PJ54
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Underground Cavern – Telescope

[Post New]by PJ54 on Aug 28, 10 11:20 PM
BinLA wrote:When you're in the basement of the toy store, they'll be a flash on the left side of the screen. Place your cursor in that area and click.

There will be several other places throughout the game where you'll see a flash, so make sure to investigate when you see them.

Please forgive me, but I have only posted one other time, so I am really not sure of what I'm doing. I am having trouble coming up with the answer to the "buoy" math puzzle. I see the numbers on the buoy, but I can't figure out how to come up with the "spade number". I have all the other numbers I for the elevator except for the spade. Can you help me? It's driving me bonkers.
God Bless!

PJ54

[Post New]by Eostara on Sep 3, 10 8:58 AM
vjones wrote:What am I missing? I got the coin from the wacking game, but it in and try to look through the scope and can not see anything. Am I missing a step?

ugh! WHAT whacking game? this game is damn frustrating!!!

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Sep 28, 10 7:32 PM
I did,nt have to do the Troll Game! I still finished tho,,,Lucky me!!

[Post New]by linda19666198 on Oct 8, 10 6:57 PM
How do i get to the toy store

[Post New]by hoppa1948 on Jan 16, 11 2:56 PM
Hi, new to this, and thanks everyone for all your tips. I cannot hit the trolls fast enough and no teenager around to help can I continue with this game without doing the puzzle and therefore unable to see through the telescope? help please someone. I am through the third door but seem to be stuck as if some inventory is missing thanks

[Post New]by hoppa1948 on Jan 16, 11 2:57 PM
greeneyes488 wrote:I did,nt have to do the Troll Game! I still finished tho,,,Lucky me!!

How did you manage that please!

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jan 17, 11 5:22 PM
Hey, hoppa!! Welcome to the pond!

Completing the Troll game gives you a coin, which you can take to the pay-telescope in the underground cavern.

By focusing the lens on the telescope, you can see a bouy that has a math puzzle on it, just like the others that you may have seen throughout the game. I believe this one is solved for the Spade and the answer is 005.

That's really all the troll game does, so you can move on without missing anything.

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by Sparkley2 on Apr 30, 11 11:08 PM
Does anyone know where the numbers go to? like 34 17 14 9 8

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on May 1, 11 12:50 PM
Hey there, Sparkley!

You'll encounter four math puzzles throughout the game. In each one, a number is replaced by a card suit. When you solve for that number, just remember that it represents the card suit in the puzzle. (These puzzles will be written down in your journal once you stumble across them, so there's no need to revisit them later.)

But to actually answer your question: You won't need these solutions until near the end of the game.

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by Lindy818 on Aug 2, 11 3:56 PM
LizzieK wrote:
msiedel wrote:Put the coin in and couldn't see anything. Read the other posts and went back but can't get it to do anything now. Do I need to find another coin somewhere? or how do I get it to work now to be able to read the message?

Thank you for your help
The game will only give you one coin each time through. Go to the underground telescope and click on it to get the close up on the lense. Then focus the lense by clicking and dragging the focus slides. You should focus in on the numbers on the buoy. Good luck!

but where are the focus slides? I put my coin in and nothing happened and now I can't get it to rise up again nor can I get anything on the sides to work, as suggestes earlier...please help!

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Aug 2, 11 8:40 PM
Welcome to the pond, Lindy!

The focus slides are the gold knobs on the frame of the eye piece of the telescope.

Good luck!

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 10, 12 5:14 AM
First, play the HOG in the toystore so that you get a hammer so you can remove four nails and you need to get the 4 marbles from the HOG in the gereral store, the Lucky 15 cash register, another HOG in the beauty shop and then the last one is in Rose Sommerset's coffin (check inside the coffin after she leaves).

[Post New]by reizheil on Apr 15, 12 8:16 PM
hi.. im new here .. can anyone pls help me on what to do... im stuck at the telescope and i saw the numbers on it.. what will i do? also, im stuck in schoolhouse and toy store.. no more treasure to find.. what will i do.. pls..pls..pls.. help..

Go to: