karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tulula: Legend of a Volcano

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 16, 10 7:35 AM
Thanks for the reply Sinshack. I think that I may take the risk (although I may regret it later) and buy, as the loading between screens doesn't seem as long as other people have posted here.
What's the old saying "marry in haste and repent at leisure"?

[Post New]by Msinky on Nov 16, 10 7:42 AM
I downloaded this game twice, but when I tried to play it,it was taking more than 30min. to load. I never did get to play it, so I deleted it.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Nov 16, 10 7:54 AM
Kiddie game my foot. This is a beautiful, well thought out game. I bought it after the demo today. I turned the spoken dialogue off and concentrated on the gaming more. I've still got a long way to go to finish this.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 8:22 AM
The dialog is hilarious, and gets better as you go along. I just got to one scene and the Chief told me "This is such hard work - I got all sweaty just explaining it to you."

Edit: I just reached the doctor's hut - Doctor Kouse. This game is full of fun surprises. If he shows up with a cane, I'll probably need CPR from laughing.

Update: yes, there's a cane involved, but it's even funnier than if he used it to walk.

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 8:46:35 AM PST

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Nov 16, 10 8:37 AM
Silly, funny, odd, quirky, not as easy as it first appears, and fun. I played about 45 minutes of the demo. Like others, as first thought "this is too easy and childish", then I realized I'd laughed a couple of times. When I reached the Temple of Fun, I was hooked.... I just can't resist a game with a Temple of Fun!

It's a buy for me, if only because there is no "missing grandfather", damsel in distress, floating eyeballs, vampires, bats, ravens, ghosts, dark spooky mansion, etc! A happy game that made me smile, gotta love that.

Have fun fishies!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 9:15 AM
I have a ROUGH estimate of the time it will take to play. I'd say about 5-6 hours, not counting time spent rebuilding the village and getting drunk at the party they will surely throw for you when you've finished. That's also assuming you aren't one of the unfortunate ones having problems with the scenes taking more than a few seconds to load.

I've completed my 4th flag, and that's taken me a little over 2 hours playing time. There are 11 flags (hey, could this be a MCF7 clue?? Oh yeah, 11 legs, not 11 flags) so 5-6 hours should be fairly accurate. That and the fun factor made it well worth spending my credit on, but I know a lot of fishies just don't enjoy this type of game.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 16, 10 9:17 AM
Thanks to the reviews in the forum, I did play the demo thru till
the end. Parts of the game are quirky and fun which is a good
thing.

But then there are the things that are not to my taste.

Cursor searching: where you have to keep moving around
the screen waiting for cursor to change so you know where
to interact. Gives me a sore arm.

Fragments to find: prefer my H0's to be complete objects.

Not dissing the game, just explaining why it's not for me.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 16, 10 9:23 AM
I like it for all of the reasons mentioned in prior posts-thanks y'all. I beta tested this some time ago and had numerous problems getting it to download and then getting it to play. In fact, if I recall correctly the site I beta tested from had to send out a second email with a new link. I'm happy to say I had no problems whatsoever in the hour I played. Some other pluses-if you have to quit the game saves and brings you back to the exact spot you left off at. I love being called gorgeous-who wouldn’t? Do guys get called gorgeous too? There are multiple options for audio-music, sound, and overall volume. There’s also an option for less dialogue. I have no idea how much it decreases the amount as I didn’t select it. It goes on my To Buy list.

Thanks Cherb, for the age idea. That makes me 4 right now, but my birthday’s next week so I will be 5. If I read your post correctly the 13th Skull comes out on the 24th-Thanks Big Fish for the birthday present.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Nov 16, 10 9:26 AM
Got a 15-year-old granddaughter who I'd love to sit down with and enjoy this colorful game, but she might think it's a little too adolescent. Not me though--as I age and the little gray cells get a bit more stubborn, it's nice to have a fun, funny, bright game to pass some time. Like the sound effects, the music track (very fitting), the Options menu (although no cursor choice, but no problem with the game one), and especially the graphics and the gameplay itself. We're held up as a sort of conquering hero (or heroine, depending on your avatar). It's a HOG with inventory, adventure, puzzle, and "circle" (find-the-parts) fun all there. I'm just about done with the demo--I believe it's a 4-star buy that'll bring some sunshine to a cool and cloudy autumn day!

Any comments on the "Value" of this game?

[Post New]by Tchiquitamom on Nov 16, 10 9:34 AM
Greetings all! Does anyone have any comments on the length and re-play value of this game? I have enjoyed the demo, the one scene that took so long to load worried me a bit but the next two were fairly quick. I just can't afford to spend too much on a game no one else in my house will play...

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 16, 10 9:36 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Okay, I'm feeling a tiny bit guilty. Maybe I should try it again (download somewhere else), and see if I can get further along to understand the appeal, and see if I see it too. Because as most of the positive reviews have stated, it gets much better as you go along. Off to try.

Don't feel guilty if you don't like it, but I'm glad you're giving it another try. It just isn't everyone's cup of tea, but after a long October with werewolves, vampires, etc. it's nice to have a little lighthearted game to pop into.

commack
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by commack on Nov 16, 10 9:47 AM
It's cute but not for me. Colors are great. A little too slow for my taste. Froze after 9 minutes into the game. I had to control, alt, delete and even then it didn't want to close down.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Nov 16, 10 11:05 AM
wow! so in the land of tulula, i'm gorgeous and smart! i like this game!!

seriously, though, this game has a lot going for it - the first thing being that you can opt for "less dialogue" from the options menu... what do you think of that?? for those of you who just want the game, you can actually tell this one to "shut up" not that i did - i wanted the story... it's what the game's about, what my goals are, and all that other stuff that makes it a game and not just a bag of puzzles...

a lot of interactive stuff and some FROG items... fairly easy to figure everything out and get it done... no time limit and no one telling you to stop with the clicking already! so this a great game for younger players or anyone who just wants a relaxing game with no threat of messing everything up... personally, i've had it with games that tell you to interact with your environment and then send the cursor into swirlies every time you've made a wrong click too many... and these scenes are bright and colorful and inviting and the objects aren't tiny things hiding behind two or three very large things, either.. think we've all had it with that, too!

the little shaman dude is so cute and i like the way he kinda dances while he's standing there waiting for you to get things done! and trophies!!! OMG there's a trophy for every little thing - it's amazing!!! if you've ever felt down about a game because you feel like you're totally getting your a$$ handed to you - this is NOT that game! it's rewarding and light-hearted and just plain fun...

if you've ever been down and just wanted to jump into your box of crayons - wait no longer... this game is uplifting and nurturing to that inner child we all know gets bullied everyday...

it's just plain feel-good fun!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 16, 10 11:58 AM
sinshack wrote:I have a ROUGH estimate of the time it will take to play. I'd say about 5-6 hours, not counting time spent rebuilding the village and getting drunk at the party they will surely throw for you when you've finished. That's also assuming you aren't one of the unfortunate ones having problems with the scenes taking more than a few seconds to load.

Ah - it wasn't just me!! It took me every bit of 6 hours to play this game (I got stuck on the beach for a bit until I figured out how to proceed) - it is a hoot and now after reading other comments the next time I play it I will most definitely turn the dialog on!! It looks like I missed a good part of the fun and I had fun without the dialog... It looks like I will be playing this again much sooner than I anticipated!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 16, 10 12:46 PM
This is an average hog, nothing special in my opinion. I will put it on my "maybelist/games for daily Deal", but wouldn`t buy it yet. Maybe in the future.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 16, 10 12:50 PM
I played about 30 minutes of the demo and really enjoyed the lighthearted fun. Just finisheds Sherlock the Hounds and Cursed House and this was a nice change of pace. It wasn't that hard, the characters are cute and who doesn't feel good with all the praise the shaman heaps on you

I have a credit to spend and from what others are saying, it's a nice length, so I am off to buy.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 16, 10 12:52 PM
Glad those who enjoyed the game got to play it. For me, once I downloaded it and tried to play it, the game took forever to load. After waiting over 15 minutes I backed out of it and closed it manually. I've never had even a large file game take that long to load. What a waste of time!

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 16, 10 12:55 PM
I like this game. Bought it...

Tulula? (Bankhead?) Nah...

It is a refreshing break from the dark genera that abound. The art is well done and the graphics are clear and colorful.

The game seems somewhat elementary at first but I found it to be fun. The tasks and objects to find rather relaxing. You are not overwhelmed with helpful sparkles etc. You want a hint you have to ask for it.

(soapbox on)
I don't buy games so I can waste money by using the hints to complete them. I mean why bother? Just look for a walk-through and save yourself some money.
(soapbox off)

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 1:01:30 PM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 16, 10 1:04 PM
I absolutely agree. This game is fun. Once I got into it I found it wasn't quite as easy as I first thought. It's not a mind breaker but theres enough challenge to keep me happy. I played for an hour and bought it. I played another hour and have quite a long way to go still. If it looks silly or childish to you, try it for an hour and see what you think after that. I'm happy with the upbeat messages and bright atmosphere. It's a nice change from the asylums and graveyards although I love those too.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Nov 16, 10 1:48 PM
This game is just okay. I might buy it, if it were the DD of if there was a really great sale. If you enjoy it, have fun. I'm going back to Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone.

Go to: