meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jane Lucky

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Nov 29, 10 8:31 AM
I think that the developers need to work on fixing the voiceover issue. The characters look absolutely stupid with their jaws flapping and no sound. Either add voices or stop the moving lips. Game play looks a little simplistic, however I would not mind continuing to play the game and critique, except that the flapping lips just turned me off. Sorry. Just my opinion.......

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Nov 29, 10 2:43 PM
I liked this game, my only comment is that the voice of the characters came and went at times.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Nov 29, 10 3:48 PM
I need one more game to get my 3 credits for the month. Unfortunately, this one will not be it. I love hidden object games, but this one is much too easy, ridiculous story and when I started, I heard the dialogue, but suddenly, it was silent. What happened? Please, BFG, give me one more game tomorrow that I can buy.

Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen63 on Nov 29, 10 4:23 PM
I tried this game for about 15 - 20 minutes and decided I'd had enough: The dialogue was excessive and the game just seemed plodding. Boring.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 29, 10 4:32 PM
This is an average hog, very simple. I think this is a good game for hog beginners, but not a game for me

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Nov 30, 10 10:30 AM
I really like this game. The storyline is interesting and I can't wait to see how it ends.

The game would have been better if they had kept the 'moving-lips and no-voice' part out of it but overall, the gameplay is fun and relaxing.

Will definitely put this on my December buy list.

[Post New]by colorsplash on Nov 30, 10 2:58 PM
Although I thought I would like this because it wasn't dark and dreary, it is really a bomb! I realize these are games and fictional but I cannot suspend my belief that terrorists will let you pick up their weapons and vandelize their traps. Not even bothering to play this one out.

[Post New]by VeryBigFish on Dec 1, 10 3:05 AM
In my opinion:

Shallow game: irrelevant "find 10" scenes, inane dialogue, bad grammar.

I hope this isn't a ******POSSIBLE SPOILER******

as everything to follow happens within the first ten minutes of the demo, but....

I'm not in the mood to play a blond bimbo that picks pretty flower and keeps the wild animals safe (while her professor has been taken and the assistant is badly injured and there are gunmen all over the place.)

"I think if people admired the flowers more often, there would be less trouble in the world." and "Now the animals are safe...."

That's as far as I progressed in the demo before it hit the trashcan.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Dec 1, 10 9:54 PM
I have to say that I agree with all of the posts so far - both good and bad, as odd as that may seem. Overall, though, I found it entertaining. Even the dumb stuff (like the conversations and plots) were fun to laugh at and pick apart. I'll add this to my buy list, but I hope it comes out as a $2.99 special because that's about all I'd like to spend on it.

[Post New]by Tootsn2clnlj on Dec 8, 10 11:45 AM
The bright white flash filling the screen when changing scenes gave me a migraine. I only lasted 14 minutes.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Dec 9, 10 7:23 PM
Barely made it half-way through and out I went. Maybe I am too picky but there's somewhat inane dialogue and then there's off-the-charts stupid. Game made no sense, junk pile objects, little tiny circles where you need a magnifying glass to see see them, picking flowers and removing traps while still a hostage, and oh yeah, save the terrorist. :::eye roll::: Please.

The graphics were good, nice and clear, music not bad, the terrorist angle was a new one and I thought might be fun, but someone really didn't know how to put this game together. Just getting introduced to the characters was almost enough to gag me. Maybe I should see about trying to get hired by a game company, I could do way better dialogue than so much of what comes out.

Yes, I'm tired of the creepy mansions, deserted (but haunted) graveyards, evil witches and spooky sanitariums. That's why I tried this one! I wish someone would create a game that made a little sense, had objects to find that might have something to do with the game and decent dialogue AND be able to do it without a guide or visiting the blog every 5 minutes. Is that too much to ask? Probably.....Ah well, so it goes.

[Post New]by lindala1955 on Dec 20, 10 6:28 PM
burningswan wrote:The objects just crawl to the circle when found, but other than that and the dialogue, it is a straight HOG and I can enjoy it. Similar to treasure seekers. Somedays the simple game has enormous appeal.

i like the simplicity tonite. it's a buy for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 29, 10 2:27 PM
The graphics are clear and the gameplay is straight HOG. The only plus this game had going for it is that when I find an item, it automatically goes to where it belongs. I didn't have to drag them to the exact position. And loud noises to scare big animals would alert guards. FYI. There are mini games that are rather easy until you get to a map to get by guards. I tried until the skip button was charged and I can't tell you how many times I failed. ARGH! The storyline has been done and done better. This was a cliche bad romance novel.

This game is a C.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jan 4, 11 10:50 AM
This may have a SPOILER but don't know if it fits into that category.

I can't believe im saying this BUT I LOVE THIS GAME!. At first I thought oh too much story and not too much of a game. But then the paced of the game picked up and I loved it. I love the secrecy of the man behind the mask, i loved the terrorist trying to help the archeologists and overall I did love the game.

There was some part that I thought that all conversations I could hear the character's voice because it started like that but then I realized that it wasn't going to be like that, the important parts you can hear the character voices and other conversations you cannot.

The graphics were pretty clear and I liked it, except at the part at night I though oh no with this little flashlight im going to become blind trying to find the objects .. but then I clicked a lamp and it illuminated everything so then I sighed with relief.

There was some grammar error on the game. Especially of the name of the object that you were trying to find.. for an instant they wrote Scull instead of Skull. And things like that, but that's not big of a problem I still understood what they were trying to say to me.

I give it a 4 out of 5 .

Great game

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 7:23 AM
A surprising good game to play, nice graphics and great fun.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 17, 12 8:15 AM
I liked this game. I found it interesting and fun and very long indeed. There was a lot of dialogue, it's true, but there's the option to click through it without reading. I didn't mind it at all. It was a little like reading a book, but with all the features of play that you don't get in a book.

I liked that the objects went into the circles themselves too. Graphics were not bad either. Music was fine. The story was quite creative and made a refreshing change. But the thing I liked most about it was how funny it was. The devs used a translator who's command of the English language was very good, but not perfect, and he had some trouble with grammar that made me howl at times.

They really went to some trouble to incorporate a variety of countries, 4 I think, and that may have been what held my interest somewhat more than if it had all taken place in the same one.

All in all, quite an enjoyable experience for a game on sale.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Feb 19, 12 2:30 PM
I agree basically with the Lobster, I thought it simple and fun. Played for 54 minutes but you could not ALT CTRL to task out of it....I forgot to mention that. There are lots of little things wrong that if fixed I think would be good....the rainforest soudns are good but the music is awful. Otherwise not bad.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Feb 19, 12 7:04 PM
Just finished. What a happy surprise!!! Yes, loading was slow but the story was interesting...and the characters were believable. The ending was satisfying and I have only good to say about the game. When the scene loading took place there was too bright a light to look at so I just closed my eyes and in five seconds or so the game went on with no interruptions. I would love to see more of this kind of game. I went through it without using many hints and did not even check to see if there was a walkthrough. This little old lady is a happy gamer!!!

[Post New]by EagleWolf on May 8, 13 11:38 AM
I do not generally make comments, but I just have to today! I have been turned off by a good many of the games that have dark screens, dark subjects, or negative cruel and mean themes.

I started looking through games that did not have a favorite indicator in the list of Hidden Object Games. Lo and Behold I found three games that had very high ratings, but few people responding and this was one of them.

I am very very pleased with this game...it was fun to play, kept my enthusiasm and attention and I am sure glad that I bought it after a short demo time. I haven't played the other 2 downloaded games, so I do not have a final opinion on them.

I can only wish that at some point there will be a way to point out great games like "Jane Lucky".

Go to: