stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Dec 31, 10 5:24 PM
LizzieK wrote:
stormy_1962 wrote:I'm having problems getting the scissors off of the photo of the pirates. when i zoom in there are no scissors to cut the photo to get the key. is anybody else having this problem?
Sparky
The scissors are in a hidden object game in the bathroom. Then they will be in your inventory waiting for you to use them.

Good luck!

Thank You now I'm having problems finding the last two keys its not in the guide so its throwing me off I found the key in the in photo and the shack but I can't seem to find the last two for the graveyard, any hints?
Sparky

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 31, 10 9:33 PM
Hi again Sparky. You can find a list of the locations of the cemetery keys in the walkthrough or in the FAQs. Here's the excerpt from the FAQs (highlight to read):
Where are all of the CEMETERY GATE KEYS?
Star key – in the puzzle box on Magnolia’s mantle
Moon key – in the attic in the chest on the right
Triangle key – in the blue box in the shed behind the house
Diamond key – in the painting on the left in the foyer

Good luck!

[Post New]by moodbill74 on Jan 1, 11 6:18 AM
Where is the stragety guide on this game? or does it have one?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 1, 11 11:26 AM
It's in your inventory tray, book with the magnifying glass. It's one of the first things you game tells you when you start it up.

[Post New]by kjgjkhjkhfjdgjj on Jan 3, 11 7:01 AM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 01/03/2011 at 8:49:10 AM PST

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Jan 3, 11 7:05 AM
I am gonna pass on a comment here. Just to keep the peace and stay out of trouble.

[Post New]by laurarocavip on Jan 5, 11 2:11 PM
HLA, ESPERO QUE ALGIEN ME PUEDA RESPONDER EN ESPAÑOL, TENGO UN PROBLEMA EN EL JUEGO, CIANDO EL SR.LEWIS ME PIDE AYUDA PARA CORTAR LA MALEZA AL LADO DE LA FUENTE, NO PUEDO HACERLO PORQUE LA CORTO Y APARECE DE NUEVO DE INMEDIATO, HABRA OTRA TECNICA??? ESPERO SU RESPUESTA PLEASE

stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Jan 10, 11 3:16 PM
LizzieK wrote:
stormy_1962 wrote:I'm having problems getting the scissors off of the photo of the pirates. when i zoom in there are no scissors to cut the photo to get the key. is anybody else having this problem?
Sparky
The scissors are in a hidden object game in the bathroom. Then they will be in your inventory waiting for you to use them.

Good luck!

Thank you LizzieK still can't find the last 2 keys for the graveyard even with the stradegy guide, frustrated in dallas.
Sparky

NEW version available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition 12/8/2010

[Post New]by sweetie1943 on Jan 11, 11 2:35 PM
frannycats wrote:

bfgArnoStyx wrote:We have a new version of Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes the following:

- Vignette being added into inventory
- Profiles stuck in an objective will now have items they need
- Tavern Cellar Key missing from inventory

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. Thank you!

I love this game! I've purchased it and am half-way through the game. My problem is that the parrot keeps escaping from my inventory. I'll pop him in there, and by the time I reach the snake he's flown the coop again, dangnab it.

I hate to have to reinstall this far in the game and have to start all over again.

[Post New]by sweetie1943 on Jan 11, 11 2:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with your game - parrot flying away. You need to find the bird cage and put him in it. If I remember it is on the porch upstairs.

[Post New]by lunasea2 on Jan 11, 11 2:55 PM
I am stuck in the tavern bathroom, how many times do you need to plunge the toliet???????

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 11, 11 3:31 PM
Hi lunasea2! To try to keep these forums to a manageable length, you might want to glance through a few pages to see if there are any threads already on this topic. (Btw, there are - just look for anything with "toilet" in the re line.) Good luck!

stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Feb 1, 11 3:49 PM
LizzieK wrote:
Sparky

Good luck!

Thank you LizzieK Now I'm having trouble with my four keys for the graveyard I followed it by the frame in the front room but it's not working. Can you help me?

stormy_1962
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by stormy_1962 on Feb 1, 11 5:02 PM
stormy_1962 wrote:
LizzieK wrote:
Sparky

Good luck!

Thank you LizzieK Now I'm having trouble with my four keys for the graveyard I followed it by the frame in the front room but it's not working. Can you help me?

I figured it out now I'm stuck in the graveyard where you have to figure out the dates for the deaths and the etc. on that big square thing I can't find 1736 on it. HELP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by girliefay on Feb 2, 11 8:56 PM
WilJul wrote:
cobra415 wrote:I have finished the game and I am still denied access to the bonus game.
What do I have to do to get to the bonus game?

If you have played the part of the game on the ships, that was the bonus game. After completing that, game resets to the beginning.

If this is true what is the lock on the post or tree trunk for????????? I'm 100% and it still want open,,,,,,,,,,and are they going to add this later???

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 9:37 PM
girliefay wrote:
If this is true what is the lock on the post or tree trunk for????????? I'm 100% and it still want open,,,,,,,,,,and are they going to add this later???

Hi girliefay! I suspect you just didn't notice when you unlocked it. You could read the FAQs for more info, but I'll copy the relevant section for you:

I can't UNLOCK the BONUS GAME!!!!!
After the Lawson's are swept away by the wave, the screen turns white and you are taken back to the main menu where the bonus game sign with the lock on it disappears and a subtitle under the main title that reads "LAST RITES" appears. If you hit "Play" - YOU ARE NOW PLAYING THE BONUS GAME on the ships. After you match the 13 skulls to their respective skeletons, the credits roll and you are taken back to the main menu - YOU HAVE NOW COMPLETED THE BONUS GAME and THE GAME RESETS and you are back at the very beginning with the bonus material locked until you complete the main game again.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 4, 11 11:00 PM
bryb1672 wrote:can someone help me i played it all the way up to where i found the family in the swamp and it says to go back and find more maps and i only have the piano and i have nothing to open it with or what should i do . thanks

Hi bryb1672! Welcome to the forums! You have to find 18 map pieces to be able to complete the map and work on the cannons in the swamp.

You use your screwdriver to open the piano. If you're having trouble using your screwdriver on the screws on the side panel of the piano you can check out the thread near the top of the forums with a yellow sticky note next to it entitled 13th Skull ** FAQs ** Lots of SPOILERS. It should give you some help. Good luck! Let me know if that's not your issue.

[Post New]by JESSIEJ64 on Feb 19, 11 3:08 PM
how do I get the walkthrough for this game?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 19, 11 3:16 PM
JESSIEJ64 wrote:how do I get the walkthrough for this game?

Just go to the walkthrough thread titled Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!. Right now it's directly below this thread, in the yellow portion at the top of this forum. Go to the first post and click on the blue link.

[Post New]by WiredNoggin on Jul 31, 11 12:48 PM
You know, I've never finished this game although I've had it for over a year. I bought the game originally on November 28, 2010. When I got to the tomb game, where you have to put in four dates, I went back through the journal, grabbed the years, slugged them in, pulled the handle and...nada. Went to the walkthrough to confirm that I did the right things to solve the puzzle. Went into hints, through all 3 of them, then tried to skip the game and was told that the game could not be skipped. Have reinstalled the game several times and have emptied the trash each time. Went to the options menu in the GM and checked manually for updates and none were available. At this point I can't move on with the game and feel like I should ask for my money back!

Also, just and aside, in the GM the name of the game displays with HTML characters like so:
Mystery Case Files & reg;: 13th Skull & trade; Collector's Edition (had to put a space before and after the ampersands, otherwise the @ and TM signs showed in this message).

Any ideas?

Edited on 07/31/2011 at 12:53:37 PM PST

Go to: