Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Ham1et on Nov 24, 10 12:14 PM
Am stuck trying open the trap door. I've entered the goblet hutch but the game won't give me the objective to find the missing goblets. Help!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 24, 10 12:43 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that we are aware of the issue with the trap door and are currently looking into it. If there is an update, we will post in the Game Forum as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

-bfgArnoStyx

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Nov 24, 10 1:05 PM
Waited a long long time for new MCF. Downloading trial now and hope its as good as the others. Very contradictory comments from other fishies so I'll make up my mind after trial.Gotta go as install finishing and I cant wait to get started. Let you know my thoughts later.

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 24, 10 1:28 PM
togood2be wrote:Whew, it worked..finally. Now to block out the sun, put on a pot of coffee and send hubby to the movies lol

THAT is funny! Thanks.

mermaidjwl
Manatee
Manatee
4,265 Posts

[Post New]by mermaidjwl on Nov 24, 10 1:32 PM
I have the parrot, but when I go past the cemetary doors, it flies away! How do you keep it from flying away and getting it to the snake in the swamp?

skoolmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by skoolmom on Nov 24, 10 1:37 PM
@mermaidjwl - Use the honey to attract the bees on the balcony and take the hanging cage using the screwdriver. Put the parrot into the cage and transport him to the swamp.

@BFG: Any idea how to get past the trap door if one hasn't been issued the goblets as an objective? Totally stuck!

lilbit___
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lilbit___ on Nov 24, 10 1:45 PM
I too bought w/out demoing. MCF are the Only games I will do this with because they never dissapoint. I am hoping I do not have any problems d/l as some other fishies have. Im off to play. Happy Gaming everyone! I am soo excited

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Nov 24, 10 1:45 PM
Things like this are the reason my DH says never to buy a new car in the first model year. I am so sorry that so many of you are having difficulty with a game that you all waited so long for.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Nov 24, 10 3:15 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in to let you know that we are aware of the issue with the trap door and are currently looking into it. If there is an update, we will post in the Game Forum as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

-bfgArnoStyx

Thanks for the update. Since I had to work today, I let my teens play the game first, and since they're now feeling the frustration of the game stalling out at the trap door, I'm not so ticked at myself for letting them have first crack at the game. :-p

GretchenMH
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by GretchenMH on Nov 24, 10 6:55 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi Fishies,

-bfgArnoStyx

whew! Thanks bigfish! I played the game through twice to that point, and it was driving me crazy. Thought I was halucinating due to the cold!

GretchenMH
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by GretchenMH on Nov 24, 10 6:57 PM
Oh, and note to bigfish: My mom looked at the intro to the game. She lived in Louisiana for quite a while, and the first words out of her mouth were "Yep, that looks like Louisiana." You passed the "mom test" with flying colors!

GretchenMH
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by GretchenMH on Nov 24, 10 7:33 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the chainsaw? I've been clicking for about 3-4 minutes, and nothing has changed...

[Post New]by ladyhawke112 on Nov 24, 10 10:57 PM
In Windows 7, the crayons are removed from inventory. This happens before the problems you are touting. Will you please address this?

You are about to get terribly negative reviews throughout the internet,

[Post New]by ladyhawke112 on Nov 24, 10 11:08 PM
Is anyone from BFG reading these messages? I want to know what to do. Even if it is to wait until they get it right - I want a credible answer.

Edited on 11/24/2010 at 11:09:31 PM PST

[Post New]by jenawren57 on Nov 24, 10 11:36 PM
where is the key to open the basement of the bar?

HJMUM
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by HJMUM on Nov 25, 10 2:14 AM
Am also having hutch and goblet problem. Nearly started over, glad i read these posts first!

Tootlestwo
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Tootlestwo on Nov 25, 10 2:37 AM
I am trying to find the mushrooms for the voodoo lady and it told me to look by the shack in the swamp by the inflatable boat but I will be dipped in doody if I can find the shack! Any help pleeze!

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Nov 25, 10 3:23 AM
Well I haven't bought the 13th Skull yet, but I played the trial and I must say it was better than what I had expected from the trailer. No more videos! I thought, I hated that bit in Dire Grove. It looked fake compared to the drawn scenes and I felt cheated that they travelled to South America on my expense, and then I had to watch it in the extras! I was so disappointed I thought that I will have to stop buying MCF series!

However, after seeing the screengrabs yesterday, I decided to at least try the 13th Skull. And I quite liked it! The music was great, people looked allright and puzzles were good. Story looks very interesting indeed. The only thing is that there are too many HOG scenes. Hopefully one day we'll see more games like ND Dossiers - HOGs with a twist.

Overall, It's a must-buy, once I have earned some money. Definitely CE, especially after they got cheaper for the members!

--------
EDIT: Oops, I accidentally posted it to the wrong thread! Sorry!

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 3:25:59 AM PST

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Nov 25, 10 5:16 AM
Just played the demo. I appear to be not a big of a fan as the other reviewers. I was hoping they would get back to some of the play they had in Madame Fate, such as a room within a room and having to find a couple of pieces for one item (such as teeth for dentures, boxers for the boxing ring...etc.) Those were great! Also, I really enjoyed the art work in the first three MCF games, it was outstanding, I would like to see them incorporate that into future games.

Otherwise, the play was very good but I'll wait for the standard edition. I really can't find anything worthwhile to pay for a CE. (This or any other CE)

MCF is the best and I hope future games will use some of their old tried and true gameplay.

ras7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ras7777 on Nov 25, 10 5:33 AM
I had no tech problems with this game. I have played for a little over an hour and this is my take on the game. In DG and RTR I really enjoyed the fact that you basically had a pretty free rein to explore your game environment and find things and figure out where to use them. This game seems to be very structured. Talk to someone to get an objective run around and find things around the house for the objective. talk to someone to get an objective run around and find things around the house for the objective,etc. One of the objectives was to find all of the cleaning ladies supplies scattered around the house. Hardly appropriate for an experienced MCF detective!! I miss the freedom of exploring the game environment. I feel like I am being shoved down a cattle shoot with this game. As far as the hint button, it is more of the "tell you exactly where to go and what to do button" NOT a hint. The graphics are great, beautiful environment. Conversations with the people may have been more interesting if you could choose which questions to ask, rather than just pushing the next button that pops up. I feel that this will still be a great game, worth the money, but disappointing to me because of the restrictive nature of the game.

Go to: