Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow

[Post New]by mandalamama on Nov 19, 10 9:43 AM
first i have to say: i LOVE the graphics and sounds in the Season Match series!

re: is it boring? it might be for some. the beautiful graphics make me happy enough not to get bored (i'm an artist). my 6-yr-old daughter has been playing Season Match 2 since she was 3.5 - playing it over and over and over as kids do - and she loves it so. she especially loves SM3, because it is more difficult than SM2 - the game has grown with her, she feels. i can see a zillion replays for my kidlet!

highly recommended for anyone with children! there doesn't seem to be a "too young" age for most match-3 games. (although of course the adults should always play through first, same as with TV and movies, to see if there's anything that would bug your kid.) they say that young children should have no more than 2 hours "screen time" including TV, computer and video games, and even 1 hour of a great Big Fish game daily satisfies my kidlet's need for technology, thank goodness!

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Nov 21, 10 8:10 PM
I think those that say this game is too easy are not trying the Arcade mode. In the Arcade mode there is an incentive to get all full sun faces (fastest time) in each month, which I at least do not find easy at all (unlike the story mode which is untimed and, yes, the HOG element is very very easy but sort of charming).One thing you can do if you keep getting half sun or the moon is to save up a full coin from other levels and use it to buy more time on the difficult levels (using the coin to get extra time is in fact described in the Help file).

The graphics are great, the music is suitable but inobtrusive, the sound effects are cute, the story is sort of goofy and inexpertly translated but perfectly understandable - all in all I found this to be addictive and satsifying and I am very happy I bought it.

Edited on 11/22/2010 at 2:45:11 PM PST

[Post New]by mrkwst22 on Nov 23, 10 9:42 AM
This game is a sub-genre of the Match 3 mechanic which is based on the collapse model. Personally, I think these games should be isolated and stamped with a large warning: NOT MATCH 3!

The game (as has been noted by others) is BORING!!!!! It requires no problem-solving skills whatsoever. It offers no challenge. Just twitch and click. The mini-games are juvenile and the graphics are mediocre at best. But my bad, because I didn't play the trial.

Man, what a waste of money!

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Nov 23, 10 11:33 PM
I played the demo on this game and I did find some spelling errors. Other then that, I really enjoyed this game and am planning on buying the full version. I never played the other season match games, I didn't know there were any actually. The graphics are fantastic in this and I like the story.

[Post New]by bobbique on Dec 6, 10 7:26 AM
Really the best Season Match to date. Hope they come out with the Zodiac one they hint about at the end. (oops maybe spoiler) Will play again & try for higher score.

Kymberlie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by Kymberlie on Dec 29, 10 8:31 PM
kdubs wrote:As a caution to some, while it did not hamper my enjoyment of the game, there are references to Tarot Cards.

I know. This is where I'm having a bit of trouble. I own Season Match 1, and held off of buying Season Match 2 because the game seems a lot shorter. I figured that Season Match 3 would be a no-brainer purchase, especially because of the number of levels it has, however, when I was doing the 60 minute trial, I came across the tarot cards...and it seems that they're not only referenced in one level of the game, but in ALL levels, as it appears that each of the months is trapped in one. I cannot begin to express the issues I have with the idea of tarot cards, and to see them scattered throughout a game I was planning on purchasing, makes me very disappointed.

As I'd mentioned, I've only played the majority of the 60 minute trial, but it would be helpful to know from those that have played the entire game, how heavily are tarot cards referenced? I haven't been able to bring myself to purchase the game yet (and now I see it's on sale for $4.99), but it's the tarot cards that hold me back. Why must developers insist on putting this kind of symbol in games? Ugh.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jan 5, 11 7:53 PM
This is the first time that have demoed a match3. After playing for an hour I did not find this game terribly interesting. I play ****'s and IHO's, FROG's, etc, and have played short versions of this game so I thought I would give it a try using more time.

The graphics were beautiful but that is all I have to say about the type of game itself.
However, after reading the reviews describing this game as very easy, maybe I will try another demo of a match 3 genre.

No buy for me.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 9, 11 9:42 PM
I played all of the season match games and I really don't see what all the hype is about. I thought I'd enjoy them but, they're pretty easy and the get boring really fast.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 13, 11 5:22 AM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is M3 with several HOG and other minigames. And while the game starts out relatively easy, it does become progressively harder. The storyline is well written and takes up where Season Match 2 left off. Even though the witch is evil, the devs didn't take the normal path of making her ugly. Rather the witch crow is quite lovely.

The game is an A+.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Jan 14, 11 1:11 PM
The game is simple but very addictive. I was glad that she bought. I really, really like it!

iou001
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by iou001 on Jan 14, 11 10:31 PM
We have a winner here. I'm a HOG player and wanted something different. Saw this one listed as a new year special (members: $4.99), read the description and reviews and decided to give it a try. Match 3 games have always been a 'just ok' type of game to me but wonders never cease. I LOVE THIS GAME! It's so different. It's not only a Match 3 game but it incorporates the hidden objects I love and other challenging games that are fun. The graphics are some of the best. The storyline is intriguing. It's exactly what I was looking for. Even though I got it on sale it's well worth the regular price. I can see myself playing it again and again. BFG NEEDS MORE GAMES LIKE THIS ONE! Thank you for finding this one for your members.

[Post New]by tuckerzmom on Jan 15, 11 5:02 AM
Enjoyed the game but found a number of errors that should have been caught in the testing phase. First there is no pause, If you get out of the game while it is still running, you cannot get back. Second, the last medallion on the arcade game never unlocked even though I had completed all of the story and the arcade levels. There were also spelling and caption errors that should have been causght.

[Post New]by SanJonGar on Jan 23, 11 8:32 AM
I have played the game several times and find it relaxing - don't have to think to get them all. I have also tried the arcade portion but can't seem to get the "full moon" on all months. Is there a prize for getting all of them? Or is it really possible to get them all? I thought I was pretty good at it (got 3/4 of them) but not sure if it's worth really pushing to get all. Anyone know?

pat040134
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by pat040134 on Jan 24, 11 12:45 PM
Just finished Match 3. It was boring and easy, but I kept with it because it said when I finished with the story I could play the Arcade, but that didn't happen. It took me right back to the story.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 6, 11 5:36 PM
I agree with most of the "reviewers" that it is not a Match 3 game it is BETTER. I liked the game and was totally enthralled with the hour demo. One of my favorites is cradle of rome (didn't like 2 though) and the other that I own is fishdom (again didn't like 2). this game is on my to buy list but at 2.99 (DD) not full price. I also just played an OLD game (2009 LOL) called DragonStone it also is listed as a match 3 but is not. it was fun and I found it also very challenging the longer you played. For those of you who were bored sorry, Ok, but I loved this game and cant wait for it to show up on the DD - I know it will have to as Puppetvilles have both showed up there & I was the idiot w **** paid not only full price but CE price! Happy Gaming Fishies

Lean

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 11, 11 1:16 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by PotionLover on Apr 12, 12 10:02 AM
A beautiful game -- the graphics are clear and stunning, the characters and settings are charming, and lovingly detailed. I like the story, too. This is my first "match" purchase (I usually buy TMs) and I am very pleasantly surprised!

This is one of my favorite games to tune out to--perfect when I need a break from studying (or life, lol). It's not a high-pressure TM game--there is no timer so no pressure to race the clock, but you do get a bonus if you finish faster. The interspersed HOG and "card match" mini-games are pretty easy, too.

Highly recommended if you're a fan of witch/ demon/ mystical being stories that are a just a tad suspenseful but not super-horrifying; if you appreciate beautiful graphics; if you want something that's a pleasant, pretty, low-pressure diversion. Those looking for a tough TM-type challenge or a true "horror" story will probably be bored.

[Post New]by qannie on Nov 13, 12 9:36 AM
Bought the game for my ipad but it crashes after a few levels. Any tips?

Go to: