Peachy1969
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Time to Hurry: Nicole's Story

[Post New]by Peachy1969 on Nov 27, 10 7:55 PM
What a shame!! I am an avid TM games player so had a go at this one, only to find it is indeed a HOG and a dull one at that. Was very hard to get expert on all of the levels and actually gave up once or twice as it didn't really hold my attention for very long. Sadly we also used different language here for some items ie dipper is a saucepan in the UK.
Wouldn' waste money buying this one.
Please hurry with some more TM games please, am getting withdrawal now!

anikoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by anikoy on Dec 3, 10 3:34 AM
Hey Fishies!
Does anybody complete all levels with expert time and service?

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Dec 5, 10 7:05 PM
littleoracle wrote:First, this is NOT a time management game. I'd say that this is 95% HOG and I really wish that BF wouldn't advertise HOGs as TM sometimes.

Exactly what I was coming here to say. This game needs to be re-categorized.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 8, 10 11:10 AM
I think this game is both a TM and HOG, as you have a timer and have to find items.
That said here's the review.

The graphics are okay. The gameplay is finding items for customers within the time limit. If you go over you miss a bonus, not lose the round. There is a section where you can purchase advancements in your character's personal, career, fitness, and outlook. There is a variety of different shops that you are "saving" and the story develops in both the advancements and the different shops.

This game has an older feel to it, as if it was made about 5-10 years ago. Enjoyable, but lacking something.

This game is a B-.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 12, 10 9:18 AM
Oh gee whiz, THIS IS NOT A TM GAME, IT IS A HOG!! with a timer on it. Just because they put a time on it, does not make it a TM game. Someone went to sleep at the wheel. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Dec 15, 10 8:51 PM
This game really had potential but there are some key flaws that just ruin the experience. The game plays like Gardenscapes, where people are requesting objects and you must hurry and find them. You have several customers at once. The game starts with a garden store. The problem is that scene after scene is still the same garden store, with the same items, usually in the same places. It gets boring. If there was variety in the items or variety in the scenes, I think I would have actually have enjoyed this game.

It also tries to add some unique things to the game such as cleaning up your room - which consists on clicking on everything that doesn't belong - the trouble with this is there are only a couple of items that are rightfully there so you pretty much click everything except the table and sofa and voila, you're done!

Another factor of the game is that you get to develop your character - the trouble with this it's a one click fix. You click to purchase a stopwatch and I think the other was a pair of sneakers, and suddenly your character has fitness. What does fitness do for you in the game? Nothing that I can tell but I guess it sounds nice.

Back to the drawing board on this one, developers!

anikoy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by anikoy on Dec 15, 10 9:55 PM
Lisa522 wrote:

Lisa, thank you for your opinion. we'll try to make our next game much better.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Dec 30, 10 8:23 PM
this game reminded me so much of ginger and go-go gourmet that i got hooked instantly!

just like ginger complaining that stuff keeps getting moved around in her kitchen - things keep moving around in the various stores that nicole works in... from gardening to antiques to sports and housewares, there are TONS of items that customers want, want, want... and pleasing them gets you ahead in every way!

as nicole progresses, there are skillsets that need to be built up, as in lifequest - she needs to work on her career as much as her personal stuff, open her mind as much as staying physically fit...

and the bonuses are terrific and only get better as you move through the game... from a basic hint to adding hearts to ALL your customers, every level is a possibility waiting to happen - expert is in everyone's grasp, especially since you can go and replay levels with all the cool stuff you've gained...

in all, i think it's a very well-rounded game with elements of different genres blended oh-so-close to perfection... just think of it as "fun pureed"

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Dec 30, 10 8:31 PM
ButMadNNW wrote:
littleoracle wrote:First, this is NOT a time management game. I'd say that this is 95% HOG and I really wish that BF wouldn't advertise HOGs as TM sometimes.

Exactly what I was coming here to say. This game needs to be re-categorized.

and if it got stuck in HOGs, then they would be upset that someone put a game in their box that doesn't belong...

personally, i really enjoy games that use elements of different genres because they are 'unique' and offer more than just another TM/HOG

@Lisa522 - physical fitness is important, it improves both constitution and stamina... when you're on your feet all day catering to the whims of oh-too-many greedy customers, you need to be quick on your feet and be able to go the distance... not to mention needing overall balance for a full and fulfilled life...

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 25, 11 9:21 PM
Lisa522 wrote: What does fitness do for you in the game? Nothing that I can tell but I guess it sounds nice.
As the game explains, it allows you to have more bonuses.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 25, 11 9:29 PM
laeddie wrote:It was a HOG and extremely fast (too fast) for me. If it was untimed I might have lasted but I couldn't find the items fast enough. For those who are younger or more able to react quickly this is probably a great game for HOG enthusiasts.
I am the very opposite of a HOG enthusiast. And I'm neither younger, fast at finding everything, nor all that quick on reactions.

But I am good at memorizing items and their locations, it seems.

So the way I'm playing it is that on each level I go thru finding out what the objects are (see my "Glass handle and long-handled coffeepot" thread here for a couple of extreme examples) and where they are. The find-it bonuses are good for that. I don't worry about breaking hearts right and left during this process.

I keep retrying the level--the objects don't move around within a level--until I get good enough to get both medals. Sometimes when I'm almost good enough I use heart bonuses on what I hope is my last pass. Then I go on to the next level.

So far I'm well into the third shop and enjoying this game a lot.

Go to: