joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium technical issues here only

[Post New]by joray2 on Nov 27, 10 11:01 AM
What's up BFG?? Been hours since all the tec problems with this game and still no repair! I'm going to ask for a refund on this game,if I wanted to wait and play this game some other day,I would of bought it some other day!! To many tec problems with this site!!!!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Nov 27, 10 11:22 AM
I just played 30 mins of the demo w/ no floating cursor problems.

Try turning off the music, that might help.

Try adjusting your hardware acceleration in settings. My PC is on the highest setting and I'm not having any floating cursor issues.

This will often fix floating cursor problems. TRY IT you have nothing to lose.

[Post New]by pinkpantheress on Nov 27, 10 11:32 AM
I am having the same problem with the lagging, the game looks interesting but i can't even play it....if issue not fixed soon, will be asking for credit...i already updated everything in my computer and still not fixed... : ( very frustrating.

fifegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fifegal on Nov 27, 10 12:24 PM
doccat5 wrote:I have the same problem, the cursor floats, and disappears. When I click on an object it takes forever for it to be crossed off. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I would probably buy this game if it worked properly. I'm disappointed, BF usually has such high quality programs.

ME TOO!!!!

[Post New]by sueront21 on Nov 27, 10 12:58 PM
Yes I have just downloaded this game and I am having the same trouble with the floating cursor, wish I had read all this issues before I downloaded. Hope they can fix it.

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Nov 27, 10 1:05 PM
I downloaded and redownloaded this game, and changed profiles. Dumped cookies cache temp files etc etc.......rebooted all to have the same problem of floating cursor and things taking forever to pop up...hidden objects not even moving after taking forever to get listed. The whole game was fine and running smoothly till I needed to use the cursor....from there it was **ll and even worse with **** list. Went to original cursor not game one.....no change.
My puter is less than a year old and runs Windows 7 prem home edition. Since I did CE of this game with no problems, I have to assume it is the game with the problem. Too bad, I was waiting and hoping this would come out soon......but yet again technical issue. Will it ever end I ask?????
Thank god I did not just buy it outright! Dodged a bullet there. lol

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by stavvi on Nov 27, 10 1:09 PM
What can I say? I did the trial - no problem - I purchased the game, and started playing - no problem. I exit and when I return to restart the game - nothing. I receive the error that another game is still running. I check the task manager, but there is no game running - not even Haunted Hills!! Help!!!!!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Nov 27, 10 1:38 PM
stavvi, I'm having the same problem as you. Hope someone comes up
with solution, I am really liking this game.

Finally was forced to shut down computer as I could not access any
other game and could not just uninstall, as computer insisted game
was running. Shutting down computer and uninstalled.
Will contact C. S. and hopefully issue will be resolved.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 3:18:41 PM PST

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Nov 27, 10 2:06 PM
stavvi wrote:What can I say? I did the trial - no problem - I purchased the game, and started playing - no problem. I exit and when I return to restart the game - nothing. I receive the error that another game is still running. I check the task manager, but there is no game running - not even Haunted Hills!! Help!!!!!

Im having the same problem my cursor is fine so I was playing for a few hours and had to exit to fix dinner now when I click the game to play again it says its still running or it dose nothing at all . I did ctrl alt delete and found greenhills game task and ended the task sill says its running so I cant play . the game manager keep telling me to close out the game or restart the computer which I did 3 times . I just got this new computer because my old one crashed and died a few days ago so my husband gave me his extra state of the art computer until we have money to get me a new one so it cant be my pcs problem . I was so looking forward to playing this game today and waited weeks for it . has anyone figured out how to stop it running -if I would not have had to exit it I wonder if it would have played all the way through ?

Kickmoney
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Kickmoney on Nov 27, 10 2:11 PM
I can not get the game to run at all. Have to shut down the computer to play another game on BF because it says another game is currently running. The demo worked fine. No problems, but as soon as I bought the game, NO Game!

[Post New]by seamystic on Nov 27, 10 2:14 PM
I dont have the cursor issue at all, but afer 15 min playing the demo I closed the game.
When I tried to start the game again..nothing happens..so I try to play another game from my game manager and it tells me another game is already running .. after 2 complete reboots still nothing. Even deleted the game and installed it again..nothing what so ever..after a few minutes it tells me there is a problem with the game.
It sucks because its eating my minutes of the game, but nothing is running, not even showing when I do ctrl+alt+del.
Its not my computer for sure since its a game computer to play heavy games on like ever quest2 that I play for 7 years now

ninja3311
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by ninja3311 on Nov 27, 10 2:19 PM
Please solve floating cursor problem, If it played fine on the CE, it should plaly fine on the standard edition.

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Nov 27, 10 2:40 PM
krissywillow wrote:I just played 30 mins of the demo w/ no floating cursor problems.

Try turning off the music, that might help.

Try adjusting your hardware acceleration in settings. My PC is on the highest setting and I'm not having any floating cursor issues.

This will often fix floating cursor problems. TRY IT you have nothing to lose.

Darn krissywillow, tried it, didn't work for me... just have to wait for the fix, I guess...

[Post New]by shadyhoh on Nov 27, 10 2:41 PM
Dalfelover wrote:I also seem to have a problem with the game because it simply won't start. I just bought the thing after playing the demo (which ran flawless), and now it just won't.
I click on it in the game manager and wait patiently, but then the screen just seems to flash and the game manager thanks me for playing. The game is completely compatable with my computer and I have tried to re-install and boot and nothing works.. I'd really like some help.

Same for me. I paid for the game and now it won't run. I shut down every other system and it still won't play again. Every other game over the past 2 years has played, this is a 1st and also the most expensive game I have bought. Please Please get it straightened out. I'm afraid to buy any other games now.

VestasMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by VestasMom on Nov 27, 10 3:06 PM
Darla1108 wrote:I downloaded and played 30 minutes of the demo to make sure I didn't have any problems with the cursor that I read about. No problems with the cursor so I bought and installed it. Now it won't play at all. I'm so disappointed. I should have at least played the hour demo. I click "play now" and nothing. I click "play" again and it says it's already running. I have restarted my computer twice now. Please get a fix for this. I've been waiting to buy this since I demoed the CE.

Same problem here. :-( I hope they come out with a fix since this seems to be a pretty commom problem, judging from the posts.

[Post New]by deliasmiff on Nov 27, 10 3:29 PM
stavvi wrote:What can I say? I did the trial - no problem - I purchased the game, and started playing - no problem. I exit and when I return to restart the game - nothing. I receive the error that another game is still running. I check the task manager, but there is no game running - not even Haunted Hills!! Help!!!!!

nbennitt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nbennitt on Nov 27, 10 4:10 PM
Having a floating cursor problem also. Really wanted to play this one. Any chance of a solution, maybe after the holidays?

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 27, 10 4:14 PM
having trouble just getting into the game..was able to start playing it but when I tried to go back in later, it would not let me..this is the 2nd or 3rd game with these problems..maybe when they come back from thanksgiving, BF will be able to work out the bugs..If not , I am going to another website..

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Nov 27, 10 4:23 PM
Sadly, did not read about floating cursor issues and will be contacting Live Chat to ask for refund of game purchase.
I am running Vista and tried disabling the custom cursor and cursor trailing without success.
Sigh, I had hopes to play this game.

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on Nov 27, 10 4:24 PM
I've just downloaded the demo to try, but the game cursor 'freezes' every few seconds when I play - my PC is able to cope quite nicely with the latest PC games, so a hidden object game should not prove troublesome, yet it does.

Further observation shows that the entire game is freezing every few seconds - the electricity animation, the glowing hint button - they both also freeze when the cursor freezes.

Turning the custom game cursor off stops the cursor locking up but the rest of the game still continues to freeze every few seconds.

This game is currently unplayable.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 4:24:47 PM PST

Go to: