hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Dragon Dance

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 30, 10 7:09 AM
I played the demo and I really don't know if this game is worth $7.49 because it can be frustrating at times. I'll have to think about it for awhile.

dippy1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by dippy1 on Nov 30, 10 7:15 AM
15 minutes and no third book guess this isnt for me

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 30, 10 7:24 AM
I gave up on this too, though I wanted to really like it. Some parts were too easy and others (like the books) too irritating to bother with. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'm pretty spoiled now. A couple of years ago I would have bought this.

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Nov 30, 10 7:28 AM
I really like this game. I didn't have any problems placing items or using my inventory like some did. The journal was a little weird to navigate at first but I got used to it pretty quickly.

There is very little hand-holding in this game. Which is a big plus for me. Graphics are great. Storyline kept my interest. Mini-games not too hard...not too easy.

Will buy tomorrow to start off my Dec. punch card.

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Nov 30, 10 7:30 AM
After figuring out the logistics on not getting myself stuck...
2 words describe my take on the game...
SOFISTICATED & CHALLENGING!

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT -- and BOUGHT IT!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Nov 30, 10 7:33 AM
Is the heroine's name Anna? LOL every game has a Anna lately. Downloading now.

[Post New]by Dragonara090 on Nov 30, 10 7:36 AM
After reading reviews here, I almost didn't even bother trying the demo, but I am a sucker for anything with dragons, so I downloaded it. I am so glad I did...this is a super game and I have not had any problems with it at all.
The hints button shows when it is ready, by the small dragon appearing above it, the arrows to get to the next screen were easy to find and I can click on the windows key to drop the game and see the walkthrough, if required. So far no glitches of any kind.
You do have to collect things in the correct order though, you cannot just grab stuff and use it where you think it may be required, it just won't let you do a task unless you have.
I thought I would need the walkthrough a lot, but I am pleasantly surprised that I have not had to use it much. Once you suss out how things work it becomes easier to know what you need to do.
I think it is a game that you need to relax, take your time and move around the screens slowly , that way you won't miss things that point you in the right direction..ie a few sparkles where something needs to be done, or objects you need to collect.
I hate junk pile HOs and this is certainly not that, yes some objects are not very easy to see right away, but none were impossible, even for my old eyes, and the hint system is not that slow to recharge, also, there is no limit on the hints.

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but for me any small moans are far outweighed by the overall good stuff. Even the music was quite enjoyable
I would buy it right now, if I had any credits left... I really want to go on playing, but it will be first on my buy list early next month when I get more credits.
So a definite for me

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 3:14:33 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 30, 10 7:36 AM
not for me

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 30, 10 7:41 AM
louroche wrote:
maggieannie43 wrote:Help please I am up to placing the carpet on the floor in the cellar, I am suppose to go upstairs to Edward room but nothing happens I am suppose to find a magnifying glass, solvent but the walkthrough does not help me where have I gone wrong. Hints do not help me either it says no hints available here

I can't find the chimes..........tried clicking on the carpet to get it into the bag, it's not doing anything. Checked the walkthrough, but I guess I'm not understanding what to do. Can you help me please? I've gotten everything else in the basement so far except that step. Thanks.

Highlight text below for spoiler
The chimes are in the clock. Click on the clock on the back wall, move the slider on the bottom of the clock to stop the pendulum, then you can get the chimes. When you go all the way upstairs to Edward's bedroom, it should trigger an hidden object scene. It took me a while to get the hang of this game, because you just enter the room and you are IN the hidden object scene - there should be a list of things to find at the bottom of the screen. That is where you will get the magnifying glass. The solvent is in another book in the library. To trigger the search for the solvent, you need to find the magnifying glass in the bedroom, then use it on the carpet.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 30, 10 7:43 AM
barbee44 wrote:Is the heroine's name Anna? LOL every game has a Anna lately. Downloading now.

No, this time it is actually a guy! And he doesn't seem like a total idiot that will need to be rescued by an Anna later in the game.

ETA: I'm still on the fence about buying this one. I need one more credit to fill out another punch card, so I'll buy something today. I find myself relying too much on the walkthrough on this one (which I finally printed out so I didn't have to close the game each time.) I like the game, but I feel like I'm cheating my way through it.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 7:45:56 AM PST

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Nov 30, 10 7:44 AM
I asked for help earlier and I sorted it myself, I had to restart the game again using another name. It is working now before the cellar scene was very dark now it is fine.
Follow the scenes when in the cellar after the carpet if you go to Edward room and there is not a hidden object waiting do like I did start the game again

SPOILER ALERT FOR WHO EVER ASKED ME ( sinshack)

To stop the clock that is where the chimes are slide the button at the bottom to the right until the clock stops then click on the chimes

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 7:45:48 AM PST

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Nov 30, 10 7:47 AM
I just want to say how much I am enjoying this game--now if I can only get rid of those pesky piranas. I have a slingshot, but no ammo. Oh well, I may just have a peek at the W/T which I really don't want to do.

Doreen

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Nov 30, 10 7:50 AM
maggieannie, thanks - I finally got that myself after franticly clicking on the chimes, which I could SEE but not get!

BTW, it helps if you change the text color on spoilers so other gamers don't accidently read them, even if you put in a Spoiler Alert. To do that, write your post, then highlight the portion that you want to hide. Then click on the "T" just above the writing window, the one with the colored checkerboard, and click on the white square in the upper left corner. In your post that you are writing it won't dissappear, but when you post it the highlighted section will be invisable until someone highlights that area, and then it will show up blue so they can read it.

It took me a long time to figure out how other posters were doing that! I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Nov 30, 10 8:09 AM
Well, I gave it a 15 min. try and will pass.

If I can't solve the puzzle with WT in hand... there is something either wrong with the game or me.

I'm in the basement(?) and it is very dark even with the light on... the objects are very hard to find. Eye strain. Then I get to the clock puzzle... do exactly what the WT says to do. I see the hand while I have the clock magnified... nothing. Tried about 6 times... now either the WT is faulty or the game because it just doesn't work.

It's a shame because I was liking the game but find it frustrating when you can't even solve a puzzle with the walkthrough and the hints here are useless. They just point to the clock.

PASS

I need two more games to get my free one... but you know, if I don't buy this one it's the same as getting a free one.... right?

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Nov 30, 10 8:16 AM
I am now cheesed off with this game the slide game will not slide, it makes a sliding noise my cpu is 3 so it should play properly I think I will ask for a credit on this game, it must be full of flaws

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Nov 30, 10 8:16 AM
I played the first half hour and only managed to complete the first hidden object scene, but failed to find one of the books, which I think is in the drawer without a knob. Edward's room had no hidden object list, but the tech issues forum mentioned something about finding a basement, or a hidden room in the library but both eluded me. There was no navigation curser when I first played, and it appeared only after I started a new profile. After that it appeared sometimes, but not always. I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing are "technical" errors, but I'm putting the word out anyway.

Frankly, the game seems to be dis-jointed. I'm a seasoned player, but there was just too much random clicking without much action and I lacked confidence that it was even working properly.

Some of the tech issues in other BF games recently have made me run from any game that has glitches, and the elusive navigation cursor took this off the "buy" list.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Nov 30, 10 8:18 AM
cme550 wrote:Not too sure about this one. I really want to like it. I got only a few minutes into the game before I got stuck. Im supposed to enter and symbols correctly on the safe. I did, according to the book, but nothing. And I didnt notice a skip button. Is this not considered a puzzle or are there no skip buttons? If no skip buttons, it's a definite no buy.

I am not purchasing this yet, but I am not completing the trial yet either. I will wait until I get a few answers, or a walkthrough to answer a few of my questions first.

However, I thought the graphics were nice and clear. The misclick pentalty is your cursor breaking apart for a very short while and it's nothing bothersome.

Odd - I was so frustrated with Edward's room (no hidden object list appeared) that I clicked just about every square inch of the screen, but didn't get any penalty. The navigation cursor didn't work well, so believe me, there was a lot of random clicking on this end. It's a definite no buy for me. A shame - the graphics were promising.

Edited on 11/30/2010 at 8:19:28 AM PST

louroche
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by louroche on Nov 30, 10 8:24 AM
sinshack wrote:
louroche wrote:
maggieannie43 wrote:Help please I am up to placing the carpet on the floor in the cellar, I am suppose to go upstairs to Edward room but nothing happens I am suppose to find a magnifying glass, solvent but the walkthrough does not help me where have I gone wrong. Hints do not help me either it says no hints available here

I can't find the chimes..........tried clicking on the carpet to get it into the bag, it's not doing anything. Checked the walkthrough, but I guess I'm not understanding what to do. Can you help me please? I've gotten everything else in the basement so far except that step. Thanks.

Highlight text below for spoiler
The chimes are in the clock. Click on the clock on the back wall, move the slider on the bottom of the clock to stop the pendulum, then you can get the chimes. When you go all the way upstairs to Edward's bedroom, it should trigger an hidden object scene. It took me a while to get the hang of this game, because you just enter the room and you are IN the hidden object scene - there should be a list of things to find at the bottom of the screen. That is where you will get the magnifying glass. The solvent is in another book in the library. To trigger the search for the solvent, you need to find the magnifying glass in the bedroom, then use it on the carpet.

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Nov 30, 10 8:26 AM
TOTALLY STUPID, STUPID GAME. WASTE OF TIME !!! COULD HAVE BEEN A NICE ONE, BUT IT SURE ISN'T!!

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Nov 30, 10 8:47 AM
CiCiRR wrote:I played the first half hour and only managed to complete the first hidden object scene, but failed to find one of the books, which I think is in the drawer without a knob. Edward's room had no hidden object list, but the tech issues forum mentioned something about finding a basement, or a hidden room in the library but both eluded me. There was no navigation curser when I first played, and it appeared only after I started a new profile. After that it appeared sometimes, but not always. I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing are "technical" errors, but I'm putting the word out anyway.

Frankly, the game seems to be dis-jointed. I'm a seasoned player, but there was just too much random clicking without much action and I lacked confidence that it was even working properly.

Some of the tech issues in other BF games recently have made me run from any game that has glitches, and the elusive navigation cursor took this off the "buy" list.

Glitch/flaw VS CHALLENGING! This game is CHALLENGING indeed.
I've had 'flawed' games with glitches -- but this is NOT one of them.

Example - the drawer issue -- borrow one knob from another drawer.

A magnifying glass or 'gear set' will show up if you glide the cursor over the screen to find hidden areas to search or react with what is in bag. Don't give up -- it's an awesome game... especially the further one gets.

Go to: