Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kasas1 on Nov 25, 10 8:56 AM
Finished the game, after installing the update no further glitches just some real difficult areas, now in bonus feature. Got the ships name...vanessa but will not load in the door, figured out the order name spells right and the lock looks like it opens but nothing happens, is this another glitch or just me?

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by robinbucy on Nov 25, 10 9:23 AM
I am having problems with the coffin puzzle. The date of birth isn't on the board, and skip button won't highlight so that I can get past it. I used the hints first, so neither button is highlighted now. I've tried all of the dates from the 1700's, but none are working. I am several hours into the game and I don't want to start over at this point. Is this a technical issue, or am I just being dense?

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Nov 25, 10 9:28 AM
If it's just the D.O.B that is the problem, go back to the fax in the office. It will give you that date at the bottom. The numbers are random so you have to use your journal, the grave entrance and the fax.

Good luck!

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Nov 25, 10 9:29 AM
robinbucy wrote:I am having problems with the coffin puzzle. The date of birth isn't on the board, and skip button won't highlight so that I can get past it. I used the hints first, so neither button is highlighted now. I've tried all of the dates from the 1700's, but none are working. I am several hours into the game and I don't want to start over at this point. Is this a technical issue, or am I just being dense?

Answered my own question. Forgot to pull the lever.

[Post New]by AuntieJulie on Nov 25, 10 9:41 AM
yada wrote:I AM ENAMORED OF THIS GAME, BUTTTTT, EVERY TIME I QUIT UPON RETURN I HAVE TO START ALL OVER. IT IS NOT REGISTRING MY GAME NAME AND SAVING MY PROGRESS. WHAT TO DO?

Same problem for me - I spent around 4 1/2 hrs on this game yesterday, just gone back to it now to find that it hasn't saved my profile.

Message reads - "Invalid Profile Detected - The profile for (Master Detective) contains invalid data and could not be processed. This profile will not be loaded."

I've restarted the game using a different profile name, same problem. Have now tried 6 times. I'd got as far as getting the parrot yesterday, so I've lost quite a lot.

Am using my laptop with Windows Vista. I may try uninstalling and re-installing but as I use a dongle on my laptop it's gonna use up a lot of my download limit and will take forever. I suppose I ought to think myself lucky that it did install in the first place......

dippy1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by dippy1 on Nov 25, 10 9:53 AM
what am i doing wrong i tallked to mrs larson and when i try to go any place it keeps saying i need to talk to her anjd i did helpppppppppp

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 25, 10 9:58 AM
to any still having tech problems i would email cs....there still seem to be widespread repeated glitches and maybe if you email cs they can get tech on it. inventory, save, install, dl.....they need a revamp

[Post New]by almaguer73104 on Nov 25, 10 10:08 AM
HELP!!! i have downloaded the newer version, however after i am done playing the game and quit for a few, when i go to restart it to start playing it tells me that the profile is invalid and makes me start all over!!! someone please HELP!!

[Post New]by eelall on Nov 25, 10 10:14 AM
AuntieJulie wrote:
yada wrote:I AM ENAMORED OF THIS GAME, BUTTTTT, EVERY TIME I QUIT UPON RETURN I HAVE TO START ALL OVER. IT IS NOT REGISTRING MY GAME NAME AND SAVING MY PROGRESS. WHAT TO DO?

Same problem for me - I spent around 4 1/2 hrs on this game yesterday, just gone back to it now to find that it hasn't saved my profile.

Message reads - "Invalid Profile Detected - The profile for (Master Detective) contains invalid data and could not be processed. This profile will not be loaded."

I've restarted the game using a different profile name, same problem. Have now tried 6 times. I'd got as far as getting the parrot yesterday, so I've lost quite a lot.

Am using my laptop with Windows Vista. I may try uninstalling and re-installing but as I use a dongle on my laptop it's gonna use up a lot of my download limit and will take forever. I suppose I ought to think myself lucky that it did install in the first place......

Don't bother with uninstall/reinstall. I did this and I still have the same problem you have. I too have tried many dfiiferent profiles - all do the same....

I will wait for a fix / solution before trying again

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Nov 25, 10 10:15 AM
I am trying the new download in hopes that it will solve the hutch "glitch" and I am also having troubles with sound. Apparently, the game has decided I have no sound drivers on my PC. How do I fix this? Kind of disgusted that I have paid the additional for a CE and it still has issues. Next time it might make more sense and more cents to wait and have bugs fixed. Poor job Big Fish.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 25, 10 10:35 AM
Hello Fishies, I played the demo and bought the CE. It did not work. I removed the game via game manager. Now I dl the CE the third time. At about 59 Percent it always crashes my pc. Oh boy, I reallllly would like to play this game. But I am not able to play. Happy gaming?? It takes about two hours ore more to dl this game. I have a new pc so there should be enough RAM.

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 10:37:33 AM PST

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Nov 25, 10 10:47 AM
I still can't download this game, why why why????????????
Am I doing something wrong or does it not like cold windy Cumbria :-((((((
So so dissapionted.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Nov 25, 10 10:58 AM
its not you podette...still a lot of glitches being reported

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Nov 25, 10 11:05 AM
I'm not sure about it just being a problem with this game in particular. As of late, many of the links in BFG are suddenly not loading for me. Any suggestions from anyone?

[Post New]by wingnuts0915 on Nov 25, 10 11:13 AM
I am also having the issue of game not saving after exit. I have to restart the game anew each time I play. I am downloading the update now. Perhaps that will solve the issue. I get the "Invalid Profile" message...

goslin55
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by goslin55 on Nov 25, 10 11:16 AM
I have also reinstalled the game and the hidden object scene in the garage does not appear. So I can not use the chainsaw on the tree because I do not have the axe. I do have the glass and have fixed the toilet. Will there be a fix for this problem in the near future. If this is a linear game it should be stated in the begining of the walkthrough AND the objectives should be in the exact order of when you need to complete each task and puzzle.

WHEN WILL ALL THE GLITCHES BE FIXED FOR THIS GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correction I have a fueled chainsaw but the tree will not fall. What gives ??????

I did not need the axe Oh well for that idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please fix this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 1:19:03 PM PST

[Post New]by AuntieJulie on Nov 25, 10 11:28 AM
I've just installed the game onto my home pc instead of my laptop (laptop is vista, home pc is XP) and I've gone into and out of the game several times - this time it IS saving the profiles.
Perhaps it's something to do with the operating system???

Trouble is, I don't WANT the game on my home pc cos I like to play these games when I spend time on my boat - on my laptop..........

One step forward, 2 steps back?

[Post New]by GentlemanKat on Nov 25, 10 11:42 AM
I'm having the same issue as AuntieJulie. I downloaded the game just fine. Played it for about 2 hours after initial startup. Logged out, came back. "Master Detective Profile Invalid." All my progress was lost. I tried to create a new profile, logged out, back in. Again the error, and the new profile was gone, too. I guess Unless I sit down and play without stopping, I am out of luck.

Any chances of a fix for *this* showstopper?

-GK

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 11:42:41 AM PST

dippy1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by dippy1 on Nov 25, 10 11:45 AM
karen876 wrote:Can anyone else get past "listening in on the womans conversation"? I consulted the smart guide after I had done so and, yes, I had done it correctly (the text did appear) but no trigger. So now I am stuck in the foyer with nowhere to go and nothing to do.... *sigh*.

i cantr either

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Nov 25, 10 11:47 AM
I cannot pick up goblets. I have checked the strategy guide and have done everything and more (ie inflated raft). My objective tells me to find a way to open the trap door, but I am not registering a new objective of collecting goblets. Someone posted that this glitch was fixed, but I don't see where. HELP please.

Go to: