JLB388
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

doesn't work

[Post New]by JLB388 on Dec 17, 10 9:05 PM
Game loaded but won't do anything. The only button that works is the "more games
". Play game, options, help....none of them work.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post any Soap Opera Dash technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovemybook on Dec 17, 10 10:30 PM
Love the game, but had to stop because the tribal mask will not go on the wall. I see other people having the same problem. No matter how carefully I try to align it, it will not stick.

Nawila
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Nawila on Dec 18, 10 4:01 AM
CandiandMike wrote:The game downloads but you can't play the game. Once it's on the main screen you can't select "Play Game", "Help", "Options" or anything. You have to Ctrl,Alt,Del.

SAME PROBLEM!! REALLY TICKED

Game Not Working

[Post New]by Ethbay on Dec 19, 10 4:33 AM
Just a reminder to anyone having trouble loading the game (crashes, etc.). Make sure that, if you use Firefox, your browser is closed. Just an idea, actually. It worked for me.

[Post New]by julie3008 on Dec 19, 10 10:29 PM
govegril wrote:The game cra

shed with access violation halway through level 48!

I get this too on several different levels. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. and once i get that access violation i can't play any further.

[Post New]by bev1971 on Dec 21, 10 2:51 AM
I have played the whole game on my mac with the exception of the last bonus level. Every time I play it crashes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still does not work.

Fans & Mini-Games

[Post New]by mimblewimble on Dec 21, 10 2:11 PM
Ethbay wrote:At the end of a lot of my levels, I don't get credit from the judges for placing fans and playing mini-games. Now, it's not that I'm not getting credit--I'm not GETTING any fans or mini-games. I'll go through a level without ANY mini-games (especially the earlier/mid-game levels). If a mini-game isn't popping up, why would I be penalized by the judges for not playing one? Is it me?

Me too

cielle1
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by cielle1 on Dec 21, 10 2:18 PM
bev1971 wrote:I have played the whole game on my mac with the exception of the last bonus level. Every time I play it crashes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still does not work.

Pretty same here...completed the whole game without any issues, the game works fine except for the bonus level #8 crashing due to access violation.

edit: i have a desktop pc with w7. directx, videocard... everything updated

Edited on 12/21/2010 at 4:14:42 PM PST

[Post New]by vonbardsley on Dec 21, 10 5:45 PM
betz_k wrote:In the level with the art, the tribal mask (prop) will not go on the wall.

Your not the only one, It does and then it dosn't, you think they would properly test these game issues before selling a product eh.

[Post New]by slclynn on Dec 21, 10 8:42 PM
Nawila wrote:
CandiandMike wrote:The game downloads but you can't play the game. Once it's on the main screen you can't select "Play Game", "Help", "Options" or anything. You have to Ctrl,Alt,Del.

Same problem here. Have clicked the green envelope and check tech questions. Everything in order on my computer. I bought this without a trial as I really like the Dash games, big mistake. Would love to play this game but at this point just want a refund.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 22, 10 11:30 AM
I too cannot get the game to play. First few times it froze. Then when I finally got it to start playing, I got an access violation as well.
Considering you only get 60 free minutes to try the game and most of mine were wasted with the game freezing, I guess I won't be buying the game. This is a disappointment to be coming from Playfirst.
I wonder if it might be because I am still using Windows XP. Not everyone can afford to run out and get the new Windows. I think the developers should have made sure it was playable before it was released to the general public.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Dec 22, 10 1:57 PM
Hi everyone!

If you're running into any trouble with Soap Opera Dash I'd recommend checking out our Help pages.

These help articles in particular may come in handy:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you continue to have any trouble, please contact Customer Support. Just let them know what you're experiencing and which steps you've already tried and they'll be happy to help further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages. If these haven't helped, your question can be submitted from here.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by lolanola on Dec 23, 10 3:40 PM
Getting the Access Violation in one of the last bonus rounds. Very annoying, I will look at the link shortly.

As far as the mask and the telephone, the trick I used which seems to work is don't bother trying to get it precise, you will be there all day. Move the object rather to the left, in the middle of the stage and let it go, it will fly to where it should be automatically. Also worked for another prop I can't remember which but it was on the left hand side, basically just put the prop more in the middle of the stage and it will fly where it should. Really bad testing on this one, I agree.

[Post New]by loopynemo75 on Dec 24, 10 9:10 AM
Nawila wrote:

Same for me - has anyone got an answer for this?

[Post New]by kl12345 on Dec 26, 10 11:10 AM
If you place the mask just a little below and to the left it will stick.

drdivva
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by drdivva on Dec 27, 10 1:39 AM
Please tell me how to move the parking dude from the star chair. It is really annoying.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Jan 5, 11 5:20 AM
gtagta wrote:And "props" freeze [can't be moved].

Rarely, can't move actors to makeup, hair salon, etc,

I am having trouble with the wall telephone and the chalkboard props not being able to be moved into place. It seems they are in the same position on stage. All I do to get around that until a fix is restart and get different props.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Jan 5, 11 6:13 PM
bookwriter wrote:
gtagta wrote:And "props" freeze [can't be moved].

Rarely, can't move actors to makeup, hair salon, etc,

I am having trouble with the wall telephone and the chalkboard props not being able to be moved into place. It seems they are in the same position on stage. All I do to get around that until a fix is restart and get different props.

Also on episode 43, I can't put the face mask on the wall. Was almost at the end and had to start all over to get different props.

[Post New]by WenWen on Jan 6, 11 6:15 AM
Why I can't play this game??

[Post New]by vonbardsley on Jan 9, 11 6:40 AM
lovemybook wrote:Love the game, but had to stop because the tribal mask will not go on the wall. I see other people having the same problem. No matter how carefully I try to align it, it will not stick.

the only way i have found to solve this, is to exit the level and restart it and it will be hopefully a different scene. Hope this helps

Go to: