edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Mystery of the Dragon Prince

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 29, 10 7:17 AM
i was doing my potion(sleeping potion) when the hour finished!i'll wait until 1 st december,when i 'll received my punch cards credits(2 this month,plus my credit game club!)
nice game to do waiting a great one(queen of spades f.e)

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 29, 10 7:20 AM
Carole22759 wrote:Awh come-on youze guys!
You don't give yourselves enough credit of how capable you are ... The countless mini-games you've attempted over the years, but then skipped just because that "button" was there. What about the mini's you've completed and wondered "how did I do that ?" Most likely you have "talents" you've yet to discover!
All the instances that you've pushed that mouse of yours, to hover-over that SKIP button, thinking to yourself "I'll never be able to figure this one out", then you clicked it without even an attempt at the game in front of you, then all too late realizing that "ah-ha" moment is gone forever ...never to know if you would have been successful.
NO SKIP BUTTON... Pish-Posh...You may surprise yourself!
Find your inner mini-game prowess!
...Now go out there and mini-game dominate!...
Ah well, just thought I'd be a little motivational today.

LOL!! That is very well said including the Pish-Posh.
I do agree but of course some fishie cannot download just to demo. I have finished and got through. Did not think I would.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Nov 29, 10 7:32 AM
I won't be buying but no because of the "No Skip".
I didn't like the directional button as it always pointed NW for me and so I really had no idea where I was going.
A few of the **** scenes became "distorted" - that's the only way that I can describe it - and sometimes you had to move things to find objects but (for me) were given no clue as to what you had to move.
I did run into a technical issue too but will not be posting about it as I'm not buying. In the **** scene in the trophy room I clicked and clicked on one item and could not pick it up yet when I asked for a hint it highlighted the exact object that I'd been clicking on! And I still couldn't pick it up after using the hint.
Could have been a good game.....

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 29, 10 7:46 AM
Well I bought this game thinking it would last more than 1 1/2 hrs. The hidden object part was super easy and with the help of the walkthrough I got through the maze Other than that, I think this could have been allot better if it had lasted longer. The puzzles were really easy so if anyone is looking for a fast easy game, buy this one. I should be mad about the fact I spent $7.49 for this game but oddly I'm not.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Nov 29, 10 7:52 AM
I must be playing a different game. WHAT bright graphics? My images are dark, murky and mostly unclear. Many items are not recognizable. The images are also very small and there is no clue that some items hide behind others. If I can get clearer graphics going, I may consider using one of my punch card credits on it, as there is indeed a walkthrough to assist with the non-skippable minigames. Other than the game title, I have no clue what the objective could be after 33 minutes of play. While some of us don't mind not having our hands held during gameplay, an occasional helpful comment wouldn't hurt either.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Nov 29, 10 8:16 AM
Maybe I am having a not so good day, but this game irritates me. I hate simon type games and no skip button really makes me unhappy. The first few HOG scenes I could do without looking at the list, just pick the odd item out. No real direction, no hand holding all has some appeal in making the game a challenge, but the 3 minute times stinks. I will go back to the game later on today and retry it.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Nov 29, 10 8:20 AM
This game looks like it was slapped together to just get something out there. Grainy graphics, very juvenile story line and infantile game play. After some of the beautiful and complex offerings recently, this appears to me as a first time effort. I think the developers need to go back to the drawing board and really work on perfecting their skills in the casual gaming arena.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 29, 10 8:33 AM
I understand what you're saying, but I play games like this for enjoyment and entertainment. It's not that the mini games are difficult -- or at least they don't appear to be from the walkthrough, it's that I don't like several of them which, frankly, would take all the enjoyment away from the game and then what would be the point?

You don't give yourselves enough credit of how capable you are ... The countless mini-games you've attempted over the years, but then skipped just because that "button" was there. What about the mini's you've completed and wondered "how did I do that ?" Most likely you have "talents" you've yet to discover!
All the instances that you've pushed that mouse of yours, to hover-over that SKIP button, thinking to yourself "I'll never be able to figure this one out", then you clicked it without even an attempt at the game in front of you, then all too late realizing that "ah-ha" moment is gone forever ...never to know if you would have been successful.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Nov 29, 10 8:59 AM
No skip button is a no buy for me. I hate most of the puzzles. I play to relax and I will work a puzzle up to a point, but if they are stressful I want to skip them. Also, I discovered that I, personally, cannot play in full screen mode. I nearly went blind trying to find a lemon slice and the hint button kept taking me to a spot where nothing was, then it dawned on me, I reduced the screen, and lo and behold, there was the blasted lemon. SO CLOSE to being an awesome game! Devs, please, SKIP BUTTONS.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Nov 29, 10 9:47 AM
tarbarme wrote:good looking game BUT there is NO skip button on the mini games. A major no buy for me.

When will developers learn??
Hints refill too slow as well IMO.

I also was puzzled by the glass pieces

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Nov 29, 10 10:19 AM

BRAVO!! Carole....

Now that is a great motivational speech, not to mention a good point!! I always try my mini games too - in fact, I usually stubbornly refuse to give up until I figure them out myself. I count on these types of puzzles to keep my brain sharp and active and no doubt will rely on them more for this as I get older... I LOVED YOUR SPEECH

shadowfax

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 10:23:06 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 29, 10 10:19 AM
Glass pieces I can't pick up, plus Peglegann, plus Carole22759 made me wrote this 3 rd message.........Bought it !!! Goofyduck, with a little bit of luck, won't bother you again with the garden shears...or not....

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 29, 10 10:20 AM
Okay... most everyone hates it. That makes it a must-try for me, LOL. I have a contrary streak, since it seems the games I hate are the ones everyone else loves, and vice versa.

I do expect short, since it is an awfully small file...

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Nov 29, 10 11:37 AM
This game was okay and I might have purchased it except for learning here that the game is only about 2 hours long. Sorry, but I've grown to expect at least 3-3 1/2 hours of game play for my money.

Edited on 11/29/2010 at 11:39:33 AM PST

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Nov 29, 10 11:51 AM
I looked at walkthrough and it looks like a game I would really like..BUT..no skip no play..sorry but I'm not going to have a nervous break down trying to solve a dang puzzle..I sure hope this is the not start of game makers doing away with the skip button if it is I won't be buying those games !! not happy..

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Nov 29, 10 11:51 AM
I don't really like it, but only have played for 20 min and I also don't like that it don't have a skip button on puzzles. You could be stuck for a long time and won't want to play it again.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Nov 29, 10 12:10 PM
Hi everybody!

Has anyone encountered any slider puzzles in this game? (I think that's the right name for them...the ones where you have one space, and you have to slide the pieces around into correct places.)

I am soooooo bad at them, and if I have to skip a puzzle, that's usually the one. (I'm trying to get better,but they are the bane of my gaming existence!)

I might buy it anyway and call my husband in to do any sliders I can't handle.

Thanks fellow fishies!
Shasta

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Nov 29, 10 2:09 PM
I kind of liked this game - graphics are good, hidden objects not too tiny. But I won't buy it because I don't have the option to skip puzzles. I do try to solve them, but I like knowing there's always that escape hatch. (I'm wondering what the "Hatch" by the fireplace is....) Couldn't figure out the pieces of glass either.
Also, in order to change settings you have to get out of the game to the start screen, which seems odd.
All in all, not a buy for me, but I would reconsider if there were any way to skip those puzzles!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 29, 10 2:51 PM
I guess I'll never leave this forum ! Finished the game, yes Carol, I did it, can hardly believe it though !! Usually, when I see a "pipe game", I skip straight away, this time I had no choice. I must say that mini games were fairly easy ortherwise I would have never made it (must admit, the maze made me sweat). There are some fast shooters in this game, it didn't take me an hour and a half, it was nearer 3 and a half (I'm a slow player but not yet a crippled turtle). Loved the graphics, hidden objects scenes were fun as you have to move objects and a big plus : a good sense of humour. Met one or two characters that really made me laugh, quite unexpected beings ! At long last I was able to pick up my glass pieces, Goofyduck I found the garden shears ! No, it's not a long game but I enjoyed every bit of it.
PLEASE, keep the no skip button for easy mini games ortherwise all the fun disappears........

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Nov 29, 10 3:40 PM
It's something of a departure from the other games I've played by this developer. There's not nearly as much dialouge and and the graphics seem a bit more sophisticated for the most part. The hint button took too long to recharge-which may not be a concern if you've already purchased the game. I don't like not having the option to skip mini games. I've got some minor brain damage and sometimes, even with walkthrus I find some exceedingly difficult. I'm always motivated to try-espeically if there's an achievement/ award for it. But like several other fishies I like being able to skip a mini game even if I know how to do it during the demo so I can get through more of the game and decide whether or not I will buy. I'll pass on this one for now.

Go to: