WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 10 4:34 PM
MagAngel wrote:Does the Collector's Issue have a strategy guide in the game? Mine does not.

The strategy guide is in your inventory. It is the book on the far left.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 10 4:36 PM
jessica780 wrote:Has anyone else had any issues with logging into the computer after you find the password behind the picture of the boy and dog upstairs? I got the password E4V220 and have tried typing it every way imaginable and it still does not work. Can someone help? I can't progress in the game until I log into the computer.

Did you press the enter button on your computer after entering the code?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 10 4:39 PM
MagAngel wrote:I cannot get the four keys to work in the cemetery gate. I followed the correct order from the painting in the main room. The shapes on the gate don't match my keys, but the walkthru says that does not matter.

The shapes on the gate are very important! Each key will only work on one certain keyhole. Go back to the painting to find out which key goes in which keyhole and which way your key should be oriented.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 16, 10 4:44 PM
animanikati wrote:i've got all my map stamps and have raised 2 of the 3 canons without a problem. but the 3rd series of stamps and associated numbers isn't right. i've triple checked and the stamps and number sequence match what's on the map but when i try to use the numbers on the 3rd canon, nothing works.
bug? anyone else had this? help? thanks!

Sounds like your numerals are incorrect. If any of the numerals on the map run vertically, you may have written them down backwards. For instance, IX could also be XI. You can see which one of your numerals is incorrect by noting when the buttons on the cannon above the I, V, X buttons depress or don't depress. If your numeral is correct, one of the buttons will depress - when you enter an incorrect numeral all of the buttons will reset. Then you know that one was incorrect.

[Post New]by jessica780 on Dec 16, 10 9:26 PM
WilJul wrote:
jessica780 wrote:Has anyone else had any issues with logging into the computer after you find the password behind the picture of the boy and dog upstairs? I got the password E4V220 and have tried typing it every way imaginable and it still does not work. Can someone help? I can't progress in the game until I log into the computer.

Did you press the enter button on your computer after entering the code?

Of course I hit the enter button and even tried to click the lock several times. Nothing works. I really don't want to have to start over since I'm almost to the end. Any other suggestion?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 17, 10 8:38 PM
jessica780 wrote:

Of course I hit the enter button and even tried to click the lock several times. Nothing works. I really don't want to have to start over since I'm almost to the end. Any other suggestion?

Seems nobody has another suggestion, and I'm at a loss. A lot of people actually did not hit the enter button on their own keyboard, so it was a reasonable question.

The new build of this game purports to fix troubles with entering the code on the computer. If you have an older version of the game you could try uninstalling and reinstalling. You shouldn't lose your game progress.

DJmmb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by DJmmb on Dec 18, 10 4:05 AM
I have had the same problem, redownloaded after several weeks to see if it would clear up, I can't pick up the piece of map that is in the dog dish. I've tried different players, still didn't make a difference, I can get every piece of the map except for that one. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Help????

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 18, 10 5:49 AM
Have you fed the dog with the bone you got from the fridge?

[Post New]by jobinban on Dec 18, 10 6:37 AM
i'm not sure if this is a technical problem or not - but i can't get goblets! i opened that cabbinet-thingy, but i don't have the goblets objective. instead, all it says is "find a way to open the trap door"... i searched the walkthrough and really have no idea what i did wrong...
please help!!!

[Post New]by karakiz__67 on Dec 18, 10 12:53 PM
jobinban wrote:i'm not sure if this is a technical problem or not - but i can't get goblets! i opened that cabbinet-thingy, but i don't have the goblets objective. instead, all it says is "find a way to open the trap door"... i searched the walkthrough and really have no idea what i did wrong...
please help!!!

I'm having the same problem pff and can't play further...it sucks!! who can help us...PLEASE????

[Post New]by beamolho on Dec 18, 10 1:32 PM
DJmmb wrote:I have had the same problem, redownloaded after several weeks to see if it would clear up, I can't pick up the piece of map that is in the dog dish. I've tried different players, still didn't make a difference, I can get every piece of the map except for that one. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Help????

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 18, 10 3:26 PM
karakiz__67 wrote:
jobinban wrote:i'm not sure if this is a technical problem or not - but i can't get goblets! i opened that cabbinet-thingy, but i don't have the goblets objective. instead, all it says is "find a way to open the trap door"... i searched the walkthrough and really have no idea what i did wrong...
please help!!!

I'm having the same problem pff and can't play further...it sucks!! who can help us...PLEASE????

You both have a very old version. This is a glitch that was fixed on the day of release. You need to either go to your game manager and download an update, or just uninstall and reinstall the newest version. You shouldn't lose your game progress either way.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 18, 10 3:28 PM
beamolho wrote:
DJmmb wrote:I have had the same problem, redownloaded after several weeks to see if it would clear up, I can't pick up the piece of map that is in the dog dish. I've tried different players, still didn't make a difference, I can get every piece of the map except for that one. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Help????

Um. Give the dog a bone.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 18, 10 6:48 PM
[b]Anybody have trouble not having the flint in the extra play? I know the walkthrough says you get it from a hidden object puzzle but I've done that already and I don't have it. Is there another I am not finding? I've been on both ships and gone everywhere that is possible to go. Except getting into the original cabin. Need that name to enter.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 18, 10 7:10 PM
Ok, might sound silly, but did you scroll all the way through your inventory? Sometimes you have more pages than you think. The flint looks like a black rock.

So far I haven't found any posts from anyone reporting a loss of the flint. That's why I'm thinking maybe you actually have it. Or you didn't play the right HOG.

[Post New]by hockeywingnut on Dec 19, 10 12:25 PM
I can't get the password to work. Everytime I enter the password and then clock on the enter button it clears it out.

Help!!

[Post New]by animanikati on Dec 19, 10 6:38 PM
WilJul wrote:
animanikati wrote:i've got all my map stamps and have raised 2 of the 3 canons without a problem. but the 3rd series of stamps and associated numbers isn't right. i've triple checked and the stamps and number sequence match what's on the map but when i try to use the numbers on the 3rd canon, nothing works.

Sounds like your numerals are incorrect.....

wow, now don't i feel dumb... that was it, thanks! <

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 19, 10 7:21 PM
animanikati wrote:
WilJul wrote:

Sounds like your numerals are incorrect.....

wow, now don't i feel dumb... that was it, thanks! <

Ha ha! Don't feel dumb - that happened to a lot of people.

[Post New]by MsAngelfish on Dec 19, 10 9:04 PM
Hello -- I purchased the game on 12/3 and am close to finishing it but cannot get the fourth coin to get me to the 13th skull. Initially, the shovel dug a small hole, but I had to stop the game and when I came back the magnifying glass shows there are holes everywhere but I can't find a coin and cannot dig a new hole. I read that there was a newer version so I deleted the game and reinstalled it tonight (12/19) but it took me to the same place with the same problem as before. How can I get to the 4th coin? Thanks for your help!

[Post New]by jobinban on Dec 20, 10 1:48 AM
WilJul wrote:
karakiz__67 wrote:
please help!!!

You both have a very old version. This is a glitch that was fixed on the day of release. You need to either go to your game manager and download an update, or just uninstall and reinstall the newest version. You shouldn't lose your game progress either way.

thank you!!!

Go to: