Mouse381
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Day True Love

[Post New]by Mouse381 on Dec 2, 10 4:39 PM
alvertis5706 wrote:
Pickles77 wrote:Will there be a walkthrough for this game? I don't want to buy it without knowing how long it is. Has anyone finished the game? Sounds like a great story

There's a built in walkthrough included; it pops up at appropriate times by the 'hint' bar.........VERY usefull, because as is my habit; in a couple of spots, I missed a step.

I bought the game. I'm still stuck on the collage. The skip button will not work and the "built in walkthrough' by the hint button is not there. I don't know what to do! Little Help????? Much appreciated.

I still love the game, am just stuck.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 2, 10 4:46 PM
I've played just over 30 minutes of the demo and I'm enjoying it very much. The fact that it's based on a true story makes it even more interesting. I love the music. It's classical in nature and very relaxing. I really like the voice-overs of the couple and how they tell you about their lives as the game progresses. The graphics are very nice-bright and colorful. The puzzles are a nice variety and, so far, aren't too difficult but they may be skipped. I enjoy the interactive aspects, too, and there seems to be adequate help, if needed. The hidden-object scenes, so far, haven't been too difficult to find, although, I did need to use a hint now and then but the hints re-charge quickly enough.

There are two levels of difficulty for the game-play and I chose the easy one.
The more difficult level has an area that unlocks upon completion and the hints take longer to re-fill and there is no tutoral, if I remember right. Over-all, the game is great and I have no complaints at all. It's really nice to see a change from all the dark spooky games we've been seeing, lately. This game rates & 1/2 in my opinion. Very well done! I'm adding this one to my collection.

Edited on 12/02/2010 at 4:47:13 PM PST

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Dec 2, 10 6:08 PM
Well I opened up my BF home page today and saw Dream Day.... and I thought oh geeze another lame game!! But then I thought, what the heck and decided to try the demo.

Well..... I was pleasantly surprised!! There is something very sweet and charming about this game. It's not a difficult game, but that is a nice change from having to use a walkthrough every 3 minutes. I like the variety of things to do in the game also. Anyway after a long dry spell of not purchasing anything.... I think I've found a winner!!

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Dec 2, 10 6:38 PM
Well after the full demo, and a pleasant conversaton with Nicholas , who checked the game and its just the way it's made. So I'm going to buy it and enjoy it!! Totally love the game

[Post New]by Jezz1226 on Dec 2, 10 7:02 PM
Pickles77 wrote:Will there be a walkthrough for this game? I don't want to buy it without knowing how long it is. Has anyone finished the game? Sounds like a great story

Just to let you know I just finished it, it only took me 3.5 hours so pretty short (although as far as I can remember about average for the dream day games), good game overall though : )

Teb18
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Teb18 on Dec 2, 10 7:07 PM
I normally love the Dream Day games, but not this one. Save your money. And the voice overs were so annoying that I optioned them off. Also hated the Honeymoon game. Favs - the very first wedding, the house and the one in Italy.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Dec 2, 10 11:44 PM
Boomer47 wrote:For Dream Day fans a nice addition to the series. The usual clear and colorful graphics, Unique story line. Easy to play with minimal challenges. A typical bright and sunny DD entry.

Unfortunately, although I really, really try to be, I am not a fan of the series. I can admire all of the good things about the game, I try and play each and every one when they are released.

BUT!! They are so sweet they make my teeth hurt,

Also: Coronagold your post was priceless.

OMG - I may keep coming back to this thread for days just to get a good giggle!!

Too, too funny Boomer!!

[Post New]by ThoughtFox on Dec 3, 10 2:41 AM
Although this game was quite fun, I didn't enjoy it as much as earlier games in the Dream Day series. There are not as many hidden object scenes as there were in previous games and while I appreciate the variety of puzzles and interactive tasks, the **** scenes are one of the best aspects of these games. They require some thought. The graphics are very good, but not as appealing as they were in Bella Italia.

I'm not sure yet if I will buy this game. I'll see what else turns up this month first.

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Dec 3, 10 4:19 AM
I was so happy when I saw the email that it's finally been released.

It's a pretty good game. Not as good as Bella Italia which will always be one of my favourites.

Very disappointed that it's not in widescreen though! That's a big bummer.

Still it's amusing and easy to follow. I guess you've got to be a Dream Day fan to appreciate it and I am so it's a definite buy for me.

[Post New]by briteredlips on Dec 3, 10 5:55 AM
I LOVE this series of games! I have them all, and play them all. This newest game, will be no exception. This is an automatic buy for me. Period.

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Dec 3, 10 7:15 AM
Great review, Goofyduck77
I love the DD series and after reading your very thorough review I knew I could skip the trial and just buy. I know you would advise to always try the game first, but two trusted names here, Goofyduck77 and Dream Day, that's enough for me,LOL. Happy gaming!

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 7:15:46 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Dec 3, 10 7:24 AM
I played the first 3 DD games right after I finished my free copy of Ravenhearst. They were on another site on sale packaged together...so the very first HOGs I bought and I loved them. While I prefer the darker mystery themed HOGS I love a good romance and this series never fails, is never cheesy, dull or sad as a few other romance games I've bought here. I just the happy feeling I get playing these games, again a perfect game palate cleanser in between dark games and I think just what I need after finishing Salem Secrets.

After reading the reviews, plus being a new twist to their usual newlywed type wedding stories, its an instant buy for me with a coupon code! Thank you for offering the DD games!

[Post New]by IplayDesigner on Dec 3, 10 8:29 AM
Hi everyone -- I am the designer of the Dream Day series and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is posting about the game! We do read your comments and take them to heart, positive and negative.

The game is about my grandparents, so it thrills me to see people enjoying their love story. Perhaps I can get them to post a review here once they finish it.

Thanks again and I will keep reading!

Cara

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Dec 3, 10 10:00 AM
What an excellent game. Great graphics, not too easy, good music. Knowing that the story was true made it even more special. Thank you to the people involved for sharing it.

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Dec 3, 10 10:52 AM
Sorry,I have all of these,Didn't care much for this one.Not enough hog scenes,I didn't care at all for the mini games.I bought it because I liked all the others and saw this file download was larger but personally didn't enjoy this one.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Dec 3, 10 3:28 PM
IplayDesigner wrote:Hi everyone -- I am the designer of the Dream Day series and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is posting about the game! We do read your comments and take them to heart, positive and negative.

Cara, let me be the first to say THANK YOU for this wonderful series of games. I have loved each and every one and played them all at least twice. I haven't yet had a chance to d/l True Love (I'm on the tail end of two 12-hour work days in a row), but this is one series I always buy without trying first because I'm never disappointed! Please, please keep the Dream Day series coming and know you have at least one fan for life!

Edited on 12/03/2010 at 3:28:58 PM PST

[Post New]by scottie9 on Dec 3, 10 3:36 PM
I love this whole series too, Have them all, But I'm stuck on the back yard, there is a flood, And don't know how to get past it. There is no instructions, or hint button. or walkthrough Will be watching for an answer Thank you

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Dec 3, 10 3:44 PM
Once in the backyard, go to the right and the spring is the problem. Click the big rock next to the spring

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Dec 3, 10 5:34 PM

A sweet game, pretty easy but that's OK, gives my brain a rest.

How nice to have a game that celebrates the positive. When my parents had their 60th last year in Oz I took them away to a beautiful guest house in a wine-growing area, and I'd arranged letters from the Queen, Governor-General, Prime Minister, etc. etc.; and put them all in an album. They are doing pretty well so they might make their 70th too!

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Dec 3, 10 6:27 PM
I'm just getting started - bought after demoing for 5 min - love this series (and I'm normally the "eerie/scary" type!!) seems really neat - so far my favorite part is that I can play with the custom cursor on - that was not possible w/ DD Italia It's a silly small thing - but custom cursors add to the overll atmosphere!

Go to: