Gala_Day
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Gala_Day on Nov 18, 10 5:45 AM
I played the beta game and made notes, about the slow recharge hint button, the difficulty of finding some really small objects and general darkness of the scenes as well as some spelling errors (were they fixed?)...only to find when i went to do the survey that it was closed! It looks as though nothing has changed from the beta version so i will not be demo'ing this. Oh well, better luck next time

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 5:48:41 AM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 18, 10 5:46 AM
Rhysdux wrote:I got stuck at the beginning of the second chapter because the hidden object game that was supposed to let me collect a magnet did not have a holster in it. It should have had a holster. But if I used one hint to find the damned holster, I used twelve. It always went to the same area. I always clicked on that area. And then down. And across. And sideways. I covered that entire area, inch by inch. The holster never showed up.

Because I could not click on the nonexistent holster, I could not collect the magnet. Because I could not collect the magnet, I could not get the lockpick that would let me in the house. And since there was no skip button for the hidden object game, I could not evade the flaw in the game and keep playing. It was all rather frustrating.

The holster is on the coat. It's difficult too see. But he exist.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Nov 18, 10 5:47 AM
Downloading the trial now and this is the first time I can remember having to install a Big Fish Games Stub...what in the world is a stub? And then it uninstalled and reinstalled my Game Manager and now my games font is smaller. What's with that?

[Post New]by wannabike on Nov 18, 10 6:03 AM
peglegann wrote:
Poutoule wrote:Downloading and wanted to read a review but I guess I've beaten Goofy there. One more CE and I'm waiting for MCF..... I'm broke, if I end up begging in the streets that will be entirely your fault, I became games addict !

Looks like I will have to bring a tent along, as the way things are going I will be there alongside you. LOL!

I'll join you. I lost everything due to my husbands extended illness and since he died I just rent a room. Just think of all the games I could buy if I lived in a tent!!!! Let me know where the campsite is........

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 18, 10 6:21 AM
nomatt wrote:Not a CE. I was so looking forward to this game. It seems BF have lowered their prices but plan to recoop by offering games as CEs for higher prices. Firstly, those stupid sparkles. Why do developers insist we are led by the hand with every area of interest sparkling away shouting "here I am"? An option to turn them off would seem to obvious. Secondly, The electric puzzle, Simple enough, but my solution followed a slightly different route so was deemed wrong. It met the objective, IE. join both ends but it only accepts one route? Poor. Thirdly, full screen does not fill my 22 wide screen, there are two inch gaps down each side. Lastly, it isn't a large enough download or a polished enough game to warrant a CE sticker. I have played half an hour and don't get me wrong, it is a good game but it certainly isn't worth a CE. A few months ago it would have been released as just another game. I'm going to wait for the SE with this one. Morals before profits please BF.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Nov 18, 10 6:22 AM
Hi nomatt my screen is 22 also and it won't fit my screen.

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Nov 18, 10 6:27 AM
peglegann wrote:
Poutoule wrote:Downloading and wanted to read a review but I guess I've beaten Goofy there. One more CE and I'm waiting for MCF..... I'm broke, if I end up begging in the streets that will be entirely your fault, I became games addict !

Looks like I will have to bring a tent along, as the way things are going I will be there alongside you. LOL!

I not only will bring a tent too, but some food from my cupboard. Should we bring sleeping bags? I love the CEs and keep buying them. The darker and gloomier the better.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor Collector's Editio

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 18, 10 6:28 AM
wannabike wrote:
peglegann wrote:

I'll join you. I lost everything due to my husbands extended illness and since he died I just rent a room. Just think of all the games I could buy if I lived in a tent!!!! Let me know where the campsite is........

It has increased in size now. A marquee no less. LOL!
I have sent you a PM.

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Nov 18, 10 6:31 AM
adrienne1 wrote:Hi guys.

Pleeeeease can we sign a petition to be able to use two credits for a CE. There are so many of them nowadays and I, like loads of others just can't afford many of them (state pensioner). I really don't see what difference it will make to BFG.

Yes, please let us use two credits on a CE. I am building a stash of credits because all I buy are the CEs.
BFG...PLEASE!!!

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 18, 10 6:58 AM
I like this game. I know that haunted mansion games are a dime a dozen right now, but I am not sick of them yet, although I am pretty discriminating about which ones I like and purchase. I wanted to get a CE game so I could fill up my punch card quicker, and after playing the demo and really enjoying it, I chose this one. I even find it a bit creepy, which I like, since I am not easily scared by most games. If you are not sick of haunted mansion games, enjoy IHOGs where you have to wander around a lot and figure out where objects go, and are okay with buying a CE, I think you should give it a try. I have only finished the demo so far, but I am finding the storyline intriguing and look forward to finding out what will happen next.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 18, 10 7:07 AM
maybe a buy at $2.99..........maybe!

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Nov 18, 10 7:19 AM
Played 51 minutes of the demo and got to the boiler room. I don't know how long the game is, but I like it. I don't know if I will wait for the regular version or buy, but it is a buy either way. The hog scenes are neither too easy nor too hard. I used a couple of hints here and there, but I really didn't need to if I had been more patient. I love spooky; and the "ghosts" popping up here and there is entertaining. Yup, a definite buy for me.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 18, 10 7:20 AM
I doubt I will buy either as a CE or SE. Someone mentioned that it was unoriginal...to that I will add I kept thinking of Return to Ravenhurst the entire time I was playing. It's been some time since I played it, but the ghosts, the storyline, etc. seem remarkably similar. The only difference being in quality RTR is much better in my opinion. Am I the only one who noticed it or am I just imagining things?

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 18, 10 7:31 AM
flowerchild44 wrote:great to read all the reviews, i am fence sitting on this one, just not sure, i think i like it but i know i dont love it...mmmmm what to do, do i wait and see whats coming in, or do i part with some more cash...decisions decisions....

I have to agree. We've been a bit short of the games I like (IHOGs, AdvHogs etc) so I'm tempted but I don't think this game is really worthy of CE status. So I think I will wait until it comes out in SE - Christmas is coming and I can't justify paying double for a game that I DO like but isn't one that I can't wait a few weeks to play.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 18, 10 7:34 AM
I am so fed up with these stupid HOGs. WHY!!!!!! can't they make the crap big enough and the area you are looking in bright enough to find the damn things.I have been waiting since Roads of Rome came out for a decent game and I'm really getting tired of WAITING. Do you get it people at BF. Where are all the adventure games? There haven't been any for ages and I believe maybe even a year. Please, please get rid of ALL the HOGs and put something new and exciting out there for me to play, (I can't speak for others)

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

[Post New]by erigby on Nov 18, 10 7:38 AM
peglegann wrote:

Hey! Save a place for me, please. I'll bring a cup and blankets,too.

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Nov 18, 10 7:43 AM
I like the game,I can make this game last a long time as i take forever to look at everything.I also like C.E i like having the S.G in the game.AS long as i take my time i can find what i need.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Nov 18, 10 7:48 AM
Dark, Dreary, Murky, Tedious and Boring. IMO. First time a game downloaded in small screen for me. I don't think this is worthy of a CE so I thank BFG for saving me money this time. I may get this one as a DD but won't even buy it as an SE.

Hope that doesn't put anyone off.. Perhaps after having played 100's of games, I have become a little jaded and my expectations have increased.

Edited on 11/18/2010 at 7:49:17 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 18, 10 7:49 AM
I think BF (and most game sites) have a bit of a dilemma. It's a fact that the quality of some games is far higher than others, and obviously cost more to make .. hence it's reasonable to charge more for those quality games. Trouble is, it makes a bit of a farce of the sites 'All games $6.99' pledge.

But charge more for them BF surely must if it wants to keep we fishies game-happy, ensure the high quality of new releases on the site, and maintain the companies reputation as the "Best Games Site In The Whole of The Universe".

So, they take the good quality standard game, add some 'wallpaper', a strategy guide, and half an hours 'bonus game' and hey presto! .. we have the grandly titled 'Collectors Edition'.

I'm not convinced that all the CE's so far have actually lived up to their $19.99 price tag (now $13.99, of course) , but to be fair to BF, apart from upping the price of all games, I don't really see how else they could do it.

Personally, if I know I'm going to get hours and hours and hours of pleasure from it, I don't mind paying a bit extra for a quality game, but maybe others would rather accept an across-the-board increase for all games, including the 'special' ones?

It's swings and roundabouts I suppose.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 18, 10 7:53 AM
Rhysdux, did you open the other side of the Wardrobe?

Sorry, but I won't be buying this game as a CE because there is no advanced mode which just made the game too easy for me. At one point there where so many sparkly areas that I didn't know where to look first!
I can't comment on the hint reload time as I didn't use one. The objects were pretty easy to spot. The only mini-game that I played I had to look at the strategy guide to solve it as it can only be done in ONE way although I had routed the electricity from one side to the other in two different ways already. The way that it "should" be done wouldn't work in any other game as it leaves "open" ends.
As to length, I think that it may be short. There are 31 **** scenes but they just seemed to be popping up everywhere. I could be wrong (it has been known ) and maybe the game gets a little harder as it goes on?
As it stands a SE or DD but definitely not worth a CE.
For those of a nervous disposition: Watch out for the rat!

Go to: