Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Chronicles: Salem technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gropitou on Feb 15, 11 2:04 PM
While getting the doll feathers, the game froze so I had to restart. Now my doll has no feathers but the area to find feathers is now gone. What do I do ?

UPDATE: Deleted game, re-installed, played slower so no overlapping clicks and worked fine. It's a shame when any game from BFG has bugs in it but one that is also endorsed by National Geographic should be held to a higher standard. Shame on you BFG.

Edited on 02/20/2011 at 11:57:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Dsharalin on Feb 15, 11 2:26 PM
Just downloaded the Mac version of this game and have had several problems. My inventory disappeared once and never returned and I had to restart the game with a new profile. Then, when I reached the part of the game with the raccoon, a error message screen popped up, interrupting the game and saying something about the sounds associated with the raccoon. On a third try I got to the point with the wheel and the same thing happened - error message popped up, talking about sounds.

Will there be a fix for the Mac version of the game? Please help!

cynet
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by cynet on Feb 16, 11 2:16 PM
carkam wrote:I cannot get the model house puzzle to work. It took my pieces and placed them in strange areas and then will not let me skip or take back the pieces. So i am unable to continue further into the game.

This is the same problem I'm having.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 17, 11 3:37 PM
Mac version: Played almost the entire game with a few minor glitches (game minimizing and throwing itself into my dock then popping back up - okaaaaay). But now, as I was cleaning someone's shack, my inventory disappeared then game froze and dimmed. NOTHING I did would let me exit the game - menu button didn't work, opt/command/escape didn't work, however, it did cause the game to minimaize and maximize and throw itself back into my dock for a second before popping back up. So while it went to my dock, I was able to open the apple file. Then then game popped back up, there was another 30-60 seconds of my pushing opt/com/esc then it minimized again and threw itself into my dock and I had just enough time to hit force quit, then the whole shebang all over again and I could quickly hit the confirm force quit button. Geez. Seriously? This is ridiculous. Especially to happen so far into the game. Really poor quality, especially since it appears these problems all existed in the PC version, so once again, the poor country cousin Mac users get the dregs. WHY, just why?

UPDATE: The good news - I went back in and was able to complete the game, all of my inventory had reappeared. *shrug*
The bad news - I still had inventory items (before they were taken) and had missed two familiars, as others have said.

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 4:04:36 PM PST

[Post New]by Maggiek91 on Feb 17, 11 6:20 PM
I also have had these issues. Very frustrating as I am unable to finish game that I was enjoying!

typegal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Game zooming in and out of dock - can't play

[Post New]by typegal on Feb 19, 11 7:40 PM
Mac version. Having same issues as WilJu, and also had the FlashPlayer message come up with the racoon like another post mentioned. I updated Flash Player, and it's worse now! I will try uninstalling/reinstalling game and using new profile. I do have newest version.

[Post New]by ladylaura75 on Feb 20, 11 9:41 AM
I'm having the same issues on the Mac version. I have missing inventory items, and I can't continue the game without them. It looks like they updated the PC version, but not the Mac?

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 20, 11 12:08 PM
Hi everyone!

If you're encountering technical issues with Lost Chronicles: Salem and haven't yet contacted our Customer Support team, I'd encourage you to do so. If you send in a Dr. Felix Report they'll be able to better document the errors and which systems are being affected.

Customer Support can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

ladylaura75 - I've also added a response to your other post here.

Thanks Fishies!

-bfgDonau

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Feb 20, 11 7:31 PM
thought with the new fix it would be ok. I deleted and re installed and inventory is still disappearing and a few times the game just shutdown on me. Guess I will have to get ahold of support.

The map they had was useless.

lea59
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lea59 on Feb 25, 11 12:14 AM
djhodgson wrote:I'm in the servant quarters. I collected the feathers and then game froze and when dark. When I exited and returned the feathers were gone and I can't go back to get them. They aren't on the mask either? I downloaded this game YESTERDAY! I should have looked at the issues before I bought it. I may be asking for a refund if a fix isn't posted soon!

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Feb 26, 11 8:02 PM
Same thing happened to me - first all inventory dissappeared at the Bishop house. Closed game went back in and finished that scene. Found all pieces to model town and when i placed them on the board, the screen went black. NO buttons worked. Closed and opened several times, still black screen. Sent note to BF for refund. Have the latest version loaded.

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Feb 28, 11 10:06 PM
patmosby wrote:Same thing happened to me - first all inventory dissappeared at the Bishop house. Closed game went back in and finished that scene. Found all pieces to model town and when i placed them on the board, the screen went black. NO buttons worked. Closed and opened several times, still black screen. Sent note to BF for refund. Have the latest version loaded.

I bought this game today so it should be the latest one. I am having the same problem with the model village puzzle. A black screen. i think if this problem cant be solved I would like a refund
VERY disappointed

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on Mar 5, 11 9:18 AM
Was able to finish game and did not have the disappearing inventory item or model house puzzle problems, but did notice the following 'glitches' which I think should be corrected, especially with this being a National Geographic game. I feel that just because a game is only $6.99 does not mean it should be full of glitches or problems. (1) several places in the game the hint generator tells you "check the map in the journal for the location of the missing [items]". However, the map never shows any clues. (2) the location information for the Cemetery is identical to the Prison. (3) Digging in farmer's field for model town piece: when you click shovel on correct spot, the shovel starts digging correctly, but dialog box keeps popping up saying "you can't use that here" or "you can't dig here". (4) near the end in the prison cell: moving cursor over the lantern on the table, or on the sparkly (hidden object) area to the right of the table shows text above as "cell-bed" even though there is no bed there. Only the lantern, table, wood floor and wall. (5) Several Adobe Flash player errors popped up, no clue why, could continue game. (6) Miscellaneous glitches; trouble starting up if you have quit the game causing custom cursor to disappear, having to double-click on menu items to exit, really slow. Solve is to get out of game and restart computer. Unnecessary picking up inventory items that are not used - example - the pendant in prison, then suddenly end game video. Seems like something got cut out somewhere. Game is too short.
My system: Mac OS 10.6.6, Intel. Most current shockwave/adobe flash.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 9:20:21 AM PST

[Post New]by marigold12345 on Mar 5, 11 8:04 PM
I gave the woman in the jail her artifact, the dialogue froze, and I had to exit to the main menu. When going back in, she asks for her artifact again, but I have already given it to her, so it is gone from my inventory, and it's not possible to get it again at the Common Gate. Game stops right there after about ten minutes play. I pity people who paid money for this piece of junk.

[Post New]by CarolineLuke on Mar 9, 11 10:52 PM
I only bought this a couple of weeks ago and have had ALL of the problems listed - currently stuck on the blacked-out screen of the village model puzzle - only persisted before this final glitch as I had bought the game, not trial - I wish I hadn't - waste of time and money - I would just prefer to have my money back. As an aside the game Mystery Valley is another that has lots of glitches.
Does anyone know how to ask for a refund?

[Post New]by Paralepsis on Mar 14, 11 4:57 AM
Downloaded and installed this morning (so this should be the latest version). In addition to the freeze and missing emerald gem, my inventory has now disappeared. I've created two profiles and restarted the game to encounter different bugs with each profile.
Yes, BFG, I will send the additional report requested - but these issues have not been fixed!

Weretacha
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Weretacha on Mar 14, 11 9:21 PM
Oh, dear. I'm having the same problems, and I was hoping there'd be some sort of fix already. Sigh.

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Mar 20, 11 6:22 AM
what is taking so long on the fix??? people have been posting issues with this game for over a month and still nothing??? not cool... the developers should take more pride in their work and strive harder to keep their customers happy. this is just sad...

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Mar 20, 11 10:16 AM
I gave the beads to Tituba, but the game froze when she started talking to me. I exited the game and went back into it, but now she is asking for the beads again, and i don't have them and they're not in the column anymore by the common. Also, my hints stopped working.

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Apr 30, 11 6:00 PM
amalthea1221 wrote:I gave the beads to Tituba, but the game froze when she started talking to me. I exited the game and went back into it, but now she is asking for the beads again, and i don't have them and they're not in the column anymore by the common. Also, my hints stopped working.

I was trying this game out on Apr. 30 and the same thing happened to me. I had read some of the earlier posts about the technical problems and thought they would be fixed by now, but I guess that isn't the case. Lesson learned: read all the technical posts before downloading a demo and wasting time.

Go to: