Re:Tips and Tricks for Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™

[Post New]by Cherylsoccer on Nov 29, 08 12:48 AM
Hi game players. Wow I have just finished Return to Ravenhearst,what a game.
It has got to be the best game ever. I am not very fast it took me 2 days off and on to get to the end. I did have to cheat though. If anyone can do it with out cheating I take my hat off to you. There are so many different places to go to and then leave then you have to turn around and come back. I think i might play some nice easy games for a day and then have another go. It so much fun.
Good luck to all who are playing it.
Cheryl

[Post New]by genegenie on Nov 29, 08 12:51 AM
jewelste Hi I'm genegenie and I am new to the forums but have been playing Big Fish Games for a long time. The sun for the fireplace is down by the seashore near the graves. Look for a patch of vegetation on right side of screen that highlights. You need to cut vegetation with lawn shears to find the puzzle. Good luck

dreamlass
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by dreamlass on Nov 29, 08 1:10 AM
BFG thanks for all the tips and tricks have finally got it together on this game absolutely love it best ever cant wait for another will definitely keep playing this again and again and again so HOOKED even though im a seahorse now

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 29, 08 1:47 AM
brillke wrote:Just completed the game and despite my one complaint, not impressed with the graphics in the HO parts of the game, I'm otherwise thrilled at how the game turned out.

I do have a question though. At the bottom of the well, to your right, there's a pile of debris blocking something. What is in there?

I've nothing left in my inventory so whatever it is, I didn't need it I guess but I'm curious.

I give this game an A-.
The pile of debris is just a pile of debris...you won't need to do anything with it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 29, 08 1:52 AM
jewelste wrote:I cannot find the sun for the fireplace. Can anyone help me?
THANKS
The sun is in the graveyard. As you look at the gravestones, use clippers to clip the greenery on the right. Solve the puzzle and you will get the sun. When you work on the sparkly area, look at the gravestone, it will give you the clue for the symbol for the sun. Both symbols should now be logged in your notebook.
......Good Luck

rccarsx8
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rccarsx8 on Nov 29, 08 2:29 AM
H ELP PLEASE, I have been on the moon puzzle forever put all different combos in but still don't do anything. It's the puzzle above the fireplace. I have the sun and moon pieces just don't know which button to put in can someone help me?

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 29, 08 2:49 AM
rccarsx8 wrote:H ELP PLEASE, I have been on the moon puzzle forever put all different combos in but still don't do anything. It's the puzzle above the fireplace. I have the sun and moon pieces just don't know which button to put in can someone help me?
rccarsx, the sun should be clicked onto the sun in the large circle in the middle. The moon should be clicked on the moon..Then look inside your notebook for the sun and moon equations. They will show you what the symbols are. The symbol for the sun should be picked up from the side and clicked into the yin/yang symbol on the side of the sun. The moon symbol in the yin/yang circle on the same side as the moon. then pull the handle at the top. Good Luck

rccarsx8
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rccarsx8 on Nov 29, 08 3:02 AM
cesse47 wrote:
rccarsx8 wrote:H ELP PLEASE, I have been on the moon puzzle forever put all different combos in but still don't do anything. It's the puzzle above the fireplace. I have the sun and moon pieces just don't know which button to put in can someone help me?
rccarsx, the sun should be clicked onto the sun in the large circle in the middle. The moon should be clicked on the moon..Then look inside your notebook for the sun and moon equations. They will show you what the symbols are. The symbol for the sun should be picked up from the side and clicked into the yin/yang symbol on the side of the sun. The moon symbol in the yin/yang circle on the same side as the moon. then pull the handle at the top. Good Luck

rccarsx8
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rccarsx8 on Nov 29, 08 3:11 AM
rccarsx8 wrote:
cesse47 wrote:
Thanks I did all that but still can't get right symbols the casebook showed a symbol that looks like sun=(symbol with dot on top) so i put the one with the dot on the right and tried all of the ones on the left but it still didn't work. CAN U PLZ TELL ME WHICH TWO SYMBOLS THEY ARE? SORRY I GUESS I AM JUST NOT GOOD AT THIS! THANKS

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 29, 08 3:30 AM
rccarsx8 wrote:
rccarsx8 wrote:
cesse47 wrote:
Thanks I did all that but still can't get right symbols the casebook showed a symbol that looks like sun=(symbol with dot on top) so i put the one with the dot on the right and tried all of the ones on the left but it still didn't work. CAN U PLZ TELL ME WHICH TWO SYMBOLS THEY ARE? SORRY I GUESS I AM JUST NOT GOOD AT THIS! THANKS

The symbol with dot on top = sun ----- should go in the yin/yang symbol on the LEFT because that is where the sun is. the moon symbol is like a blended 7 and 6 and goes on the right yin/yang symbol ... then pull handle.

Glacius
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Glacius on Nov 29, 08 4:26 AM
I am stuck.I have some clues and I do not know what to do with them.I am at the *twins stage* to call it like this.I have a screw driver,a pot holder,some ropes etc.I tried to lower the temperature with the pot holder but it stops at 350 and it tells me it is too hot...There is a sort of puzzle with the phone connection and I really don`t know what to do with it.There aren`t any clues or hidden objects left to seek right now,just this bunch of helpful objects which I cannot find their usage for the moment.What am I supposed to do now?I went in all the places,in all the rooms...opened.Oh and near the school house of the twins there is another puzzle.Help anybody? :-s

[Post New]by JOJOMOJO1 on Nov 29, 08 4:37 AM
catathang wrote:Good morning I am having problems with getting the note off the door. Can anyone help?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 29, 08 4:39 AM
Glacius,
Look at the puzzle in the Cellar of the Schoolhouse and get the temperature that is written on the lower left corner of the door. Go back to the Toy Store and use the potholder to set the temperature to that number. Look at the pattern of the red burners on the top of the stove. Go back to the cellar and duplicate that pattern in the puzzle and press the button and the cellar doors will open.

Edited on 11/29/2008 at 4:40:58 AM PST

Glacius
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Glacius on Nov 29, 08 4:46 AM
thank u so much LizzieK

maglad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maglad on Nov 29, 08 5:13 AM
farside64 wrote:I can't get the key from the cat and I'm very annoyed at this point, this game is raising my blood pressure, lol. Myrt.

Collect cheese, give to mouse,catch mouse and giverto cat - voila!

aucor
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by aucor on Nov 29, 08 5:52 AM
dunlookin wrote:Hi Guys and gals I am new to this but I can't get through the cliff section any hints, it has me totally stuffed got through the garden gate ok but am stuck on the graves
cheers Dun

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 29, 08 5:53 AM
Use the Garden Shears to cut the vines on the right to reveal a puzzle.

[Post New]by MississippiNana on Nov 29, 08 6:28 AM
Is anyone else having this problem, I am not getting a magnifing glass when I click on the man statue in the garden, so I cannot open it up.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 29, 08 6:48 AM
MississippiNana wrote:Is anyone else having this problem, I am not getting a magnifing glass when I click on the man statue in the garden, so I cannot open it up.

Hi Mississippinana- Welcome to the forums!

Come back to him later. When you see the sparkles there, a new set of hidden objects has been loaded.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 29, 08 6:53 AM
Is anyone having any trouble playing this game who has Vista and is using I.E.? Twice, Explorer quit on me and part of the game was lost, which I had to do over. This is a super HO and I love it and so does my husband! I tried playing it on Firefox but I can't open game manager from there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and need to contact live support. Which would be Monday.
So far, I'm managed to figure out the puzzles with a little help from my hubby.
Also, someone mentioned before about the pointer going wild and moving across the room.....this may have been talked about before but I think it's suppose to do that when you click too much too fast. I hear a sound when it moves in circles away from the area I'm in.
Despite my Vista, I.E. problem, I'm loving the game!

Ladygem

Go to: