hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 15, 10 7:21 AM
grrr!!!! This game is so annoying that I had to quit after 15 mins. I guess you can figure what I'm doing with this one.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Nov 15, 10 8:47 AM
THANKS...GOOFY, DR., PUZZLE & GRAN

For the GREAT reviews

I am not buying for I never liked the first 2. I also, hate STD ( or FTD )

Happy Gaming

PEN

EDITED ...SORRY , CHER i for got to mention you

Edited on 11/15/2010 at 8:48:39 AM PST

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Nov 15, 10 9:01 AM
I have played 53 minutes of the demo and heere are my thoughts. I did not like the original Hidden Object Show but decided to try this one. I just finished playing the Sherlock Holmes, Hounds of Baskerville and this game was a lighter game. I was pretty much ready to hate it, but actually found it enjoyable. There is certainly plenty of variety in the game and it is campy.
The silhouettes were somewhat difficult as some of the objects were hard to identify. I don't mind STD's and only had to do two of those in the time I played. I liked the game matching two items to create the item on the list.
The graphics were not the best I have seen, but they were far from the worst. I had no problems with dark areas or blended items during the list portions of the game.
I am somewhat on the fence on whether to purchase this game, but it is a rainy day here and it seems to be made for a quiet, no stress kind of day. I think I am leaning to buy. Knowing how much I disliked the original I am surprised that I enjoyed the demo of this one as much as I did.
The game is quite a mixed bag but I would recommend trying this demo and see how you like it. You might be surprised and if you don't like it you can always hit delete

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Nov 15, 10 9:12 AM
I have to say that I don't care for this one which is a shame because last week I was just thinking it was about time for another Hidden Object game show game. I have the other two and prefer the second one the most because of the colors and festival type atmosphere. I still have yet to finish it but haven't played on it in months. The first one I think I got just because I needed to use a credit and didn't find anything else that grabbed me. Haven't done it since.

That being said, I liked the kind of sinister side to it, but the music got annoying and overall I found it too easy which is a shame because for me the second one was challenging. I don't care for spot the differences and even though I kept unlocking new puzzles, whenever I spun the wheel, the SAME ones kept coming up. Silhouette, spot the difference, a few puzzle ones, and even less lists.

Have several credits due to expire soon but can't justify getting this one just because.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 15, 10 9:18 AM
Standard HOG for beginners only. Having been around the HOG block for a few years now, I'd have more fun playing with goofyduck77's new puppy.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 15, 10 10:05 AM
sorry, guys - i'll be passing on this one... just not a fan of the hidden object show games and the little "twists" to freshen this one up just aren't my thing...

i'd rather be playing jeopardy!

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Nov 15, 10 11:44 AM
Although I am an avid HOG player and don't normally like games in which they are just H0, I did enjoy this one. Some have said that is for beginners and maybe that's why I liked it. I absolutely do not like FTD's, but these were fairly easy so I was able to continue the game with little effort. I think what I liked is the variety, rather than just one type of H0. Here you do lists, FTD, 10 things, etc. So, this might not be for everyone, but it's a buy for me.

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Nov 15, 10 12:00 PM
OMG this game is HILARIOUS!! I'm only 2 levels in (released 2 people) but am having so much fun with it. It kind of does the work for you so you're not running around castles looking for stuff. It IS straight up HOG, but with a twist. love the character voices - my husband is cracking up from the other side of the room! There's a sense of urgency during the bonus games, which are timed, but then you go back to the HOG scene, which are not, and can relax a little. I like it!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Nov 15, 10 12:22 PM
I enjoyed this quite a bit for about the first half hour. The graphics are beautiful and the dialogue well done...but then I found myself getting bored and quit with 15 minutes left on the demo. You just do the same things over and over again: spin the wheel, find stuff or find the differences, listen to the host mock you (he seems to have a repertoire of only 3-4 phrases) and occasionally click as fast as you can to earn chips. And the chips, seriously, are mostly useless. You can earn hint chips - but why? The hint star refills at an amazingly quick rate anyway. The skip chips mean absolutely nothing, because you might end up playing that dreaded "find the difference" game anyway. And I don't like that in the "list" games, you're only shown five objects to find at a time.

Bottom line: nice premise, fun at first, but quickly becomes tedious. A no-buy for me, unless it shows up on the Daily Deal, and even then I'll give it some thought.

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on Nov 15, 10 3:23 PM
Terri218 wrote:
CasualGran wrote:

STD's??? You've got me puzzled here...

Oh wait... Spot The Differences!

That's not the first thing I think of when I hear STD - LOL.

I think they're called STI's now. You know, "Spot the Inconsistencies.'

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 15, 10 4:02 PM
I thought we'd agreed to use FTD instead of STD?

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Nov 15, 10 4:12 PM
OzzyRobyn wrote:I thought we'd agreed to use FTD instead of STD?

whose we'd? I didn't get that bulletin.
Dr.good

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 15, 10 4:28 PM
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

I saw it mentioned somewhere in chit chat, I think. Some people found it offensive.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Nov 15, 10 4:44 PM
Not a buy for me, I hate STD and straight HOG's, like a little adventure

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 15, 10 4:48 PM
Thank you DrGood for that tip on the spin, using Back

Considering I'm getting the game free with my remaining punch code from Oct. it is a fun variety of different things to do waiting for that one good special one. Which may or may not appear by the end of the month. This for me is a good go to game, no need to plod through the whole thing at once, could get monotonous. Pick up at anytime, getting a little tired of my M3s lately. The HOGs are just the right challenge for me. Haven't got a find 2 match items. A bucket and an hourglass?? is it a bucket full of sand? Or Chronus and kick the bucket LOL. Wasn't that on an old thread suggesting safe items that don't offend? Someone said a bucket could be offensive if you are worried about dying.... A clock and a fireplace? Could it be a mantle clock? Oh I can't wait for some riddles.

My adreneline is going rollercoaster, rush, relax, rush, relax, and hints so available every time I have to use 3 or 4 on a HOG I have to say sorry Gramps, hope I'm not killing you off with my sloppy playing. This is too silly to pass up, and best part I haven't had to get lost another hour going in circles, sure don't need a walkthrough. You can turn the sound off you know if the villain's voice is irritating. Like on MCFs if you don't want the snarky comments. I must say these are the easiest FTDs I ever played, no hints needed, but I'm challenged on the HOGs especially sillouettes which are usually easier for me than words visually. This game seems to have turned everything around backwards which I like. I can't even stand gameshows on TV so I like having one be the brunt of a joke. A game I hate to love.

Well, I'm off for another spin. Need to rest the mind before getting back into Holme's Baskerville or all those others lining up to spook me out.

ps Joyce, glad you have a sense of humor. I'm here for fun too.

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Nov 15, 10 6:59 PM
I am also enjoying the variety in this game--and it is very amusing. I don't mind STD/FTD games, as long as they aren't too picky (like counting blades of grass) and these aren't too bad. And the hints appear to be unlimited and the hint button refreshes really quickly.
The zigsaw puzzle mode is interesting--you have to place a few pieces in the puzzle which is already complete. One mode had you hunting for letters to fill in the clue words as to what objects to hunt for in the scene. The variety of different modes makes this interesting and a nice way to spend a couple of hours between more intense I HOGs. And I really like the bonus modes, where you look for fragments of chips--I don't mind being interrupted to do them and if you don't want to do them, you can just ignore the pop-ups for them.
Anyway, I am glad I demoed this to decide for myself, and I liked it so much, that I purchased it.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 15, 10 8:01 PM
snapnhiss wrote:
doctorgood wrote:

Dr.good

I saw it mentioned somewhere in chit chat, I think. Some people found it offensive.

Well **I** am offended that I have to think of ewwww ick flowers *shudder* every time someone types FTD instead of STD so guess "we" better come up with something different.

Actually I'm STILL offended that I can't just type the name of a good friend Dlck and heaven forbid we actually use the full name of one of the greatest comedic actors of all time! Isn't all this just a bit "junior high school"??? *removes tongue from cheek*

Oh... I almost forgot... the game... I'm still debating doing the trial or not... I'm bored with straight hogs anymore but the humor aspect sounds right up my alley.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Nov 15, 10 8:40 PM
I am starting to feel like I did when the producers kept making sequels of Jason, Nightmare on Elm Street.....
I got really tired of those also.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 15, 10 8:41 PM
Oh man I really want to buy this game!!! I love it all... except... well... the game!!! Even the back button trick doesn't work because we don't get to spin for every round... we spin and then finish and it says something like "mode two" and I end up doing a boring list... and then BAM "mode three" and I still don't get to spin and end up with another list. And even worse we don't get to see the whole list at once we have to find just five at a time... I hate that.

The bonus round... those are fun! I like that fast clicking the pieces of chips. Oh for those that were annoyed by the bonus rounds I don't think you have to do them... I'm playing while watching DWTS and sometimes I'd see the bonus round come up but I was watching a dance and when I looked back the bonus option was gone. So I think if you ignore it it will go away.

The STD (neiner neiner I said it!! ) were easy... sillouettes easy... list basically easy although some were small and blurry... but I had so many bonus round hints it didn't matter... the find 10 which I love sucked because the items were way too small and blended in. I mean give me a break! A tiny brownish butterfly on a brownish plant?! No thanks.

I played half an hour and didn't get through the first cage. I love the bad guy... love the granddaughter... was dying laughing at the opening scene with the comments like "I can't believe he's still using that!" LOLOL!!! It's GREAT!!! Maybe if it's on DD I'll pick it up just for grins (maybe) but I really really really wish we could only play the modes we wanted to... it would have meant a BUY for me... but I can't tolerate the repetitive lists over and over again just for the fun parts. Sorry Devs... no sale here.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Nov 15, 10 11:32 PM
This one is pretty much the same as the first two in the series so if you liked them, you will enjoy this one. If not, you will not enjoy this game either. Same basic set-up except now the game show host has turned to the dark side.

I had the sound turned off so I didn't hear any background music or comments from the different characters. In my hour demo, I rescued three people. I detest spot the difference, but I found that once I did well on the first two I got in spins, I never got any more spot the difference. Mainly just list and silhouette. I enjoyed the addition of the bonus game. It shows up for only a short time so if you don't click on it in time, it disappears. A lot of times I was too busy looking for something to notice its appearance. As with the other two in the series, I found that if I used a skip chip on a game, I tended to spin that game more frequently. Also, if I didn't like what game I got on a spin, I could respin.

Overall, this is a nice game that gives enough of a variety to make it worthwhile. Even though I do enjoy iHOGs and straight HOGs, this game gives a welcome break.

Go to: