What's with the ending?!

Re:What's with the ending?!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Apr 8, 11 1:37 PM
Just finished this game and really enjoyed it. Like most other fishies, I was disappointed with the ending; for I believe there is a way to provide a satisfying ending to a game and still make players eager for a sequel.

Had I known it ended the way it did, would I have purchased it anyway? Yes. I say that because there was much quality to this game and much to appreciate. However, I do agree that it is very unfair to show a bonus level on the game map of a Standard Edition game if the bonus level cannot be accessed and played in that game. If the developers feel they MUST show it in the SE, it should be labeled "Available In Collector's Edition Only". I also agree that the excessive amount of enforced running back and forth in the game was a "minus" and not a "plus".

Developers, if you can provide a more satisfying ending in your next release, remove the false hope of bonus play when there is none to be had and offer the option of shortcuts to cut back on so much running back and forth, your next game will probably rate 5 stars out of 5 ! !

Classicaljazz

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 18, 11 10:40 PM
Just finished the game and loved it - took me almost 5 hours to complete it, so I certainly got my money's worth from it. Have to say, I was thankful for the provided map.

I thought the cliffhanger ending sucked, too. I wouldn't mind it as much if there was some hint that there was going to be a sequel to the game, but I don't even see the game mentioned on the developer's website.

[Post New]by AlexPhantom on May 26, 11 7:09 AM
Yeah! I mean, if the Phantom is so smart and a genius, he would have known that she wasn't his lover, it's not like they're twins!?! And he should have known that Christine would be older, well, him 2. but still!

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on May 26, 11 7:32 AM
AlexPhantom wrote:Yeah! I mean, if the Phantom is so smart and a genius, he would have known that she wasn't his lover, it's not like they're twins!?! And he should have known that Christine would be older, well, him 2. but still!

Welcome to the Pond, Alex!
Delusional or mentally ill people don't always know who people are though. It happens all the time with Altzheimer patients getting confused about identities for instance. Being smart and in one's 'right mind' are two separate things.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on May 26, 11 7:38 AM
In fact, my mother at times did not know her own husband. That was just a toxic build-up in her body and temporary. He'd take her to the hospital and they'd fix her up but you try getting someone who thinks you're a strange man and is disortiented to go willingly. He'd have his hands full. In her case, her liver did not function properly so it wasn't filtering toxins fast enough to keep her well.

Just sayin' people aren't always completely 'there'.
Edited to move my flower.

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 7:38:44 AM PST

[Post New]by lracheson on Aug 31, 11 4:02 PM
I don't think the ending was that bad. What bothers me most is that I bought this game hoping for some of the actual PotO music. I didn't need to hear it all the time, but perhaps during the cut scenes or the main menu page.

tanawill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tanawill on Feb 7, 12 6:59 PM
It would have most likely cost an arm and a leg to get the licenses to use the music from play. With all the complaints about how much these games cost, which really isn't much, I doubt the extra cost would have gone over well.

[Post New]by mounbao on Sep 12, 12 4:14 AM
i have bought the CE version. but how come it end suddenly after i gave the final rose to the phantom???? is this the ending????

[Post New]by Dragonrings on Sep 16, 12 5:33 PM
mounbao wrote:i have bought the CE version. but how come it end suddenly after i gave the final rose to the phantom???? is this the ending????

I have the same problem. This could not be the end. At that point the game tells me to buy the Collector's edition to go further. I have the CE so I clic Already purchased and the Game confirms with a Thank you for your purchase but puts me in a loop where the only option I have is to clic Already purchased...

[Post New]by WickedlyBookish on Oct 10, 12 2:21 AM
I know I'm pretty late getting into this thread, but man that ending!

I was fairly shocked when I realized that was it, and now that Beauty & the Beast has come out... I'm wondering if they are planning on making a conclusion to PotO! If I knew there was going to be a follow up, it really wouldn't be that big of a deal, but as there is no word yet, I'm kind of upset. I'd love to play through the rest of Evelina's story!

Other than that I thought the game was gorgeous, the puzzles decently challenging and very much appreciated the map.

[Post New]by owllyvera on Jan 20, 13 6:47 AM
How do I get to the bonus part. I have tried several times and can't get there. I agree it has a bad ending and it needs more.

Go to: