Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 10 1:48 PM
Oh, I love this game. It makes you think rather than just having to go from one place to the next and find hidden objects.
At first I was worried that this game would be too spooky, and would make me jump every few minutes, just for the effect. But thank goodness, this game isn´t scaring me, otherwise I might not have wanted to go on. LOL

Love the gameplay and graphics! On the negative side: A few items didn´t react to my clicking on them in the Hidden Object scenes, and only reacted after I used to a hint, and then only after clicking a few times on the object. Otherwise, no complaints.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Dec 1, 10 2:01 PM
Loved this game!!! The Best I have ever played! Thanks BFG and ERS Game Studios!!!

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Dec 1, 10 7:46 PM
Downloaded the latest version....and apparently it's working okay. Haven't had the time to play much yet, but so far it loads fine and the custom cursor works. Hopefully everyone can give good reviews now!

[Post New]by GrannieG on Dec 1, 10 10:24 PM
I played the demo and them purchased and I had all the same problems as everybody else. I was so frustrated and dissappointed because I really liked this game. Then this morning I checked the forum and saw that a new game was ready to download. YEAH!!
I deleted the old game and downloaded the new version and couldn't stop playing which is unusual for me.

I am a senior citizen and I didn't find the game scary at all. I did like that the mini puzzles were a challange but most of them were not impossible. I also liked that it would explain what the objective of the puzzle was.

I loved, loved, loved this game!!

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Dec 2, 10 6:35 AM
After,reloading I was able to play this game.I enjoyed it,except for a disappointing ending(I hope this is not considered a spoiler,it is just my general comment).Also,too many hidden object scenes,even for a HOG, but the games were fun in general.It was worth the 6.99 to me-about 3 stars(out of 4)

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 2, 10 12:27 PM
Now that the game has been fixed I was able to play it with no problems. I enjoyed it a lot and only had to skip one puzzle. I was not able to turn the sections in the spider web puzzle. After finishing I looked at the walkthrough and realized I had to put the pieces in the middle to turn them. I liked the story and the wandering back and forth. This is exactly my favorite type of game. Thanks for bringing a quick fix to this enjoyable game.

suziedog
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by suziedog on Dec 3, 10 5:01 AM
Best game i've played for ages. I had probs wiv floating cursor so uninstalled and reinstalled and was fine. Well worth the money as game lasted hours. Already looking forward to sequel. As for ending i liked the fact it left u wanting more knowing there will probably be another 1.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 3, 10 6:22 AM
I demoed the CE and vetoed it because it went through every scene in the game when I wanted to quit. I might consider this version, but I'd have to see if the same thing goes for this. I find that extremely annoying.

Edit: There's a skip button! Was that on the CE? No matter. That solves my problem, and I'm buying the game. I do wish she weren't so unconcerned about her boyfriend, though.

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 7:56:57 AM PST

BigCatMama
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by BigCatMama on Dec 3, 10 7:58 AM
This is an 'under no circumstances' buy for me. Once I entered the sanitarium and saw the first patient, I shut the game down and deleted it.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 3, 10 11:30 AM
Hey BigCatMama--sorry that you were disappointed with this "Game." The title itself is kind of a giveaway about the storyline, and the BFG synopsis and video trailer pretty much clue you in to the subject matter. While this might be a bit off-putting to some, it's by no means on a par with "Redrum--Time Lies." (A great "Game," BTW.) So, in spite of your "Comments," I thought I'd give the SE version a try--glad I did!

The eerieness starts from the opening menu and continues throughout (and that's what I expected, but then I went in with eyes wide open). The graphics are darkish, yet distinct; the soundtrack is very befitting; the hidden-object scenes and tasks are challenging but fair; there is some traipsing around, but it's not tedious. Some of the scenes (where there's animation) seemed sluggish (maybe 'cuz I've only got 512 MB of RAM)--that was liveable. I like the idea that this might be a lengthy "Game."

There are certainly all kinds of dark, brooding "Games" out there--I think this one ranks highly. Some folks just lean towards "Flo" and the "Diner Dash" genre--with free trials/demos, we should all know what to expect b4 we wade in.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Dec 4, 10 1:27 AM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I was so frustrated the first 2 days with all the tech problems, but once the fixed SE came out, everything ran well (except still lagged a bit between scenes, it did that on the CE too, but still very playable), I was addicted and immersed.

Yes it's gruesome, but that's one one of the things I love about it. Gruesome means you have DIFFERENT things to search for. This has everything I like about a great game. It's challenging, it makes you think, doesnt hold your hand, right amount of clues, an original, interesting story, the H0s are different and clever. I couldnt wait to see what was in the next room and what I needed to do next. The minis are old favorites, but with new twists. The flow of the tasks made sense.

It has clear graphics with the exception of a few H0s that were impossible, but that's what the hint button is for. I especially liked the hint button loads in 30 secs. I work the H0s as much as I can, but when Im done, Im done, which is usually 1-3 left and it annoys me when I can do nothing but sit and wait for the hint button to recharge.
I remember there were a couple very minor flaws, but it was so great overall, I dont remember what. About 10-12 hrs gameplay. WELL WORTH IT!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 4, 10 12:31 PM
Good game and I look forward to the inevitable sequel.
ERS should write some new music though.

[Post New]by harpie on Dec 5, 10 4:07 PM
I was reluctant, but this is a FABULOUS, wonderfully funny, dark game!! I've had to rely on the strategy guide some, but no matter. We had an unexpected snow yesterday...what a GREAT game to pass a snowy afternoon!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 6, 10 3:59 PM
Wow another great game thumbs up I give this game a 5 up and 5 stars I finished the game and grant you i had to go to the walk through I can't wait until another great! game like this one Big Fish Games Rock..Keep up the good work!!
All the great games out I will soon be in the poor house lol
Hello to all the fishes in the pond..

[Post New]by anuhea21 on Dec 6, 10 7:34 PM
Mahalo racecat3 for the walkthrough info! Whew..I was really stuck there, and I hate hate hate using the w/t, but when all else fails...anyhoo..tyvm!!

[Post New]by anuhea21 on Dec 6, 10 7:41 PM
Thanks, fellow players, for the great insights for this game. When my hour was up, I couldn't wait to buy it, but wanted to make sure it's worth it...glad to hear that it is. I love the spooky madhouse thing, it's such a difference from the other HOG's. Music is ok, but those tentacles..ewww...what fun!

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Dec 7, 10 12:59 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:14:32 AM PST

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Dec 7, 10 11:58 AM
Yes! Superb game! I give it AAA+.

idlechat
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by idlechat on Dec 8, 10 5:08 PM
Finally finished this game after a lot of stopping and starting, Downloaded it twice after buying but it didn't make any difference, Every time I wanted to go to a different area it turned off but after pressing replay it took me straight back to where it stopped. Loved the game but very frustrated with the stopping and starting.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Dec 9, 10 2:38 PM
Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium (IHOG-adventure)

Options include a music and volume slider, full-screen and custom cursor.

There is a SKIPPABLE interactive tutorial, and the cut-scenes are skippable, as well.

The gameplay itself is a mixture of IHOG and adventure. During the hidden object scenes, the lists are found in four "boxes" in your task bar. Finish one box (find all the objects on that list), and the box disappears. Kind of nice, for it allows you to see more of the scene.

HINTS are refillable, and fill relatively quickly. The hints will work during the adventure portion of the game, so if you're stuck, you have an "out". Good thing since I'm a bit under-rested and missed some things *giggle*

The mini-games are not easy, but there is a SKIP button, should you need it.

The story is mostly conveyed through the "Notes" on your (ingame) laptop. The font is bright green and very appropriate for the mood they're trying to convey. You do not have to access the notes (hence, the story) to progress through the game, but they will give you mini-hints as to what you're supposed to be doing, and the "Notes" screen in your task bar flashes at you until click on it

Green Hills Sanitarium has an eerie, psychological story, interesting gameplay, environmental (though somewhat repetitive) music - a very enjoyable game! Purchased before my demo was even over. Definite thumbs up from me!

Go to: