MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 26, 10 12:40 PM
joaopedro68 wrote:Hi!!! I need help...im stuck in the part where i have to find the glasses...because in game appears "find a way to open the trap door" and dont let me grab the glasses...can you help me with my problem?

Hi joaopedro68

That was a glitch in the game that can be fixed by downloading the latest version of the game in the game manager. Uninstall your current version and redownload. You should not lose your progress.

MargieB

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by judyfsmith on Nov 26, 10 12:45 PM
help! the password for the computer behind boy and dog does not open the computer what have i missed or what am i doing wrong?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 26, 10 12:49 PM
judyfsmith wrote:help! the password for the computer behind boy and dog does not open the computer what have i missed or what am i doing wrong?

The font can be hard to read sometimes in the game so it may be a case that you are reading the numbers incorrectly. The number 1 can sometimes look like a number 7 and letter O can sometimes look like a zero.

Try different combinations to see if it helps

MargieB

merry12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Cannon on ship to blow up crows nest and flint

[Post New]by merry12 on Nov 26, 10 1:31 PM
I loaded the cannon and aimed it but I cannot get the flint to light up the fuse, sometimes it says my cannon is empty, but when i click back to the cannon balls it says I cannot load two in. driving me batty! Please help! Merry

nobigshot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nobigshot on Nov 26, 10 2:23 PM
Ack! It keeps telling me to unscrew the 4 screws on the piano and it won't let me do it when I try... Any ideas?

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Nov 26, 10 3:54 PM
Thank you so much for the walkthrough Margie B. You are the best!!

[Post New]by pfitchick on Nov 26, 10 6:53 PM
I know there are several options to coffin puzzle - but I am truly stuck: I have outlined/clicked

1812 - per mossoleum pic died
1808 - rebuilt (pic w/mouse)
1806 - fire blaze per newspaper
1728 - birth 10/5/1728

Pull lever nothing happens!!! Is something wrong or am I doing something wrong?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 26, 10 6:59 PM
Are you sure about that birth year? I thought they all were in the 1730-1740 range.

dbeano
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by dbeano on Nov 26, 10 7:56 PM
cannot find hammer to fix stool. there is one in shed but cant pickup

[Post New]by gumballs on Nov 26, 10 8:18 PM
I am stuck on the part where Iam trying to listen to the conversation at the door and nothing happens

Robwood
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by Robwood on Nov 26, 10 8:26 PM
It's a great walkthrough. However, I have the same problem with it as I do with the official one integrated with the game: no step-by-step instructions on how to complete the picture puzzles. I can figure out the girl and the pirate with all the skulls, but for the life of me I can't figure out the puzzle box in Magnolia's room. I posted a remark if you care to view it:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/128638.page#2525839

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Nov 26, 10 9:21 PM
i just wanted to say thanks for the walkthrough.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Nov 26, 10 9:25 PM
pfitchick wrote:I know there are several options to coffin puzzle - but I am truly stuck: I have outlined/clicked

1812 - per mossoleum pic died
1808 - rebuilt (pic w/mouse)
1806 - fire blaze per newspaper
1728 - birth 10/5/1728

Pull lever nothing happens!!! Is something wrong or am I doing something wrong?

the birth year is that of the original owner. his name and birthdate appear on the fax sent to the detective by the librarian/barfly.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Nov 26, 10 11:52 PM
Jardno wrote:I too am stuck on the cellar door to the tavern. Need a key. Thanks

If I remember correctly, the lady bartender gives you a key to the cellar so you can get something to unplug/unstop (fix) the toilet at the bar.

[Post New]by jpzooms on Nov 27, 10 3:26 AM
I'm stuck at the shack in the swamp. My chainsaw won't cut down the tree. Any tips?

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Nov 27, 10 4:38 AM
jpzooms wrote:I'm stuck at the shack in the swamp. My chainsaw won't cut down the tree. Any tips?

Put the chainsaw on the tree and then you have to hold your mouse button down.

[Post New]by audre713 on Nov 27, 10 5:27 AM
angelfishp wrote:
jpzooms wrote:I'm stuck at the shack in the swamp. My chainsaw won't cut down the tree. Any tips?

Put the chainsaw on the tree and then you have to hold your mouse button down.

I have done this over and over and the tree always goes back to a full tree. Now what should I do?? Please help! Thank you.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 27, 10 5:53 AM
Robwood wrote:It's a great walkthrough. However, I have the same problem with it as I do with the official one integrated with the game: no step-by-step instructions on how to complete the picture puzzles. I can figure out the girl and the pirate with all the skulls, but for the life of me I can't figure out the puzzle box in Magnolia's room. I posted a remark if you care to view it:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/128638.page#2525839

Hi Robwood,

The solutions to the majority of the puzzles are random due to the beginning configurations of the puzzles. That is why neither the strategy guide nor the walkthrough can give you step-by-step solutions for certain puzzles.

In cases in which the puzzles were the same for everyone step-by-step instructions were given.

I have updated the walkthrough with several puzzle solutions and the list of the 20 crown insignias but I can't get it to update on the blog for some reason so I asked the editor for help.

In the meantime, I do have video random solution for the jewelry box puzzle. Which you can view on the BigFishGamesTips Official Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5LkrxjZeU

Hope that helps clarify the matter.

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 27, 10 6:02 AM
angelfishp wrote:Thank you so much for the walkthrough Margie B. You are the best!!

bluecat434 wrote:i just wanted to say thanks for the walkthrough.

You are welcome angelsfishp and bluecat434 I'm glad to hear that you found the walkthrough useful

MargieB

[Post New]by colemansheep on Nov 27, 10 7:45 AM
Wow - huge job well done! Thank You! One note - my ship's name was Vanessa. I can give you the solution for that name if you'd like.
Becky

Go to: