Re:Post any Luxor: 5th Passage technical issues here only

[Post New]by TabithaMoon on Jun 7, 11 9:13 PM
Is there any word on a fix for this insanely slow issue on Bastet's fountain??? Also, the right click for the mouse doesn't always switch the marbles. This thread was started last year. Anyone working on it yet? Very disappointing since Luxor is a great series.

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cestqui on Jun 12, 11 4:56 PM
Am having same problems as others: In some stages, the spheres advance interminably slowly, sometimes the shooter freezes, and EVERY TIME I right-click to select the alternate sphere, I get a pop-up preferences menu. Is there a fix for this?

scarlet834
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet834 on Jul 2, 11 10:53 AM
RE: the problem with disappearing balls after sorting...

I have found a sort of work-around for this. Basically, if you close the game as you normally would, but leave the Big Fish Game Manager open, and then click on the game, again, the issue resolves itself. You can catch a sorter, and the balls will remain visible, and can be cleared.

This is not a "fix" or "patch", merely a way to get around the issue. As always, YMMV: what works for me might not work for you. Until such time as MumboJumbo (who I assume is the developer of the game, based on the opening credits) either announces a fix, or explains why this is *not* a glitch, but an integral part of game play, we are stuck with what we have.

BTW: if this *is* a part of game play, MumboJumbo really should give us more information about how to get "solve" the puzzle.

RE: slow game play, I have not seen the problem that others have reported. Perhaps you are using an older machine that cannot keep up: just a thought. One thing that might help to understand the problem is that, the shorter the distance to the Pyramid, the slower the balls move; this has always been a part of Luxor game-play. If the starting distance is already fairly short (as is the case with Bastet's Fountain), then slower movement would be expected, a priori. That, plus in past games, split tracks have always moved slower than single tracks.

RE: speed of gems. If they bounce off a wall or ceiling, they speed up. This is consistent and normal, IMHO.

RE: response from TPtB: I agree; boards such as this require (REQUIRE!!) response from The Powers that Be. If they are not monitoring these boards, then they have no reason to put them up. No, I am not a member of the Ruling Elite.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Aug 2, 11 4:02 AM
Hi I am finding that when I closedown the game it does not save my progress!! Got nearly to the end of easy only to find next time I played I had to start at level1-1. I have uninstalled 3 tomes. Any ideas please as I really love this game but don't want to be starting over all the time. Thanks in anticipation Wyebank

magmae
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by magmae on Aug 3, 11 10:35 AM
wyebank,
I can't help you with your problem, except to suggest to contact Customer Support, especially since you have uninstalled and re-installed several times. I'm sure they can help. I have not had a problem with saving a game.I can't get the eye of horus to work. Good Luck with a solution- this is a great series of games.
And WELCOME to the pond.

[Post New]by Annelise_Joy on Aug 23, 11 2:58 PM
I am SO annoyed! I am loving this game but I am also experiencing the problem with the color sorter power-up. I try to remember to avoid it but it's no fun losing your last life because the balls are invisible. I don't want to have to use work-arounds either - I paid for this game and it should work as expected.

I'm super annoyed because gamers have been complaining about this and other bugs for months and months, as far as I can see, yet there's been no response from anyone from BFG or the game developer! Hellooo? Is there anyone out there? What's the point of having a technical issues forum if the techical people don't read it and respond to the problems reported? C'mon!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Aug 23, 11 4:15 PM
Hi Annelise_Joy (and other fishies),

It appears that a few of you have been experiencing the same issues after using the "sorter" power-up. We don't want something like this to ruin your experience of playing this game, and so we'd be happy to have our techs take a closer look into what might be causing this to happen.

If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send the result over to our Tech Support team, the information contained in these reports will really help us as we look into this further.

Thank you for your patience, and if we release any updates that address this issue, we'll be sure to post something in the forums to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by dab_4952 on Aug 29, 11 10:52 PM
I bought Luxor 3 and it didn't play because of Assertion Failure! your help doesn't know what I'm refering to. it also says Dx8renderer.cpp(175):expressionwas(!failedresult) failed to create device
I would really like to continue buying your games but not if problems continue like this! I have tried totally deleating the game and reinstalling it and it still doesn't work! I'm still getting the same message!
I the tried to install this new game trial of Luxor 5th Passage and it doesn't work either! I'm really frustrated! please help!
I've even changed my firewall permissions and it still doesn't work!
I've enabled active x and java script settings and it still doesn't work!
If this can't be resolved I would like to have my account credited back to my paypal account!

[Post New]by Annelise_Joy on Aug 30, 11 12:27 PM
bfgHondo wrote:Hi Annelise_Joy (and other fishies),

It appears that a few of you have been experiencing the same issues after using the "sorter" power-up. We don't want something like this to ruin your experience of playing this game, and so we'd be happy to have our techs take a closer look into what might be causing this to happen.

If you could please run a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix</a> report and then send the result over to our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team, the information contained in these reports will really help us as we look into this further.

Thank you for your patience, and if we release any updates that address this issue, we'll be sure to post something in the forums to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Hmm, I've done all that, even done a Dr Felix report and sent it off. I have followed all the instructions and have checked the forums and help sections for answers. But all I got was the usual automated reply to tell me how to fix a bunch of other problems! Obviously no one had read my email because the solutions weren't relevant. I have sent another email asking again for some help. This is ridiculous. BFG are quite aware of this power-up problem, it's obviously not a problem with my computer or set-up, and yet nothing happens to fix it. What do we have to do to bring issues to your attention? Smoke signals? It's all very nice and friendly (and gosh, I love being referred to as a "fishy") but I'd just like some effective customer service and solutions, please.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 30, 11 7:39 PM
Welcome to the pond, Annelise_Joy

The issues you're reporting aren't just with the BF version. I have Luxor 5th Passage at another site and these same glitches occur, so it's problems with the game and as far as I know the devs haven't put out a patched version.

Kikimine
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kikimine on Sep 9, 11 3:38 PM
I'm not sure Big Fish is reading these technical problems. I also just bought Luxor 5th Passage and Level 6-3 and 9-3 (who knows how many more levels with do this) at Bastets Fountain moves at a ridiculously slow snails pace, probably slower. I did a chat with them and they told me that there has been no issues with this game. That they tested the game and it is fine. So that tells me they must not be reading these technical problems as we all seem to have the same problem. I do believe they should chuck this version and give us all our money back or else get a working replaceable version. This is the first time I have had any trouble with a game of theirs and I've purchased a lot.

Kikimine
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kikimine on Sep 9, 11 3:45 PM
Also I thought it might be my computer but I just bought a brand new, fully loaded, computer and sent them a Dr Felix report. Have not heard back yet but I bet I get a lot of suggestions that don't mean a thing as well as the other user got.

Kikimine
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kikimine on Sep 11, 11 6:22 AM
mauserC96 wrote:I too am having phantoms, especially when using the power-up that rearranges all the balls by color. Also extremely slow running during the cat fountain scene.

I, too, started having this problem, I forget which level it started, around level 9 or 10 I believe. Anyway I found a work around. Do not catch the power up that sorts the balls into the same color together. The other power ups work but not that one. It it sorts the balls into the same color then I found that say you shoot all the greens, and then the blues, and then the reds, etc then the mouse in the game just pushes nothing and even though you have no colors left to shoot at, or even it you do have a few left, say just yellow then your shooter will, say, have only blues to shoot. Also up where the balls are in line, you'll have a couple of balls then a big space with nothing in it and then you'll have some more balls, and then spaces and then more balls and so on. I also had the problems with level 6-3 and 9-3 (and one other) with the balls going slower than a snail.

These are problems that should never have been allowed out into the public. No one needed to have these problems if Mumbo Jumbo had done their job right.

I have submitted the DrFelixResults report to BFG and have not heard back from them as yet. They said that they needed to review the report. I told BFG they needed to get their money back, if they had to buy this from Mumbo Jumbo. They should give ours back as well.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Oct 2, 11 7:43 AM
I had mine freeze up solid on a shot that would have ended the segment of marbles. I just bought a new optical mouse and it's quicker than my old optical mouse. Maybe I'm too fast for the game.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Oct 2, 11 7:53 AM
When I played it before, I had no problems. Went right through the game perfectly. Now this time I played to the last level fine, then kept my name the same and started over with all my points and trophys from the other game, and on about the 4th 0r 5th level on the last marbles of a set, it froze and the music kept repeating for 2 seconds worth of music over and over again, my shooter marble just hit the last segment and froze just as it hit.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Oct 6, 11 9:52 PM
Almost at the end of the game and I got the phantom marbles - just the scarab pushing nothing. I ended up stopping the game. I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 7, 11 1:16 AM
Got my answer reading this thread - it ain't my laptop OR my pc or me. BASTET'S FOUNTAIN Stage 6-3 just stopped on my new W7 laptop. I clicked around wondering if I was supposed to do something to start. Then I could barely see the edge of a ball creeping down in extremely slow motion. I waited and finally another but took about 5 min to have something to shoot at. This new Toshiba 4 gs ram and ATT graphics hasn't seen a game yet it couldn't handle flawlessly (at least new games that are W7 64bit, all my CEs (20) graphics intensive. I gave up.

Then loaded on my old pc XP, played fast and great as on W7 until I got up to stage 6.3 the fountain and did exactly the same thing. Snails pace. I stuck with it and clocked 22 minutes on Easy, tried to rush a bit by switching color with right cllick til I found balls that would match the few that appeared at a time.

Went back to W7 laptop and same thing, but when it went on to the next 6.4 it resumed speed just like the game had been going. Same thing on XP, next levels played normally. So, like others posting it IS that founttain, something very wrong with programming and by now SHOULD BE CORRECTED. Both my machines are updated, maintained regularly so no point in doing DocFelix.

I don't know if I have a problem with powerups, in fact, I even forgot to try and catch things for first few levels. Just plaay when I feel like shooting at things, not for points or trohphies. I bought because Easy untimed mode on Luxor 5. I gave up on Zuma years ago, not that fast past level 4. Just want to relax and destress with something besides M3s and love the graphics. Didn't matter they used same pix from prior Luxor (a complaint others had) I don;t have L1 to4. I still don't know what those powerups do but will watch to not get that sorter if it's a glitch too.

PLEASE MODS, CS SOMEONE PLEASE REPORT THIS FOUNTAIN MESS TO THE DEVS FOR A PATCH. I didn't buy a game to just play stage 1 to 6 and replay over and over. Seems there was already a fountain scene earlier than stage 6 that was a bit slower but nothing like stage 6. Balls never even left the first tier before I picked then off, I'd think they should flow all the way down tiers on both sides. No, you can shoot them all on the top if you want to take a nap and return to find another drop down. Why spoil such a beautiful game that works on other levels with this one stopper. I got it a year ago but wasn't in the mood to play it til today, no mood to try again now.

Edited on 10/07/2011 at 7:35:45 PM PST

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Feb 12, 12 7:35 PM
I hit the 10,000 coin on Easy level and did not receive my trophy. I'm on 10335 coins and no trophy. Where is it? And if you tell me I can't get it on EAsy then I want my money back. I will not play on medium or hard or insanity.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Feb 17, 12 1:29 AM
Libtard55 wrote:I hit the 10,000 coin on Easy level and did not receive my trophy. I'm on 10335 coins and no trophy. Where is it? And if you tell me I can't get it on EAsy then I want my money back. I will not play on medium or hard or insanity.

Too late....I unistalled the fricking game I got the run around from **** and **** and now Big Fish. Each blaming the other for problems no one wants to tell me about. I'm tired of it. Kiss my **** BF.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Mar 20, 12 10:28 PM
On level 10 about halfway through, i had my shooter balls going over the top of all the other balls as if they weren't there. And i'm not having any video card problems as I got 2 video cards in SLI with all the latest updates yeah they are older ones gtx 9600 But they still got it! Why is it the balls are all running full and my shooter balls shoot right over the top of them? Waiting for an answer.

Go to: