jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Nov 30, 10 7:08 PM
bpfrimmer wrote:I can't pick up items in the inventory. Anyone else have this

problem?

I can't pick up the hook and rope to the well even though I got them they aren't highlighted...

[Post New]by hotmomma317 on Nov 30, 10 10:37 PM
I ended up skipping through the apothecary puzzle because of the game freezing at the coconut! Now I have found all the girls and have two skeleton keys and two disc and can do nothing...almost as if the game has nothing else for me to do...extremely bummed that this game only took me a short time to do after paying $10 to purchase it...I think that I should be given a credit towards a different game since this one does not seem to be finished/working correctly!

[Post New]by iamwa7wxl on Nov 30, 10 10:55 PM
Just wanted to say that I had the same problem with the game "freezing" after drilling the hole in the coconut. Killed the game and restarted about 5 times. Finally ended up rebooting my computer and restarting the game and it worked like a charm! Hopefully this will help some others of you.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 30, 10 11:26 PM
hotmomma317 wrote:I ended up skipping through the apothecary puzzle because of the game freezing at the coconut! Now I have found all the girls and have two skeleton keys and two disc and can do nothing...almost as if the game has nothing else for me to do...extremely bummed that this game only took me a short time to do after paying $10 to purchase it...I think that I should be given a credit towards a different game since this one does not seem to be finished/working correctly!

If you have two keys and two discs and have freed all four girls, you still have one more chapter left to play.

You can find the the next step by checking the Blog Walkthrough which is posted free here at Big Fish Games.

There is a link to the Blog Walkthrough in the first post in the forum topic that starts with "UPDATE" and says the Blog Walktrhough is now posted.

That should enable you to get going again.

Or if you just want a hint, look for the existing forum topic called "the Witch."

Good luck!
Robin

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Dec 1, 10 9:58 AM
waaaahhhhh I can't play any of the good games lately! I did get to play 13th skull but that's it. None of the other games will write to my computer. All have access violation...etc. I have tried everything! It's a Windows7 and BFG or Microsoft and BFG problem! Oh I'm so sad

olemaw
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by olemaw on Dec 1, 10 10:48 AM
The same thing has happened to me. Games freezes as soon as the egg is broken,Apparently there is a glitch in the game. Until that time, had no problem and enjoyed the game. Hopefully, this will be corrected SOON.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Dec 1, 10 11:45 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:waaaahhhhh I can't play any of the good games lately! I did get to play 13th skull but that's it. None of the other games will write to my computer. All have access violation...etc. I have tried everything! It's a Windows7 and BFG or Microsoft and BFG problem! Oh I'm so sad

UPDATE

I downloaded the game again and got the same error message when I pressed "play now". OUt of frustration I clicked on the desk top icon and it worked! I played the whole trial and bought the game and it worked! Maybe that's all I had to do with some of the other games?
I don't know but YAHOO

twozamum
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by twozamum on Dec 1, 10 12:39 PM
I am very frustrated - every time I go to the Apothecary Shop as soon as I break the egg the game freezes up on me. I am at a point where I cannot go on until I can make this potion. What now??!!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 1, 10 1:08 PM
Hi Fishies!

If you're having trouble with Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets freezing or not displaying correctly, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

kimflight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kimflight on Dec 1, 10 2:26 PM
[by iamwa7wxl on November 30, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to say that I had the same problem with the game "freezing" after drilling the hole in the coconut. Killed the game and restarted about 5 times. Finally ended up rebooting my computer and restarting the game and it worked like a charm! Hopefully this will help some others of you.]

I had the game freezing at the coconut too. Cursor still moved but nothing else worked. Rebooting my computer worked for me as well. Thanks, iamwa7wxl. I could continue through the coconut. Hope this helps others.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 2, 10 8:23 AM
twozamum wrote:I am very frustrated - every time I go to the Apothecary Shop as soon as I break the egg the game freezes up on me. I am at a point where I cannot go on until I can make this potion. What now??!!!

I haven't heard of a fix for the apothecary potion freeze yet. What most people seem to be doing as a workaround is to reboot their computers, go back into the game, wait for the SKIP button to fully charge, then skip the mini-game. You'll receive the potion automatically when you skip. They can then continue on.

I realize that's not a very satisfactory solution, but at least you can get on with the rest of the story.

Meanwhile, I would definitely contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope in the right column of this page. They'll have the most current information on fixes.

I'm so sorry you've run into that--I know it's frustrating.

Robin

kimflight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kimflight on Dec 2, 10 8:29 AM
When I rebooted my computer, I was able to finish the puzzle in the Apothecary shop without skipping.

[Post New]by carr7729 on Dec 2, 10 11:11 AM
The first time I played this game I got a fair way through, only to discover that the firewood I'd picked up hadn't been added to my inventory, so I was completely stuck. Started again, and only got as far as using the scissors to cut the wick from the cannon when I discovered that the wick hadn't been added to my inventory. I'm going to try uninstalling and then reinstalling, as that has worked in the past, but this is the second game in a row that I'm having problems with (though to be fair, it doesn't often happen).

[Post New]by lilababe on Dec 2, 10 2:22 PM
very frustrated got to the apothecary and the game freezes when i break open the egg. Please fix i finally uninstalled the game.

[Post New]by henrietta13 on Dec 2, 10 3:13 PM
Can't get the tree in cemetary to zoom in so I can use the shovel to dig up the wooden square for the cabinet in the Mill.

[Post New]by ckeck11 on Dec 2, 10 11:02 PM
Blabs wrote:Can't even get as far as having a problem playing. As soon as I click PLAY the game vanishes

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Dec 3, 10 12:17 AM
Like many people, I was stuck at the apothecary with the coconut. Rebooting helped me too. I was able to finish without skipping the minigame.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Dec 3, 10 10:36 AM
I just experienced a big problem with this game. Pretty far in the game and I had seen several scenes where I had multicolored lines in the picture but not so bad that I could not keep playing, cause I have tried some games that were totally unplayable and could not get out without control,alt.,delete. Then all at once my mouse froze up over in the lower right corner, I was going to the map, and could not do anything. only way out was shutting pc down. When I went to restart playing the game, it made me start all over from the beginning. Bummer!!!

gypsybaby1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by gypsybaby1 on Dec 3, 10 10:44 AM
I can't download the game at all. It gets to about 1%, then 'validates' and restarts the download. After the 5th validation, it times out and tells me that there's an error downloading.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 3, 10 5:56 PM
Mine freezes up as soon as I crack the egg!

Go to: