chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by chipper23 on Dec 4, 10 10:13 AM
purplejaded wrote:
DoraDoraBoBora wrote:I was fully intending to purchase this game until I ran into a problem. I reached the part where the jailed woman asks you to bring her lost artifact to her from the commons. I got the item, brought it up to her window, and handed it over. She gave me a dialogue along the lines of "You have my thanks, my name is Somethingsomething, I worked for the Parris", but when I clicked the dialogue wouldn't advance or disappear. I could move my inventory, use my journal, even click on "menu", but it was like just her dialogue was frozen. So I exited to the main menu, returned to gameplay, and now she's asking me for her item again. It's gone from my inventory, the place I got it from can't be accessed (the game won't even let me click on the spot because the item is gone and the puzzle is solved) so I can't progress.

Very disappointed since I was enjoying it up until that part. Judging by the numerous bug complaints of repeated issues (vanishing inventory, "access violation") from so many people, it sounds as though this one needed a bit more testing before release.

This is exactly where the game messed up for me. I was really enjoying the game too

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Dec 4, 10 10:22 AM
purplejaded wrote:
DoraDoraBoBora wrote:I was fully intending to purchase this game until I ran into a problem. I reached the part where the jailed woman asks you to bring her lost artifact to her from the commons. I got the item, brought it up to her window, and handed it over. She gave me a dialogue along the lines of "You have my thanks, my name is Somethingsomething, I worked for the Parris", but when I clicked the dialogue wouldn't advance or disappear. I could move my inventory, use my journal, even click on "menu", but it was like just her dialogue was frozen. So I exited to the main menu, returned to gameplay, and now she's asking me for her item again. It's gone from my inventory, the place I got it from can't be accessed (the game won't even let me click on the spot because the item is gone and the puzzle is solved) so I can't progress.

Very disappointed since I was enjoying it up until that part. Judging by the numerous bug complaints of repeated issues (vanishing inventory, "access violation") from so many people, it sounds as though this one needed a bit more testing before release.

This is exactly where the game messed up for me. I was really enjoying the game too
I just had the same thing happen to me. Glad to see it wasn't my computer. I love this type of game and hope the glitch will be fixed.

[Post New]by susabing on Dec 4, 10 10:23 AM
i downloaded the game but it is telling me my "trial expired". i've never played it! very strange.

bjko1
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by bjko1 on Dec 4, 10 10:27 AM
Well I might as well add my disapparence to the game. I got as far as getting the flowers and went to give them to the girl and nothing was there. Will try the suggestions that have been given. Hope they work. It seems as if the disappearing inventory happens at different places with different people. If this doesn't work then guess I'll be calling customer suport. When I have had a problem they were very, very helpful and there was no problem in giving me a credit if I had purchased the game. Good luck all.

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Dec 4, 10 10:37 AM
I am having the same problem as DoraDoraBoBora I give the woman in the jail her beads then it freezes I have already bought the game so I have uninstalled and installed again and the same thing happens I have changed profiles etc and the same thing I have started this game over so many times I lost count. I think it is time to contact CS and get my punch card code back.

[Post New]by nicolemorales on Dec 4, 10 10:39 AM
another problem i am facing is when i tried to collect feathers in the slave's room they all dissapeared and i can not go forward in the game.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 4, 10 10:45 AM
Like lots of others my inventory items disappeared, I had just picked up the red gem and bam......................all gone. Really annoying as I had been enjoying the game up to this point.

Anyway came out of game, left it a couple of minutes, went back in and lo and behold inventory items are back,

I am on windows 7 64-bit (pc only 2 months old) with nvidia graphics 260.99 which was upgraded only a week ago.

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Dec 4, 10 10:46 AM
My trial was not good at all! First I got an access error about 15 mins into play and the game stopped working so I had to restart. Then, after spending another 20 15 mins. playing the game (and thoroughly enjoying it), I got to the point where I'd collected all 3 wagon wheels and took them to the backyard to chop and not only did I lose the wagon wheels after I'd chopped them, I lost all of my inventory. I could not do anything else with the game. I even tried to start over, rebooted my entire computer, and started the game anew, creating a new character. However, I could not do anything past collecting the 8 fireflies. I am thoroughly disgusted with BF lately, releasing these games before they have the "bugs" worked out of them. I've been a loyal member of their club for several years now and buy at minimum of 3 games per month and until recently, I had NO issues with them at all. Lately though, it seems at least 2 or 3 games they release per month have issues. With all the other sites out there now offering club memberships and games being offered at the same price as BF, I'm thinking about not renewing my BF membership next year (which is very close now).

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Dec 4, 10 10:53 AM
I got to the bucket to put dirty water on the taverns windows and it wont let me gat the muddy water,HOPE THEY GET THESE GAMES FIXED ITS MY 3 one unable to get full play .

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Dec 4, 10 11:20 AM
After I filled my bucket with muddy water to dirty the tavern windows, all of my inventory disappeared. Can't continue with game.

bjko1
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by bjko1 on Dec 4, 10 11:39 AM
Well here I am again. I exited the program and then played again. Guess what? My inventory came back and I was able to finish the game. Hope all have the same results that I did. Good Luck.

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Dec 4, 10 12:21 PM
My game would not allow me to pick up and hand the beads to the woman in the window. Even after I placed my ladder down it wouldn't let me click on the window either. Then my inventory disappeared. So I exited the game and came back. Everything functions well now.

[Post New]by MntlMstr on Dec 4, 10 12:33 PM
I have had the same problem as DoraDoraBora and others. I handed Tituba the beads and the game froze. When I exited out and came back, I did not have the beads in my inventory and could not go back to the pillars and get them either.

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Dec 4, 10 12:39 PM
Glitch after getting Tituba's beads. Her dialog unscrolls across the screen and freezes. Had to go to main menu, then click "play" again. Climbed ladder and handed her the beads and her dialog scroll refreezes. The beads disappear and when I menu-played again, she asked for the beads (which were no longer in my inventory.)

Also, the stone bearing the codes for the sins/virtues kept flickering as if reopening the small window.

What is it about "Salem" games? Each one is a problem... Must be the curse!

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Dec 4, 10 1:16 PM
This wasn't a CE, I think she's confusing it with Hidden Mysteries Salem Secrets.

I am having the same problem with inventory disappearing. I am in the Putnam house, after the H0 is completed, the inventory disappears. If you back out to the hallway, the area I just finished the H0 in is still sparkling like it still has to be played. If you go into the "sparkles", there is nothing to do. I exited the game and went back in. My inventory was back, but I had to replay that H0 game and as soon as I did, the inventory disappeared again. This is absolutely a glitch in the game. I was enjoying this game until this happened.

eschmeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eschmeck on Dec 4, 10 1:49 PM
First time I've had trouble with any of the games here but the ones on this one makes the game unplayable.
* Tituba's conversation window for you to give her the beads freezes which makes it impossible to close it out or place the ladder. Had to Menu-Exit then re-enter just to complete that part.
* Tituba took the beads but didn't give me the green gem. This effectively stops the game at this point.

Lots of issues with the pop up windows flickering as if they're opening over and over as well as it running extremely slow to the point that capturing familiars with the heirloom will be impossible very quickly.

It looked like a nice game but perhaps National Geographic should stick to magazines and forget about computer games?

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Dec 4, 10 1:54 PM
eschmeck wrote:First time I've had trouble with any of the games here but the ones on this one makes the game unplayable.
* Tituba's conversation window for you to give her the beads freezes which makes it impossible to close it out or place the ladder. Had to Menu-Exit then re-enter just to complete that part.
* Tituba took the beads but didn't give me the green gem. This effectively stops the game at this point.

Lots of issues with the pop up windows flickering as if they're opening over and over as well as it running extremely slow to the point that capturing familiars with the heirloom will be impossible very quickly.

It looked like a nice game but perhaps National Geographic should stick to magazines and forget about computer games?
I had the exact same problem. After it froze,I exited, came back, no beads or green gem. With over 1300 views( on this thread),I think quite a few people are having the same problem. Hope to hear from Big Fish soon. Looks like a great game and I would like to play.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 4, 10 2:08 PM
Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the tech thread with the issues you're experiencing. It looks like a number of you are losing your inventory and we'd like to collect more information for this. It would be very helpful to write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report, which is a report that gives the rep an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. This report will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you receive an error message letting you know the file is too big, try sending just the running processes, running services and the dxdiag. These are the most useful parts of the report that will help our rep. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 4, 10 3:04 PM
well, I was wrong, the game I remember was a beta game that froze me to smittherns. My bad. But I did start to play this one, loved it, bought it and am at the Putname houe trying to catch the wretched mouse in the dram saver things and the inventory is GONE!. I see the note from BFG, but when I tried to get ive chaaT, THEY ARE OFF..IT'S SAT! SO, NOW WHAT?
sorry for the caps, chris

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 4, 10 3:17 PM
I'm running the game in Windows 7. I've noticed 2 problems. The second time doing the **** scene in the graveyard, I got all the objects but couldn't back out. When I finally did, it was still showing sparkles and all of my inventory items were gone. I exited and the game and went back in, replayed the graveyard **** and was fine.

Now I'm at the very end where all I have left is the incriminating evidence. According to the Walkthrough, I'm supposed to hand it to Putnam, but the game won't let me do that and there is no **** scene in the corner. I've exited and gone back several times with the same result. I effectively cannot complete the game.

Go to: