puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Slingo Mystery 2: The Golden Escape

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 15, 10 9:54 PM
I've had several games in the past that addressed me by first name as welcome and player but never name of computer. That bothers me too.

But my name is not the name of my computer. Maybe a user or admin, who the pc is registered to. Was going to change my pc's name anyway to Clunker. But bought it some new RAM for Christmas and maybe now to LastChance.

drgood, mine is a HewPac too so won't try your pc name, probably say "Name already taken" then we can get paranoid LOL

Edited on 12/15/2010 at 9:57:41 PM PST

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Dec 15, 10 10:36 PM
This game was cute, but talk about hand holding. Even on hard mode there is very little challenge as it tells you what to do step by step. Also for something called Slingo Mystery, there is very little slingo playing. Undecided if I want to use a game credit on it or not.

[Post New]by juanitaperez on Dec 16, 10 12:43 AM
same problem the game can't loaded

kavdek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kavdek on Dec 16, 10 5:35 AM
Thanks dialogue!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Dec 16, 10 7:21 AM
I enjoyed the demo time it gave us. I have all the Slingo games and love them. However, I'm kind of worried about this one. When it said to purchase to enjoy more I was thinking wow that was really short. I must have played longer than I thought. I still had 40 minutes of game play for the hour. If I finish the rest of the game in the same length of time that's a 40 minute game.

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Dec 16, 10 9:43 AM
the site of the 1st word of this game has changed their reg. online games & eliminated MANY previous games. Were going to upgrade the online and d/l sites but it's been over 1 year (at least). Members (free) left in droves with the various glitches and it still isn't working well.
--Having said that, I had "won" several of their d//l games; some were boring tho I liked S Quest Hawaii but not replayable for me. The online game page a SO annoying and filled w/ stupid ads; but that's a different.tale.. LOL
---Right now, I only can sometimes share this here lousy, little notebook. So even I'd want to trial this, I couldn't cause it has almost no memory/RAM/ROM/whatever to be able to.

Folks who llike this,Hope you have agreat time playing!
ss to be so lengthy and to typo so much HAGD w/ tons o' fun.
xox Kissy

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Dec 16, 10 11:33 AM
I always read these reviews at work and decide what I'm going to download when I get home. My first thought - it enters my name automatically? Oh, no, don't like that at all. Second thought - I'm not too enamored of hand-holding. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I like a challenge when I'm playing these games - makes them last longer, and makes them much more interesting for me. That being said, I might demo, but first want to download Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny, and based on those reviews, it might take me quite some time!

Gail

Happy Holidays to All!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 16, 10 11:48 AM
I'm enjoying this game a lot and bought it immediately after the demo. Perhaps I'm enjoying it more because I haven't tried the first one. I think the name turned me off and I didn't even try it. I was getting bored and thought what the heck I'll try it when I saw it and am glad I did. I think when I finish I'll try the first one as well.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 17, 10 5:49 AM
Hello all.

When I read about this game first I wasn't too impressed, but for some reason I downloaded the first one tried it, loved it & got hooked.

So of course I got this one after LOL. It is not so good as the first IMHO but has so many redeeming features is is a hit.

Yes, the hand holding is excessive & unecessary but doesn't really spoil the game as many hof the objects to find are so easy, it is just part & play of the game.

On the other hand some of the objects were so terribly difficult to find, it was like playing hunt the curser. I was annoyed at first but then came to realise this is just a different take on playing Hidden Object games. Strange but different & yet good.

So now I am totally hooked on Slingo, a game I had never even heard of before.

I expect the next sequal will be an instant buy for me & I can not wait.

Festive greetings to you all !!!

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Dec 17, 10 12:03 PM
This is a game you either love or hate I guess. Not much in between. I played the demo and purchased with a free credit. Loved the first one, and am enjoying this one. The voice overs are really cheesy, but funny at the same time. Like watching an old B movie just for the entertainment of the crappiness The stuff is usually really easy to find since they stand out for the most part. What keeps me going is that search for the slingo machines. It is like a mini treasure hunt for me. When one pops up I get all excited. Stupid, yes, but fun at any rate. This is nice and relaxed and fun for an afternoon where you just don't want to tax your brain too much. This is also good for younger kids I think, since it isn't overly difficult to get the hang of. It will get recycled a few times I am sure as I have five kids. Music is nice so no need to shut off sound. (A very nice change!) Fun graphics and many places to explore. I would give the game a B+ !

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on Dec 18, 10 9:52 AM
Great. I love the graphic style and the slingo games are fun. I'm a big fan of this whole series. This one is arguably not as good as the "Who's Gold" one. Maggie is less attractive looking, to me. But I still highly recommend this game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 18, 10 12:15 PM
Well, I must have missed something, because I had to enter my own name. It had someone else's name up, plus, I could change it if I wanted to. Played to chapter 27 and am stuck on that danged Slingo machine. Can't seem to get the 800,000 points I need to continue. Should have a skip button but doesn't. I have played this scene so many times I play it in my sleep! Very frustrating and am ready to give it up and move on to another game. Was okay until now.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Dec 24, 10 3:17 PM
It's an OK game. I've played way better games. I got really sick of playing slingo - there is NO skip button. After playing several hours, I just wanted the game to be over.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 1, 11 6:09 AM
Loved the Demo of this game, I was never bored for a second, This game is refreshing to play, very relaxed game..This game is a keeper, I will be buying..
Graphics are nice music is nice..Just a wonderful game..I give this game 5 stars.. and a thumbs up..
Happy New Year! BFG's and Fishes in the pond..

[Post New]by nigeltkatt on Jan 9, 11 1:42 PM
I'm another one who didn't care for the "new" Maggie. Don't get me wrong, the game was wonderful in every aspect (except there were some scenes where one or two objects were just impossible to find and I had to sink to using a hint), but the voices were mostly irritating.

In the first version Maggie was more determined; here she's more breathless bimbo. In the first installation she's a justice-seeking ex-wife, here, she's a Lara Croft wannabe. The storyline had me disappointed for about the first half. The motivation just seemed wrong. Then, like the first installation, it turned around into a race against "time" for the herorine (breathless ponderings, skin-tight clothes and all). I realize this is just nitpicking, but there really wasn't anything bad to say about the game. Game play time, challenges, and variety made me feel like was getting good value for my $6.99. I'm sure I'll re-download it and replay it many times in the future.

Looking forward to the next installation.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 3, 11 4:59 AM
Usually when I purchase a game, I play it all the way through, to the end, not the case with this game.
I just finished it today, for me it was just ok, didn't knock my socks off, with excitement, it was just missing something, a wow factor.
I really enjoyed the first slingo game a lot more, can't quit put my finger on what it was with this one.
I never gave up when playing any of the slingo machines, the 800,000 point one took about 5 try's, but than I got it, and I did fine with the others also.
This is not a bad game, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't my cup of tea, I guess.
So for those of you that enjoyed it, happy gaming, if I want to play a slingo game, I'll replay the first one.

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Feb 5, 11 5:47 AM
There are a couple other threads that carry my biggest complaints about this game, but since my complaints are also my review, I feel they really need to go here.

I loved the first Slingo game, so was very interested in getting this game when it showed up. I played through the demo portion very quickly, but if I'd known then that the last couple chapters were going to have such nearly impossible Slingo points to achieve to move on, I would never have purchased this game. I have better things to do with my time than play Slingo over and over and over and over and over (etc., etc., etc.) trying to get 700,000 to 800,000 points just to move on in the game. I still haven't achieved this goal for 700,000 and probably never will because I'm not playing it any more. Like most, it frustrates me that when I do try to quit and save, it doesn't save at the point where you start playing Slingo, but at the beginning of the chapter and I have to replay that part (5-10 minutes depending on how well my computer's acting) before I can get to the Slingo machine. BOOOOOOOOOOOO on the developers for doing such stuff. And thumbs down on the extremely high points needed to get past the last two (or are they the last two, I'll never know) Slingo machines. I can say with utmost confidence that I will NOT buy any more Slingo games.

merediffy
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by merediffy on Sep 4, 11 6:01 PM
I really enjoyed the first one, so I knew this one would be fun also. So much different than the usual HOG. I'll play both of them over and over again.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 5, 12 7:30 AM
I enjoyed the first game and this ones was as much fun, I love the mix of slingo and HOG.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Jun 24, 12 4:29 PM
I thought this was going to be a Slingo game but it isn't really. It's more of an Adventure/Puzzle/Hidden Object. Big disappointment. I really like the Slingo games but this one had a couple of Slingos in the demo but that was it. So, no buy for me. If you like that type of game, great.

Go to: