lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soap Opera Dash

[Post New]by lovemybook on Dec 17, 10 8:04 AM
Like this very much. It reminds me of the first cooking dash games - a little twist. I didn't think I would, because I don't like the Sally Salon games, but I do like this one. I did buy it.

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Soap Opera Dash

[Post New]by Yetses on Dec 17, 10 2:01 PM
Very nice game -graphics are impeccable, as we have come to expect from the Dash series- nice story. I just finished playing it for the first time -the difficulty definitely increases after level 19 or so. Will continue to play and try to get expert as I am pretty sure there must be bonus levels...

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 17, 10 7:12 PM
The graphics are straight Dash. Cute and fun. The gameplay is similar to many of the other Dash games. Save that you have to get the actors their scripts, makeup, hair, and wardrobe. Not to mention their tea and hamburgers. I was rather put off by this installment from the Dash creators. The game is good, not great and the poor writer is running her feet off. I guess I felt there could have been more, what I am not sure, but something.

This game is a B-.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 21, 10 4:12 PM
I liked this game a lot. I didn't want to post a review until I finished the game, because I initially loved the last Wedding Dash game, but got stuck somewhere on the last level and never was able to finish. The best news about this game is that it is definitely finishable. There are no next-to-impossible levels, like there were in the last Wedding Dash. I really liked seeing all the characters. My only tiny complaint is the character of Rosie. She's very cute, but wasn't Rosie the annoying woman who was always bawling about her dog in the Wedding Dash games? This may be a different Rosie, though. I haven't played all the games.

I thought this was a very fun time management game. I think other posters have it right when they say that this game is like a combo of Diner Dash and Sally's Salon. If you like those two games (and I do!), I think you'll like this.

percy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by percy on Dec 21, 10 4:20 PM
i LIKE THE GAME IF I COULD GET THE STAR OFF HIS CHAIR TO GO INTO THE SOAP OPERA SCENE. DON'T KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG.

[Post New]by meb4games_r_u on Dec 21, 10 4:40 PM
I downloaded it many times to see if I would like it but never got to play. The play button would light up but that was all. I tried everything I could think of to fix the problem to no success. Then my trial time ran out . I would buy it but I'm sure the problem will still be there. Too bad because I really love all the dash games and I'm sure I would have loved this also.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 21, 10 9:21 PM
meb4games_r_umeb4games_r_u, if you really want to play the game and can't, you could contact technical support. Just click on the green envelope on the right side of the screen (you'll have to scroll up).

i LIKE THE GAME IF I COULD GET THE STAR OFF HIS CHAIR TO GO INTO THE SOAP OPERA SCENE. DON'T KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG.

Sometimes the star will sit there for a very long time before going into a scene. Luckily, there is only one star in any single level. You aren't doing anything wrong; he'll go when his scene begins. I finally figured out that you can see the actors in any given scene across the top bar of the screen. That's one thing about this game that is a little weak. The tutorial is not great. I should not have to figure out for myself what the top bar is for. Only just now I realized that it also shows the actors in the next scene, after your current one is done.

[Post New]by princesslinzi on Dec 23, 10 2:44 PM
How does the mini game happen? I can't seem to find it and always get an X by the judge who wants me to play it really confused x

drdivva
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by drdivva on Dec 23, 10 11:15 PM
The star chair is just not moving and the scene does not start. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and it is not working. HELP!!

[Post New]by studpoet on Dec 27, 10 4:55 PM
I'm trying to figure out the minigame system. any help with this? it keeps saying that i'm not getting them but if they are the makeup and hair minigames then they aren't being triggered when i play.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Dec 31, 10 8:48 PM
i was really hoping to enjoy this game a lot more but...i'm not.

the pros: cute graphics you would expect from a Dash series game, cute storyline, new and interesting ideas for a Dash game (although obviously borrowed from other successful spa/salon type TM games).

the cons: easy to start and then gets hard suddenly. there's just a lack of something here. imo the game just didn't have the flow and timing of other Dash games, it just felt really rough to play at some points. i have enjoyed games like sallys spa/salon but it seems like the creators were trying to mix diner dash and sally spa/salon and ended up with a game that feels like a slog to get thru (not necessarily hard but...like actual work). even when it's easy it's still almost chore-ish or something. i think part of that is the fact that your character has to do everything and honestly the most annoying part for me was placing set pieces that sometimes didn't stay on stage because i was a tiny bit outside of the outline which = annoying. i also didn't really care for the mini games, they just seemed to drag down the pace and weren't terribly clever. i kept thinking can't Hal walk to the camera by himself and fix broken things without me pointing them out? can't the set cleaner put the stuff for the next scene on the stage? i'm doing hair, make-up, wardrobe, handing out scripts, serving tea and if i didn't buy Cookie for the scene then i'm making hamburgers too! i've had real jobs that required less commitment from me than this game did, lol.

i see potential for this addition to the series and i hope the creators clean it up a bit and get that Dash style pacing in to the game that i've enjoyed so much with the others. i wouldn't buy a second installment if those things weren't addressed. this game gets a B- from me.

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 8:57:08 PM PST

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 1, 11 10:36 AM
I really liked this game. I just don't think I want to pay full price for it. I would rather get it on sale.
I had some problems with mouse movements. This may have been an operator error. Also it may have had to do with the fact I am using a touch pad instead of an actual mouse.
I skipped the tutorial bubbles because they were so annoying and slowing me down. You can pretty much figure out what you need to do.

[Post New]by nathdarce on Jan 6, 11 10:16 AM
hello, I'm a Franch fans of dash games, and I am a bit disapointed by this game. it is not thrilling, i don't get any suspense and mini games are a bit boring. I thought the last born game would be as interesting as wadding dash 4 ou cooking dash trhills but anyway i will keep an eye on the dash games_

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 10, 11 6:46 PM
Haven't you done enough with the Dash line of story. Why don't you find another line. I quite playing them after the third. I just a story and is repeated over & over again. Great for children and they should have their own site.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 10, 11 9:34 PM
i find myself in quite a minority...

see, i like the diner spin-offs - like this one - but i never really got into the actual 'diner dash' games... yeah, weird! but anyway...

i'm intrigued by the concept of the diner team creating its own soap opera, having been raised by a tried and true Y&R devotee - god bless the DVR, right? i'm not sure, though, what they think makes for an interesting plot twist, what works for on-screen chemistry... i'm sure bernie is a terrific writer, but i'd feel a lot better about it all if i could watch some of these scenes i've been shooting...

the first season was on the easy side once i got the hang of what i was doing... so i'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for this rag-tag team - i also think this might be a useful distraction on a very long train ride i have planned

happy cheating and scheming and plot twists!

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Jan 11, 11 1:41 AM
Overall, I like this game, except for something no one else has mentioned in this thread.

My major gripe is with the fans. Firstly, there will be levels where a judge wants 2-3 happy fans, and only 1 fan shows up during the entire level, so you can't get that bonus point. When the fans do show up, their speech/thought bubble has one of the actors' faces in it. Okay, BUT by the time they show up, the actor has usually been through hair and makeup and no longer looks like the image in the bubble. I've wasted so much time and lost autograph opportunities dragging fans to wrong actor after wrong actor.

[Post New]by bfgmermaid on Jan 23, 11 9:20 PM
My fav genre is TM games and I'm quite picky about the ones I spend my credits on or buy. While I like many of the Dash games, I was afraid this one was going to be repeative as some have been in the past. I found this one to be very different! The game definitely gets more challanging as you increase in levels...so really kept me entertained! I did like seeing some familiar characters however the storyline was a new change.

A definite buy!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 24, 11 10:49 PM
It's a pretty good game with a LOT to do, and lots of bonus-type features. There's a couple of fundamental things about this game that bug me though - the main one being that once your people are modified in appearance, it is VERY hard to track them to know who is wanted on stage at the moment or even who the fans want to see. Also, there is extra busy work such as moving Hal the camera man into place or repeatedly adding the props that make things a little over the top. However, I do enjoy the variety of tasks you perform and I do think it is cool in theory that the appearances change as you send people through wardrobe, makeup, etc. It's a challenging game but is hard to really get a frantic feel just by virtue of mixture of dragging & clicking involved. I think more one-step clicking would have made this game much more fast paced. Also, small things like the clicking the "done" button at the bottom of the window (which is slightly out of range when you're moving quickly) disturbs the flow of the game. I beta'd this game and see they really didn't take just about any valid constructive criticism into consideration before releasing. It's a shame because this game really comes close to being awesome but instead falls back to just "a good game". Still, a lot of originality, bonus challenges and extra features make it worth trying and playing.

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Mar 14, 11 11:51 AM
I was disappointed by this game at first as it seemed to be trial and error for if you got the extra tasks done. However once I got further into the game I started to enjoy it. It was tricky but fun.
Only 3 stars for me though (or in my case hearts)

delarosa2
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Soap Opera Dash

[Post New]by delarosa2 on Mar 19, 11 10:22 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Soap Opera Dash? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: