Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by Christmaswish on Dec 12, 10 8:26 AM
I like this game!
Never wrote on this forum before, but today decided to - I do not understand why so many negative reviews, I have an old computer but the game works perfectly ... has already passed the Wild West. I think no need to insult the game, the developers have made a good work , and do not deserve such bad reviews.

 
mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by mspaws on Dec 12, 10 8:53 AM
I agree!!!!!!!!! Seems to be a bashing session in here today! I really like the game and have purchased it.

Paws

 
BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Dec 12, 10 8:59 AM
Trial only lasted 20 minutes - got through one level/stone.If that's the case the game must not be very long. Objects are a little hard to find in some scenes. Not for me - will not purchase.

 
grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Dec 12, 10 9:04 AM
I posted earlier on a different thread about playing issues but in fairness to the devs, I checked out my video driver for updates...yep that fixed all the issues...did not make those teenie objects bigger or easier to find lol lol lol...but at least game plays. Now that I am playing...finally... I like the game. Some of the objects are toughies but not all. Mini games are not terrible and the story is acceptable. I find the graphics to be quite nice and music though a bit repetitious is not the worst. It's pretty much a straight forward HOG but not a bad game.

 
bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 12, 10 9:06 AM
Thanks for starting up this thread! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it at the top of the Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include a SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

 
lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by lexi4 on Dec 12, 10 9:11 AM
I never should have bothered to download. The music is nerve wrecking. The objects are too small and the story is boring.

 
mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 12, 10 9:12 AM
jewsecretdev wrote:My cursor disappeared during the fuse puzzle and I couldn't escape the scene or the game no matter what I tried. I had to pull the plug to escape. That's as specific as I can get. Better luck in the future.
Dr.good
p.s. was this game ever beta'ed?

I honestly do not know what could be the problem - before release the game we did the tests more than 50 different computers, never before this problem did not arise as you can see on the forum you are the first who has a problem--sorry for this but I have only one suspect that your computer just not compatible with your computer or you have not latest drivers...please update you drivers and start the game with new profile.On more sorry and Thanks.


Passing the buck. Shame, shame on you. Do not blame our computers for the deficiencies in your game. We have played many games that are far more intricate than yours and our computers have measured up or we have fixed them if they did not. So please find someone else to blame.........the developers maybe??

 

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by jewsecretdev on Dec 12, 10 9:16 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:I posted earlier on a different thread about playing issues but in fairness to the devs, I checked out my video driver for updates...yep that fixed all the issues...did not make those teenie objects bigger or easier to find lol lol lol...but at least game plays. Now that I am playing...finally... I like the game. Some of the objects are toughies but not all. Mini games are not terrible and the story is acceptable. I find the graphics to be quite nice and music though a bit repetitious is not the worst. It's pretty much a straight forward HOG but not a bad game.


Thanks, enjoy the game. We as developers tried to make the game enjoyable, we are not trying to cheat someone, simply download a completely free trial and only after that you will be able to personally assess how much you liked the game.
Have a good gaming weekend

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 9:16:29 AM PST


 

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Dec 12, 10 9:18 AM
Welcome to the forum Christmaswish...Thanks for being willing to disagree with the majority of the fishies up to this point. I respect your opinion.

That being said, I have to agree with the majority on this game. To Jewsecretdev... I like the fact that you're reading the posts in this forum and responding to them. On the other hand, you seem more accepting of praise than legitimate complaints. In my opinion you come across as defensive as opposed to contrite. I am well aware that beta testing does not necessarily mean a game will be released bug free. I also realize that a game might, for whatever reason work fine on one computer and poorly on another. It’s happened to me several times, though for the most part the vast majority of the games I’ve downloaded and played on Big Fish have worked fine. To blame a problem on a player’s system is poor decision on your part. I had the exact same problem and my system is completely up to date. I’ve actually had the pleasure of dealing personally with the president of a fairly well known game development company & no, I’m not being facetious. I presented to him a number of concerns after beta testing a game. He was much more sympathetic than you appear to be. I am well aware that this game was designed to be a hidden object game. That does not mean that the objects have to be so miniscule that they are impossible to find nor does it mean that the hint button doesn’t work as well as it should in the dark-(where we had to find the fuses). I like a challenge as much as the next person, but that’s ridiculous. At first, it did not bother me that I finished the sample version with 25 minutes left in my hour was up, but I honestly found myself wishing I had the full hour in order to see if issues continued or improved as the game progressed. As of now I cannot honestly see myself purchasing this game because of 1) cursor, hint, too small objects, etc. and 2) my perception of your attitude towards those that had issues with the game.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 9:52:29 AM PST


 
sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by sinshack on Dec 12, 10 9:25 AM
pjmatt wrote:I played 20 minutes, why say hour if its 20 minutes. I deleted this one .


As noted in earlier posts, it doesn't say anywhere that this is an hour trial - it is a sample of the game. Some people take a whole hour to get through it, others get done faster.

I want to thank the developers for responding within this forum. I realize this is your first effort, and I do see great promise in your product, even though this game is not one I care for. The graphics here were well-drawn and clear, but as I said in an earlier post, I felt a bit cheated that the sides of the screen were narrowed by the burry edges. On a widescreen monitor it would probably be much worse.

It's impossible to please everyone, or even half the gamers, but a few suggestions would be to make the objects big enough to see on a standard laptop (test it in daylight on a 15" screen), don't get too overboard with blackout scenes that require flashlights (they annoy most of us), and have the game proof-read by a native speaker of English, not someone who speaks it as a second language. English is by far the most difficult language on earth, because it borrows from every other language. In Spanish, for example, letters are always pronounced the same way, and spelling and grammer are fairly easy. English, especially American English, uses so many odd spellings that you really need a native speaker to get it straight.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 9:27:49 AM PST


 
bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 12, 10 10:01 AM
I am trying to play this game. It has all kinds of "bugs" in it. I have to click several times to pick up the item I need or the hint button. It froze on the hieroglyphics puzzle. I was going to buy it just it looked like a fun game but not until all the bugs are out.

 
Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 12, 10 10:09 AM
My sample version lasted 22 minutes and I have to say I actually liked the game. My graphics were good, I liked the music and I didn't find the objects too small or too hard to find. Yes, I had blind bat moments and had to use a hint here or there but after the hint indicated where the item was I have to say I just didn't look properly most of the time.
I also like the fact that for the most part it is a straight HOG, sometimes I like to play something without a bunch of other stuff involved.
The mini games I saw were mostly standard and not hard either. I think this makes a good game for someone who starts out with HOGs.
On the language....I have to say English is one of the easiest languages you can learn - and no, it it NOT my native tongue - I see enough grammar and particularly spelling that just makes me cringe. I do prefer British English though. I think it doesn't help with American English that the language over here a lot of times gets rather butchered and abbreviated and people get away with it. So that's my personal opinion on that matter.
Otherwise just give it a try, I had fun

 
bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 12, 10 10:12 AM
doctorgood wrote:
jewsecretdev wrote:My cursor disappeared during the fuse puzzle and I couldn't escape the scene or the game no matter what I tried. I had to pull the plug to escape. That's as specific as I can get. Better luck in the future.
Dr.good
p.s. was this game ever beta'ed?

I honestly do not know what could be the problem - before release the game we did the tests more than 50 different computers, never before this problem did not arise as you can see on the forum you are the first who has a problem--sorry for this but I have only one suspect that your computer just not compatible with your computer or you have not latest drivers...please update you drivers and start the game with new profile.On more sorry and Thanks.

I don't believe I'm the only person with a problem. Have you read all of the other posts in this game forum?
My PC is a vista/home premium 64 bit and everything is up to date . I downloaded the "Dr. Felix" diagnostic tool that BFG offers the free use of just last week. I ran it, sent the results to BFG TS and they advised me that my computer was up to date. I do this periodically since BFG is gracious enough to offer it as a free service to it's members. I am not trying to be argumentative or difficult but please do not try to blame the glitches in your game on my PC.......It is not so.
thanks, Dr.good

 
mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 12, 10 10:13 AM
satexasgirl wrote:Welcome to the forum Christmaswish...Thanks for being willing to disagree with the majority of the fishies up to this point. I respect your opinion.

That being said, I have to agree with the majority on this game. To Jewsecretdev... I like the fact that you're reading the posts in this forum and responding to them. On the other hand, you seem more accepting of praise than legitimate complaints. In my opinion you come across as defensive as opposed to contrite. I am well aware that beta testing does not necessarily mean a game will be released bug free. I also realize that a game might, for whatever reason work fine on one computer and poorly on another. It’s happened to me several times, though for the most part the vast majority of the games I’ve downloaded and played on Big Fish have worked fine. To blame a problem on a player’s system is poor decision on your part. I had the exact same problem and my system is completely up to date. I’ve actually had the pleasure of dealing personally with the president of a fairly well known game development company & no, I’m not being facetious. I presented to him a number of concerns after beta testing a game. He was much more sympathetic than you appear to be. I am well aware that this game was designed to be a hidden object game. That does not mean that the objects have to be so miniscule that they are impossible to find nor does it mean that the hint button doesn’t work as well as it should in the dark-(where we had to find the fuses). I like a challenge as much as the next person, but that’s ridiculous. At first, it did not bother me that I finished the sample version with 25 minutes left in my hour was up, but I honestly found myself wishing I had the full hour in order to see if issues continued or improved as the game progressed. As of now I cannot honestly see myself purchasing this game because of 1) cursor, hint, too small objects, etc. and 2) my perception of your attitude towards those that had issues with the game.


Well said

 
Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by Mimisix on Dec 12, 10 10:14 AM
I tried the game. I frankly found it boring and will not purchase it. I actually like a good challenge in finding the objects and I did not have a problem finding the objects rather quickly. May I say, however, that this is probably due to the fact that I have been playing Chronicles of Albian for the past three days. Talk about small objects! My eyesight is pretty good after having had cataract surgery lol.

I was doing fine with the game 'til I came to the first jigsaw puzzle which I love. I could not get the pieces to move until I had clicked on them a minimum of 5 or more times. That is when I finally gave up. And no, my computer is completely up to date and I never have a problem with any of the games I download (too numerous to count).

I will often read the forum before purchasing a game and I do find that many of the initial comments are negative but I still dl them and try them for myself. That is why we have chocolate and vanilla.

I do have a bit of an issue with the developers attitude. Take it as constructive criticism and maybe be a little less defensive. We all love a good game. This is not.

 
bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 12, 10 10:14 AM
Right on Seahorse! I have had no problems with other games from BF. This has had problems from the start. I am tired of developers blaming our computers and graphic cards for the problems with their games.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 10:15:05 AM PST


 
divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by divaprods on Dec 12, 10 10:31 AM
I really wanted to like this game cuz I love Paris but the second scene did me in. IMHO if the designers want to cheat they make the screens dark rather than use good hidden object techniques. Even w/the flashlight on it was still too dark.
Also, I personally resent the designers answering our posts in the way they did w/ jewsecretdev, A lot of us are very experienced players and quite expert HOG players so instead of getting offended, learn from us. BTW I have a new puter w/windows 7 and a 22" monitor and I turned the brightness all the way up and I still had trouble. If you redo the game w/brighter scenes I'd consider buying it.


 
sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by sunsh on Dec 12, 10 10:54 AM
BF I love your IHOG games an even some HOGs but can't purchase ones with blinding lights and flashing lights as I have epilepsy and theses can put me into a seizure....so I will continue to read the forums comments & reviews before checking a game out. I have to be very careful on what I buy. So far I have been lucky, but don't want to chance it....keep up the good work thou.
Happy gaming fishies...
Sunsh

 
vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 12, 10 11:02 AM
I lasted 2 minutes - it was too bright and garish - I admit I'm spoiled rotten. I know a lot of people want IHOG now, but I love a straight HOG. I get a bit fed up with all the to-ing and fro-ing. But this game certainly wasn't it.

 
joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewelry Secret: Mystery Stones

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 12, 10 11:05 AM
I played my demo thru to the end because I really wanted to like
this game. I love games that take me to different places and
different eras and this looked so promising in that regard.

Unfortunely, after Paris, it was Egypt (again!) and by the end
of the demo I was still using 3 to 5 hints per scene which I
just don't enjoy. Sometimes by using multiple hints in demos
I can kind of catch on to the style of the developer and then
"see" what I wasn't seeing in the beginning. Sad to say
that was not the case with this one. Some items were cleverly
hidden and had that been true for most it would have been a
sure buy. But when my response to hints is "I would never have
seen that", over and over, it's a no buy for me.

 
 
 
 
Go to: