Re:Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ - What did you think?

[Post New]by Lara604 on Nov 26, 08 12:04 PM
NEVER FEAR MAC USERS! From what I hear, they will come out with that version in due time.

[Post New]by Crijon on Nov 26, 08 12:13 PM
gamineannie wrote:This is a truly wonderful game! I've been playing for a couple of hours - off and on.
I am, however, totally stuck at the skeleton door to the graveyard. I have adjusted the little guys legs and arms to match the etching at least five times, but the door WILL NOT open. According to the strategy guide it SHOULD open. Now there is nothing else to find with the contents of my inventory - can't open the kitchen's knobless cabinet doors, can't move the well's crank, can't move forward to the next adventure........
Anybody have any ideas?

The key to this puzzle is making sure that the arm on the left and the left leg intersect. Good luck and glad you're enjoying it!

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Nov 26, 08 12:59 PM
Wow Big Fish you have really outdone yourself with this game! I love everything about it! The sounds and graphics are wonderful! This why I am proud to be part of this pond! I have been amazed by several of the games. :-) Now I need to get back to the game ;-)

[Post New]by sld1812 on Nov 26, 08 1:02 PM
I think that it's unnecessarily complicated and that there's not enough 'hidden object' to the game. The phone line is driving me nuts and the strateg guide is not helpful - grrr!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 26, 08 1:04 PM
Thank you BFG for the "no time limit"! You really do respond to the heartfelt pleas of your loyal "Pond Dwellers". This is wonderful! It would probably not be the best choice for someone who has not played several of the more involved HO games like "Mystery of the Crystal Portal" or at least one of the "Mortimer Beckett" games. For those of us who happily beat our heads against the brick walls of HO/puzzle games, this is perfect! The fact that you have made it more complex with needing to gather items in several places to use in other spots adds to the playing time and, undoubtedly, replay value. (I cannot imagine anyone memorizing every move in this game to make it boring a second time around!) I also deeply appreciate the option of skipping some of the puzzles. Thank you, thank you!! Your graphics, music, and spoken dialogue are amazing! (This has to be one of the best computer games this year!)

wildtk
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by wildtk on Nov 26, 08 1:07 PM
I love this game I am have fun finding stuff but Im haveing touble finding all of
the eye balls I found one at the garden and the other under the floor by the
window by useing a crowbar do anybody knows were rest of them is?I need
to buy the game now so I can finsh playing it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 26, 08 1:15 PM
lauder wrote:I think it is going to be a very interesting game a lot harder than the first one. right now i can't even figue out how to get past the gate to get into the yard, but thats ok cause it will be a nice long game for me. lol lol lol

this thread will help you:

http://mcfforums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/12788.page

Welcome to the forums!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 26, 08 1:50 PM
Excellent! This looks like an award winner to me. The graphics, sound, atmosphere - everything, are very well designed. The puzzles are just "Evil"! I have been playing about three hours and am loving this. With no timer, I have taken a lot of time to explore and revisit areas and just enjoy.

I also purchased the strategy guide because I had a lot of trouble with the puzzles in the first game. It is helpful but not too much so, I still have to do some work to figure these out.

I found the HOs easier to find, somehow, than in previous games, I have played many since "Madam Fate" so maybe I am learning something.

Kudos to all involved in the creation of this game, may BF have a very successful run with this! Many Thanks to all involved!!

cbnron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cbnron on Nov 26, 08 2:27 PM
this game is so GREAT that all others pale in comparison. too bad about that - i will just play this one over and over as i have madam fate until bfg comes out with another to equal it...........or even better. Thanks for this game - it will keep me busy for awhile as i like to go slowly thru a game to enjoy the whole thing.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Nov 26, 08 3:07 PM
I love this game! It does have the Adventure gameplay in it too. That's all I use to play on the computer before I discovered HO games. I, too, went and bought the strategy guide. I use those when I really am stumped. I hope this game will keep me busy for the longest time. Thank you BF for giving us another great game! Now, I have a question.....Do you think there will be more MCF games to come out?

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 3:07:43 PM PST

Jandin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Jandin on Nov 26, 08 3:12 PM
I have been waiting for this game, saving my credit and am really glad I did. I love it, the mixture of HO and puzzles. The comedy/sarcastic comments. The whole thing. What will you do next to beat this!

Great stuff BFG. Top Banana.

I live near Blackpool - so I find that bit hilarious!

Jandin X

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Nov 26, 08 3:16 PM
I think it lives up to all the anticipation...am enjoying it, have even gotten my kids into it, although my 12 yr old thinks parts of it are reeeaaally creepy and scary...she has actually jumped a few times...for that matter - I thought parts of it were creepy...lol...I have had a few problems with some of the puzzles - but, really got a charge when I got it - so, yeah...loving this game...

Thanks Big Fish -- it's a really great game...

forgot to mention - I really liked the comments made whenever I would use the wrong item - I thought some of them were really snarky and funny...

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 3:19:40 PM PST

k8edidnt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by k8edidnt on Nov 26, 08 3:26 PM
I have used these forums hundreds of times and am still amazed at how unbelievably stupid I am. I've run a lot of companies and solved a lot of problems but do not get some of these games. I have played every HO game on BFG. If someone could explain the logic of a puzzle with numbers flashing, plus and minus signs in the middle of the rows which do are not between the flashing numbers, an arrow pointing to a particular color but when you put the number in the square nothing happens in the coordinating colored square. Someone played this game in four hours? Someone just entered this puzzle and said no problem. Just flip the white switch, do the math and voila ! I find that hard to believe. I guess I'm just a middle-aged idiot.

ecko
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ecko on Nov 26, 08 3:34 PM
We're not even going to bother with the demo -- just out right bought it! MCF is the best in hidden object games, with Hidden Expeditions a close second.

Will sure beat napping after a big dinner tomorrow -- will be solving the mystery of Ravenhurst.

Enjoy all & have a safe and happy holiday!

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Nov 26, 08 3:46 PM
All though I am completely at a dead stop with the clues and all, I love this game. I knew BFG would come to our aid and give us another great game. PLEASE keep up the good work.

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Nov 26, 08 4:10 PM
Am absolutely loving it, but time for bed now (well past it really).

Well worth the wait.

Edited on 11/26/2008 at 4:11:39 PM PST

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Nov 26, 08 4:17 PM
This was one awesome game! Loved the telephone numbers and hearing the voices. (By the way, is that voice from the "Big Fish Games Liverpool" giving us a hint about an upcoming MCF???) Loved the sarcastic humor, hated that bird puzzle with the glowing eyes. Overall better than expected and I hope it continues on to the next installment!!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Nov 26, 08 4:19 PM
Have done most of the demo and gotten stuck with most others on the @#$@% skeleton lock and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! This is an exceptionally good game for those of us who like a variety of HO, puzzle, and adventure but not the too-short time limits. Am going to buy right now (with next month's credit ). Lots of happy little fishies circling the big fishy's pond today
(thumbs and big toes - I know, seahorses don't have either so I'm borrowing some from the catfish )

[Post New]by workerbee12345 on Nov 26, 08 4:27 PM
I'm not that happy with it. I don't like looking for items where there are bugs and other gross things. The other MCF games had lots of hidden objects and a few puzzles, this game is mostly puzzles and a few hidden objects. The MCF games have gotten darker and grosser with each game. I shudder to think what the next one will be. For me it was a waste of disk space and money. And I was so looking forward to it!!

[Post New]by krabbykat on Nov 26, 08 4:29 PM
I am also experiencing technical difficulties as some of the other people have. The demo worked perfectly and I was soooo excited to play on...but once I purchased the game and activated it, something went wrong. My name appears below the line in the box, the list of items to find is missing - the various scenes are there but I don't know what to look for.

I deleted that copy and am in the process of re-downloading it all over again - this takes so long - and will see if that cures the problem. I sure hope so...I was so excited over this game!!

Go to: