.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Well done, MrLipid! This is very important knowledge that might fix other games having problems saving the game.

Thanks.

When a game fails to install due to a system setting, it can be very hard to diagnose. Best to check things like Settings and Permissions before digging into whether the game itself is at fault.

BoiseDon
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BoiseDon on Jan 5, 11 6:36 PM
I am experiencing the same problem with the Magician room I've completed the Hidden objects but the game stays on the screen and will not back out. Frog and main menu work

typegal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by typegal on Jan 7, 11 5:58 PM
mahb wrote:hi put figurine on dash board switch tursos and heads but they are still wrong and now the game wont let me switch them anymore. i can still move throuh the game but i think this puzzle is inportant. magician and writer have the wrong tursos and i need to swith them. how do i fix this without using the skip. i have not used it yet.
thanks

I am playing the game for the 2nd time, and just came across the same problem! I did not have the "Skip" option, just a Hint available. It told me to go elsewhere.

I quit out of game, then restarted. Still same problem. I haven't tried a new profile yet, nor have I uninstalled/reinstalled game.

(Mac OS 10.5.8)

Edited on 01/07/2011 at 6:01:42 PM PST

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Jan 7, 11 6:08 PM
I remember the figurine in the dashboard puzzle. It was hard but eventually i figured it out and moved on. Perhaps you need to play the game for a while before the skip option is lit.

Best to skip it if too hard and you do have that option.

typegal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by typegal on Jan 8, 11 9:41 AM
MarpleLover wrote:I remember the figurine in the dashboard puzzle. It was hard but eventually i figured it out and moved on. Perhaps you need to play the game for a while before the skip option is lit.

Best to skip it if too hard and you do have that option.

Thanks, but it's not too hard. I got it right the first time I played it. I got so far this time around and it just locked and wouldn't let me change any more of the pieces. I am to the point in the game where that's all I can do is the puzzle to get the glovebox open.

I am playing the 2nd time around to get the Achievement Award for not skipping any puzzles or using any hints! I was doing great until I reached this point.

[Post New]by gardenfish on Jan 9, 11 9:10 PM
I also cannot get past the stubborn dashboard game. I just need to switch the magician and writer torso but they will not move when I click on them. Looks like a true bug to me.

[Post New]by bugsy2010 on Jan 13, 11 5:12 PM
I'm at the end of Chapter 8. I've placed the ID card in the slot. The door opened and (very slowly) the movie started. But now I'm stuck. Nothing is happening and I have no options to move back or forward. I've rebooted, ran security check and cleared cache. Any ideas?

The Void

[Post New]by laluce on Feb 5, 11 12:44 AM
I need a flame thrower to get rid of those pesky bees but when I go to the car, I can't open glove box to get trunk key and the trunk has the flame thrower. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Lu

NCwriter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by NCwriter on Feb 8, 11 9:01 PM
I'm in the cave where the injured monster needs medicine, and there's a broken ladder behind him. I clicked on the ladder and it zoomed in close up and said the ladder needs to be fixed, so I dragged up the board I had picked up before clicking on the ladder. I I didn't yet have a hammer or nails, so I closed that window to continue playing. When I did find the hammer, I came back to finish fixing the ladder, and now the game won't let me click on the ladder anymore! I've clicked all around everywhere, trying to get that darn zoomed-in window to open so I can fix the ladder, but it won't open it again, so I can't fix the ladder and I'm stuck. I guess I'll have to create a new profile and start all over.

Until I came to this forum, I had no idea this game had so many bugs, or I wouldn't have bought it.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

The Void

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 9:32 PM
laluce wrote:I need a flame thrower to get rid of those pesky bees but when I go to the car, I can't open glove box to get trunk key and the trunk has the flame thrower. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Lu

If I remember right, you have to arrange the people on the dash correctly to open the glove box.
m

@NCwriter
Do you have nails? You will need those also to fix the ladder.
m

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 9:33:28 PM PST

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Feb 14, 11 6:48 PM
Well, this is discouraging. I am stuck in the Magician's room where so many were back in NOVEMBER and still no fix?? I have an email into them and will mention this, as I'm sure many of you have done. I used a game credit on this game because I really liked it and now this. I'll go in and use a different profile name, but I don't want to start all over again.

ok, went back in under another profile and I got past that stupid frozen **** scene. Don't know if my luck will continue...I really don't like starting games over from the beginning, even if I'm not that far into them.

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 7:31:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Veilchen on Mar 1, 11 7:59 AM
I should have read this thread before i bought the game
I am stuck at the recordplayer. no way to move, get in, out, forward, back, not even the skip button. not able to get any reaction by clicking on whatever...
It's a shame that there is still no patch for so many problems.
And when i read that some of you re-installed the game just to end up at the same spot with the same failure it does not really encourage me...
Rebooting the computer did not help btw.

agedog1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Has the game been fixed

[Post New]by agedog1 on Mar 1, 11 3:20 PM
I am downloading the demo now, to see if it will run (don't know why it wouldn't) but I see many problems here so I don't think I'll purchase till it is fixed

SPSt
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by SPSt on Mar 1, 11 7:55 PM
Trying to start the train -- I have the key, but it will *not* go in the ignition. The magnifying glass on the ignition only gets the "need instructions" statement (I have the instructions just fine), and will not enlarge the area. Hint keeps saying I'm ready to start.

ARGH. To this point I have been very happy with this game, because I *like* HOG. I also like that this game is logical, and doesn't send me back to the same places over and over to get things that -- if I were actually "living" the game -- I would have picked up the first time!

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Mar 29, 11 1:36 PM
I'm also unable to back out of a hidden object scene, once all the objects are found. Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

[Post New]by breeze97760 on Apr 6, 11 2:44 PM
celticwolf55 wrote:I got to the magicians room and the game has frozen up. I completed all of the hidden objects, but the game will not back out of the close-in picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I did a DxDiag test, I checked with DirectX and it said I have the latest version with no need for updates. I have reinstalled again and still it goes right back to the same scene and gets stuck. Is there any fix or patch for this game that will help. Please advise or provide assistance. I really like the game and wish to continue, but not if it is going to keep freezing at this point. I noticed in the forum that another player had the exact same difficulty at the exact same point in the game. Other than the hidden object scene freezing the rest of the screen is responding just fine. The hints frog works, the menu works, the strategy guide appears when clicked, but even though all objects are accounted for, it absolutely will not let me back out of the completed close-in hidden object scene.

[Post New]by ChristerDoo on Apr 7, 11 9:29 AM
Well - As of first week in April, no showstoppers seem to be present - unless I luckily avoided the exact combo of events which triggers them. I was able to get all achievements for no skips or hints.
BUT - there was one area where a puzzle does cue incorrectly and I did wonder for a bit if I was stuck for good.
This happened when I was in the room where you see the movie and he tries to gas you. The laser puzzle in the NEXT room was triggering in this room - when I click on the foil mirror, it told me to put a small mirror on the chair. Of course this isimpossible so I was getting a bit flustered. Only when I went to the following room did I realize this cue was for that room and not the gas room.
Hope this helps if anyone has a similar issue.

[Post New]by talashea on Apr 28, 11 12:08 PM
I am stuck at the tram, I have the lever but it says it won't open until i direct power??? i thought maybe i missed something so i started a new character, this did not work either. /sigh, what am i doing wrong, could be that i am blond hehe, but i even we so far as to looking through the walk through and i just can't figure it out, seems i have done everthing right so far, any solutions???
Thx.

Go to: