Re:Here are the LOCATIONS of the 10 GOLD INSIGNIAS - SPOILER

[Post New]by Carita286 on Jan 11, 11 2:47 AM
I found that final Gold Insignian piano puzzle. It was piano keays
background.It was so dark place so i didint notes it.

Thanks for help!

Now I have other question. How to I unlock Bonus Game?
Does enyone know?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 11, 11 3:26 PM
The Bonus game is unlocked automatically when you place all 13 skulls in the swamp. When you go on the ships you are playing the bonus game.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Jan 12, 11 12:46 AM
I'll be back! Thanks

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jan 12, 11 7:41 AM
LizzieK wrote:I have posted a video on youtube of how to solve the puzzle of the Coins in the Ugly Fish Fountain and get the Gold Insignia. The moves in the video only work if you solve for the Gold Insignia before you make any changes to the beginning layout of the coins as you enter the puzzle. So you have to solve for the Gold Insignia before you solve the puzzle for the map pieces.

I found all gold insignias except the fish fountain one. In my Case File Book the shape of the coins to receive the stamps,(cross-shape) which I need to get to the finale, is the same as the shape in the crow's nest. I have played this game three times and the placement of the coins never changes. What am I missing?

Here are the LOCATIONS of the 10 GOLD INSIGNIAS - SPOILER

[Post New]by uttermother on Jan 12, 11 5:43 PM
LizzieK wrote:SPOILER - 10 GOLD INSIGNIAS

This list is compiled from other posts in the forums.

Thanks to everyone who posted the
locations as they discovered them.

1. Enter “pippi” as the computer password. The gold insignia will show up on the left mantel.

2. Calling F.T. Fish on payphone in the bar at 737-4410 before you call Lamont or play the Claw Game because the coins will go away. The gold insignia will show up on the wall on the left of the phone.

3. Fish fountain at the front of the house - the pattern is at the crow’s nest on the ship. The pattern is the center spot and the inner most ring. The gold insignia will come out of the mouth of the fish.
(I have posted a video on youtube of how to solve this puzzle.)

4. Plunge the kitchen sink with the plunger before you fix the toilet - clue from the game credits.

5. Play the notes BFG on the piano - clue from the game credits.
B = the white key to the right of the 94 key
F = the white key with 114 on it
G= the white key with 7 on it

6. One is in the margin of your journal, usually around page 20 to 25.

7. Spell out Rowena Spinch on chest lock that is under the mausoleum before you spell out Phineas Crown – clue from the game credits. The gold insignia will show up on the statue on the left.

8. Use the metal detector then dig a hole with the shovel on the footprints in the swamp before you dig up the last coin.

9. Use the can opener on the white can on the shelves to the left of the trap door area under the mausoleum. The can opener is in a H.O.G. at the air conditioner on the side of Cooter’s house.

10. Use the ice pick on the freezer in the gas station. The ice pick in in a H.O.G scene under the mausoleum in the passage.

The H.O.G scenes for the last two (can opener and ice pick) are not triggered until after you place the 13 skulls on the pattern in the alligator's nest in the swamp.

Here are the LOCATIONS of the 10 GOLD INSIGNIAS - SPOILER

[Post New]by uttermother on Jan 12, 11 5:47 PM
uttermother wrote:
LizzieK wrote:SPOILER - 10 GOLD INSIGNIAS

This list is compiled from other posts in the forums.

Thanks to everyone who posted the
locations as they discovered them.

1. Enter “pippi” as the computer password. The gold insignia will show up on the left mantel.

2. Calling F.T. Fish on payphone in the bar at 737-4410 before you call Lamont or play the Claw Game because the coins will go away. The gold insignia will show up on the wall on the left of the phone.

3. Fish fountain at the front of the house - the pattern is at the crow’s nest on the ship. The pattern is the center spot and the inner most ring. The gold insignia will come out of the mouth of the fish.
(I have posted a video on youtube of how to solve this puzzle.)

4. Plunge the kitchen sink with the plunger before you fix the toilet - clue from the game credits.

5. Play the notes BFG on the piano - clue from the game credits.
B = the white key to the right of the 94 key
F = the white key with 114 on it
G= the white key with 7 on it

6. One is in the margin of your journal, usually around page 20 to 25.

7. Spell out Rowena Spinch on chest lock that is under the mausoleum before you spell out Phineas Crown – clue from the game credits. The gold insignia will show up on the statue on the left.

8. Use the metal detector then dig a hole with the shovel on the footprints in the swamp before you dig up the last coin.

9. Use the can opener on the white can on the shelves to the left of the trap door area under the mausoleum. The can opener is in a H.O.G. at the air conditioner on the side of Cooter’s house.

10. Use the ice pick on the freezer in the gas station. The ice pick in in a H.O.G scene under the mausoleum in the passage.

The H.O.G scenes for the last two (can opener and ice pick) are not triggered until after you place the 13 skulls on the pattern in the alligator's nest in the swamp.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 12, 11 5:48 PM
bluesinew wrote:
LizzieK wrote:I have posted a video on youtube of how to solve the puzzle of the Coins in the Ugly Fish Fountain and get the Gold Insignia. The moves in the video only work if you solve for the Gold Insignia before you make any changes to the beginning layout of the coins as you enter the puzzle. So you have to solve for the Gold Insignia before you solve the puzzle for the map pieces.

I found all gold insignias except the fish fountain one. In my Case File Book the shape of the coins to receive the stamps,(cross-shape) which I need to get to the finale, is the same as the shape in the crow's nest. I have played this game three times and the placement of the coins never changes. What am I missing?
You are correct. The shape that you end up with to get the gold insignia is the same for every game.

Edited on 01/12/2011 at 5:54:27 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 12, 11 5:52 PM
To see the video of the Fish Fountain coin puzzle you can search on youtube for:

Mystery Case Files 13th Skull Fish Fountain Coin Puzzle Gold Insignia Solution Walkthrough

Good luck!

[Post New]by uttermother on Jan 12, 11 5:53 PM
Lizziek where is your video on YouTube I can not find it? I need to know how to ling up the coins on the BigFish fountain . I loved the game but there is not hints about the 10 gold insignias .

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 12, 11 5:55 PM
uttermother wrote:Lizziek where is your video on YouTube I can not find it? I need to know how to ling up the coins on the BigFish fountain . I loved the game but there is not hints about the 10 gold insignias .
I sent you a PM with the link about 15 minutes ago. Look at your messages.

Good luck!

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jan 12, 11 8:38 PM
How can you solve the puzzle for the gold coin before the solving it for the map pieces, when the format is exactly the same? When I solve the puzzle based on the charcoal sketch (cross shape) the stamps for the map comes out of the fishes mouth not the gold coin. I can't skip the fountain because I need the map pieces to open the mines to get the skulls. Is the rotation of the dial based on making select moves and not the end result?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 13, 11 2:07 PM
bluesinew wrote:How can you solve the puzzle for the gold coin before the solving it for the map pieces, when the format is exactly the same? When I solve the puzzle based on the charcoal sketch (cross shape) the stamps for the map comes out of the fishes mouth not the gold coin. I can't skip the fountain because I need the map pieces to open the mines to get the skulls. Is the rotation of the dial based on making select moves and not the end result?

The rotation of the dial is based on the end result. It does not matter how you solve it.

But several people have not been able to solve it and they asked for a video. I created a step by step video of how to solve for the puzzle pattern that is shown in the crow's nest to get the gold insignia. In order to follow the step by step video you have to start with the puzzle in the same beginning layout that I have in the video. You don't have to solve it that way. The video is only to help people who want to see the process of solving it.

The game will allow you to solve for the pattern on the crow's nest first then solve for the pattern that is on the wall in the cellar of the tavern. The two patterns are silghtly different. You don't have to solve them in that order. You can solve them in the order that is best for you.

Edited on 01/13/2011 at 2:13:34 PM PST

[Post New]by michtom on Jan 14, 11 6:39 AM
I will admit I looked at the spoiler to help me with the gold insignias and in doing so I realized how each of them could have been found without "cheating" EXCEPT the phone number. Where did the FT Fish phone number come from?? I never saw it in the game, I used the number from the spoiler and it worked but I'm just curious where it was in the game. Can someone tell me please??

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 14, 11 9:36 AM
michtom wrote:I will admit I looked at the spoiler to help me with the gold insignias and in doing so I realized how each of them could have been found without "cheating" EXCEPT the phone number. Where did the FT Fish phone number come from?? I never saw it in the game, I used the number from the spoiler and it worked but I'm just curious where it was in the game. Can someone tell me please??
In the study (the room you accessed with the rope) there is a handkerchief on the right, I think the number was on there.

[Post New]by michtom on Jan 14, 11 10:09 AM
Thank you WilJul. When I play it again I will look for it there. Can you (or someone) answer another question I have, what are the eggs that some on these blogs are referring to? (In reference that the gold insignias are like the eggs from some other game?) What game?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 14, 11 12:37 PM
michtom wrote:Thank you WilJul. When I play it again I will look for it there. Can you (or someone) answer another question I have, what are the eggs that some on these blogs are referring to? (In reference that the gold insignias are like the eggs from some other game?) What game?
Hi michtom! You are so very welcome! Easter eggs aren't from another specific game, but can be found in many games, movies and TV shows. They're kind of just like little bonuses for fans. I found a site that describes them this way (by the way it references one of my favorite movies!):

According to Wikipedia, the name Easter egg comes from Dan O'Bannon's horror spoof, Return of the Living Dead. In the film, a container of zombies goes missing and is referred to--in code--as an "Easter egg." Of course, the name is more obviously derived from "Easter egg hunt" fame, where Easter-celebrating-children are made to search through an established area (usually the yard) for dyed hard-boiled eggs or plastic eggs filled with candy. Generally (in video games at least) Easter eggs are a reward, not a punishment, although they range from hidden files to secret rooms and often break character from the game, making reference to the developer or to the notion of the Easter egg itself. It's important to distinguish Easter eggs from cheats, since the former represent additional content. However, they're usually superfluous to gameplay. Cheats like the famous "Justin Bailey" code from Metroid may be as notorious as some of the more notable Easter eggs, but they serve a specific function, such as skipping gameplay levels or invoking invincibility. We define Easter eggs as hidden properties of games that can be revealed by button combinations or by accessing remote areas in the game or on the disc itself.

[Post New]by michtom on Jan 14, 11 2:09 PM
Once again, Thank You!, WilJul. That sure helped a lot. I have loved these games for a long time and just recently discovered the forum section where other fans can discuss what's going on and get help. I sure wish I knew about these forums when I was plugging through the first Ravenhurst all on my own.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jan 16, 11 11:05 AM
I can't believe it... I found all 10 of the gold insignias. I was having problems finding the one in the fish fountain, and when I was about to give up I went back to the crow's nest to look at the formation one more time. It must of been an optical illusion, however I was placing the objects in the right formation, however in the wrong circles... if that makes any sense. Anyway... I did it!!!! thanks to the patience of a LOT of people.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 16, 11 1:53 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

oo o bluesinews

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts