Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Luxor: 5th Passage

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 22, 10 8:40 AM
The grapihcs are well done. The gameplay is shooter to create M3 or more matches. There are achievements, bonus levels, power ups and more gems than I could ever wear. There is also a difficulty setting at the beginning which is nice. There is no storyline which is fine. There is a variety of maps and just when you think you have seen them all, there is a new one.

This game is an A.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Dec 30, 10 9:08 PM
Just OK! I, as others have stated, miss the "store". What is the point of collecting coins without a store to buy power ups?

[Post New]by roatanmama on Dec 30, 10 9:20 PM
This game has a program flaw. Every time I get a color sorter, all of the marbles disappear, except for the scarab at the end of the row. I cannot see any marbles, so it's impossible to win the round! Happens everytime! When is this going to be fixed?????

[Post New]by incaqueen on Jan 1, 11 1:36 PM
I'm a big Luxor fan but my best love is the first one and the bundle pack is a terrific value. How the heck does the "eye f Horus" work?? I too think the battles are pretty boring and repetitive. Did not purchase the last one because of the Hidden Object part. Can't stand those games.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 3, 11 12:17 PM
incaqueen wrote:I'm a big Luxor fan but my best love is the first one and the bundle pack is a terrific value. How the heck does the "eye f Horus" work??

See the threads about the Eye of Horus...pretty sure this is a programming flaw. Gotta agree with you that the first Luxor was one of the best. I personally also enjoy Amun Rising. For the newer graphics I'd have to vote for Luxor 3.

Edited on 01/03/2011 at 12:19:29 PM PST

[Post New]by bunwhisper on Jan 14, 11 12:36 AM
What a disappointment. I love the Luxor games but this one seems cheap or hastily done. First the graphics--some are from older games. Lame. Second, it is not widescreen and it stretches to fill my screen--either make it widescreen or do like other games do--keep the aspect ratio and dont stretch it. The balls look sort of oblong! The game also lags on my Mac, which is more than adequate for this game (2.6 gHz with 4 GB RAM, Snow Leopard 10.6.6). The mouse starts jerking all or doesn't move--ugh!

Also, miss the store to buy power ups and shooters.

This just isnt up to the standards of the last Luxor games--Mumbo Jumbo must have farmed it out to a different developer and gave them two weeks to do it. Wont buy this one

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 12:39:00 AM PST

[Post New]by wildindian on Feb 9, 11 10:55 PM
I was pleased to see another Luxor game come out, as I've played most of the others. However, I don't care for the slow pace of the game play as experienced in Easy mode. Another note: with the very slow game play, the jewels fall very very quickly. So it's almost impossible to get the bonuses. Game doesn't seem to be very well thought out in much of the execution. If you can handle the speed issue, I guess it would be an OK game, but wouldn't give it 5 stars by any means.

Further, as I have stated on the Technical Difficulty thread, the game causes my Win 7 operating system to go into fits and blue screen upon shutdown of the game.

I'm hoping someone fixes this. Until then, I will not be playing.

[Post New]by cwfinkle on Feb 20, 11 11:16 AM
I was very disappointed in this game. I bought it sight unseen because I loved Quest for the Afterlife and I assumed this installment would be even better. It was much worse. The graphics and game plan are more similar to the 1st and 2nd games in the Luxor series. I don't really like the power-ups: they aren't as easy to control, I haven't found any pattern to them like there is in Quest and some of them are just plain useless. The "black hole" only takes in a marble or two, the spikes only takes out a few marbles and can screw up doubles set up for a pop. One of my favorite power ups, the color sorter, only works on one string of balls and has a glitch where if you continue to pop balls while the game sorts, the entire string of balls disappears and is a guaranteed loss of the level. This game was a complete disappointment. I really loved the subplot of the Quest version and I missed the store where you can increase the effectiveness of the power-ups. Ii also missed the puzzle mode - I'd love to see some really challenging puzzle. Try again Luxor, this version was a flop.

Edited on 02/20/2011 at 11:32:05 AM PST

[Post New]by frangee on Mar 15, 11 3:36 PM
I have three Luxor games - Amun Rising, 5th Passage and Luxor 3. I prefer the Luxor 3 with its puzzles and rewards. Still not sure what to do with the gems!

[Post New]by halie1 on Apr 24, 11 5:23 AM
just bought Luxor 5, having trouble quitting game.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 26, 11 3:26 PM
Hi all you fishes, Hope you've had a wonderful Easter Holiday. Lots of lovely sunshine here in the UK..... more please!
Back to the game! I'm now on my third time play (ie starting with a different name and difficulty level). I guess I'm just hooked on the beautiful graphics and game play. The music can get a bit repetative but has a definite Egyptian flavour and I've only just caught on for the need to catch all the 'falling bits' (money, gems and funny flying bonus things) but I continue to find the game hard to put down.
I bought the game last year and am still not bored with it so for me it's a keeper.
Lots of love and all good Spring wishes, Pat_ric_ia x

MHly
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by MHly on May 7, 11 1:35 PM
Its a great game!!!! You must buy it!
Thanks BFG!

Loren55
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Loren55 on Jul 29, 11 1:40 PM
I love the Luxor games—there isn't much by Mumbo Jumbo I don't like —but this one is so disappointing I don't know where to begin.

I downloaded the trial version last year and even though I have a new, fully loaded Mac which exceeds all system requirements for this game, right-clicking (which can also be done by control-clicking) would not change the colors of the balls but rather gave me a pop-up menu. I commented on this on the technical board and watched, but there were no responses to my problem, or to any others.

So here it is seven months later and I thought I'd try it again. Imagine my lack of surprise when right-clicking still does not work.

If in seven months Mumbo Jumbo could not address this small problem, I'm not buying the game. I have Luxor, Amon Rising and the first three, so I don't need this buggy game anyway.

Hope the rest of you fishies have a great day gaming!

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Aug 2, 11 5:33 PM
I have all the Luxor games. I found the first ones pretty hard and there was no option to slow it down. This one, the 5th Passage, is great. In the "easy" mode, it's just a relaxing marble popper game. Nice layouts and a few from previous games. My grandchildren always said the first Luxor games were too hard for them. They got to about mid-level and then bombed. I could never get to the last layouts on those either. This one is much better in that respect. There are a couple of "doubles" in there and, in the easy mode, they are soooo slow. Better to go back to Menu, go to Normal mode for that one layout and then go back later. Not hard to do.

All in all, this was a definite buy for me.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Oct 4, 11 11:26 AM
Question do I lose my points if I go to from easy to the next level? finished easy

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Dec 11, 11 10:59 PM
I love this game in easy mode and keep playing in my first name I'm at 89 Overseer of Kings and am at 212,000,000 and climbing. Another Luxor game I loved is Luxor: Amun Rising.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Dec 11, 11 11:02 PM
MHly wrote:Its a great game!!!! You must buy it!
Thanks BFG!

This may be sold by Big Fish but Mumbo Jumbo created it!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Luxor: 5th Passage (Spoiler Alert)

[Post New]by top_agent_pggjr on Sep 5, 12 1:41 AM
Libtard55 wrote:
MHly wrote:Its a great game!!!! You must buy it!
Thanks BFG!

This may be sold by Big Fish but **** created it!

Actually, **** did not create this game. Absolutist (creater of Bubbler Shooter) did. View all the credits if you are not convinced.

Luxor: 5th Passage

[Post New]by TAIYO1937 on Jul 10, 13 5:55 PM
I just recently bought this Luxor game, it is my third. I really like these games but this particular one has a couple glitches that are hard to deal with. First, on the second go 'round with "Bastet's Fountain" the spheres go so slow that you have to make your own game by shooting enough spheres to fill up the window then going back and making your matches. The first go 'round at this level, it worked fine, so I thought it was just a glitch with the second one. But it kept happening in the third and fourth rounds and it is frustrating. I thought about going in and trashing this one and downloading another to see if that resolves the problem, but I haven't tried that.

Another glitch is that the shooter doesn't work very well. Sometimes it hangs up and won't move until you swish it back and forth; other times it won't shoot on every try, in other words, it skips shots. At first I thought it was just my computer or my mouse, but I went back and played the first and second Luxors I have and my mouse (or shooter) works just fine.

If a new download doesn't work, I'll go in and mention these glitches in the reviews on the game's home page.

BTW, my games are for the Mac series. Anyone have any suggestions?

Go to: