bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any King's Smith 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 26, 11 2:47 PM
Hey fishies!

We have a new Mac version of King's Smith 2 available now!

The new version of this game fixes the freezing and crash issues that would occur during the transition from Level 1 to Level 2.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by mahogony on Jul 9, 11 4:50 PM
I was experiencing the Mac game freezing problem, so I uninstalled/reinstalled the game via the instructions above. Now the game doesn't run at all anymore. Clicking "Play Now" from the Game Manager seems to send me directly to the "Thanks for Playing" screen I get after I quit a game.

CallmeCoors
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,933 Posts

[Post New]by CallmeCoors on Dec 9, 11 1:43 AM
I am also getting the access violation error. Have tried all of the solutions but it still will not work. Am also having a different problem with the other new "king" game. Microsoft troubleshooter reports this game as being incompatible. I don't understand what the problem is. This is the first time I have ever run into these problems. I am running Windows 7 32 bit on a computer that is less than a year old. All drivers are up to date and I am lost on what to do next. Please help!

[Post New]by gamineannie on Dec 16, 11 12:27 PM
I am having a problem with the game, too. Level One, on the third scene, it just crashed to desktop without any error message.
I saw there was a fix for the Mac version - is there one for Windows, too?
WinVista 32-bit. All drivers up to date. If the game has proven incompatible with Windows, why is it still being offered for sale?
Please let me know if there is a fix, or if I need to ask for my money back.
Major disappointment, as this is a great TM/adventure game, which I had been enjoying so far!

[Post New]by TinyBob on Jan 12, 12 7:06 AM
I was really enjoying the first half of the game, then it wouldn't move on from one completed level, the button wouldn't work, then it froze completely and I had to shut it down via task manager. It wouldn't reload again but thinks another game is still in progress. So I rebooted. Still wouldn't work. Shame.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jan 29, 13 12:10 PM
I also had the Access Violation error with this game.
Error: Access violation at 0x00418561 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

After a chat and series of emails with customer service and updating driver cards, and other XP add ons and exhaustive testing I could not get the Bigfish Version to work.
I finished up testing a Demo version from the source companie's site and after finding that worked purchased the full version and am now a happie chappie.
Bigfish customer service have been great and gave me a replacement coupon.
Thank you Bigfish.

Go to: