mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 10:38 AM
sinshack wrote:I'm downloading the purchased game right now - I expect it will take quite a long time, since the demo took about 45 minutes this morning.

This game might not be for everyone, but I think I will really enjoy it.
I expect to rely heavily on the walkthrough, though, because I am not intuitive enough to play Adventure games without a lot of help! But the stunning graphics and crisp, sharp scenes will make the game more enjoyable for me, and I even left the music on softly in the background - I usually shut it off within minutes of starting a game. I like the perspective of the game the most - I can't play those Adventure games that have the player looking down from above, moving little blips that are supposed to be people around on a map-like game board.

Happy gaming, everyone!

I have been playing Adventure games for a long time and still require a walkthrough. I am in awe of anyone who can play these games without a walkthrough.

popsicle4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by popsicle4 on Dec 16, 10 11:03 AM
Found the opening very long winded and boring - could not work out what I was supposed to be doing - kept going for about 10 minutes then gave up and deleted game.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 16, 10 11:46 AM
Love this game! Definitely my cup of tea in adventure gaming. No hand holding, while utilizing logic solving skills remains dominant. Loved the last one, and this one looks even better. Great story line, graphics, cut scenes, etc. Played the demo, and got to the theatre, before the trial ended, and now downloading the purchased version. Can't wait until it is finished. It is a very large file game, so, to all who purchase, just make sure you have ample hard drive space available. And as others have already mentioned, there are no voice overs until after the purchased demo has been made, which I am looking forward to. This will be a great game to enjoy, over the snowy weekend ahead.

Addendum: I did have to restart my computer, in order for it to get the game starting correctly. Could be the DX thing... I don't know, but I have been playing the game without problems now. Some folks may not have to restart their computer after downloading the game, after purchase, but I did. Hope that helps some.

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 8:39:28 PM PST

pbrant
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by pbrant on Dec 16, 10 12:08 PM
downloaded file ok, but when I clicked on icon to play box came up saying dll file missing. Not sure what to do but would like to try the game out??

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 16, 10 12:29 PM
mhatfie wrote:
sinshack wrote:I'm downloading the purchased game right now - I expect it will take quite a long time, since the demo took about 45 minutes this morning.

I expect to rely heavily on the walkthrough, though, because I am not intuitive enough to play Adventure games without a lot of help! But the stunning graphics and crisp, sharp scenes will make the game more enjoyable for me, and I even left the music on softly in the background - I usually shut it off within minutes of starting a game. I like the perspective of the game the most - I can't play those Adventure games that have the player looking down from above, moving little blips that are supposed to be people around on a map-like game board.

Happy gaming, everyone!

I have been playing Adventure games for a long time and still require a walkthrough. I am in awe of anyone who can play these games without a walkthrough.

let me know if you guys can exit using windows icon on your keyboard.when i did to check the wt when i tred to click on the wt the game just popped back up, main reason its a no buy for me. i dont want to have to exit from the game whenever i need help

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 12:41 PM
bella81762 wrote:
mhatfie wrote:

Happy gaming, everyone!

let me know if you guys can exit using windows icon on your keyboard.when i did to check the wt when i tred to click on the wt the game just popped back up, main reason its a no buy for me. i dont want to have to exit from the game whenever i need help

[removed by moderator] site has a good walkthrough to print out by MaGtRo (they are the best)

Edited on 12/16/2010 at 2:04:08 PM PST

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Dec 16, 10 12:52 PM
Can someone tell me in simple terms how to go to the walkthrough without leaving a game. I have always gone all the way out and am most annoyed at doing that and would love to know an easier way.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 16, 10 12:54 PM

"Being thrown in the deep end of the pool is only fun if you
already know how to swim"

That's how I learned to swim

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Dec 16, 10 1:09 PM
angelfishsb wrote:Can someone tell me in simple terms how to go to the walkthrough without leaving a game. I have always gone all the way out and am most annoyed at doing that and would love to know an easier way.

Have the walkthrough page up on your computer. When the game is in progress and you wish to refer to the walkthrough, hold the ALT button and press Tab.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Dec 16, 10 1:10 PM
This is an excellent adventure game. Have played all the previous ones and
loved them also. Just bought it from BF. But I have a QUESTION. I have been
talking to the bartender but cannot get him to give me a drop of oil. She just
says:"I don't feel like talking right now" Have followed the WT to the letter.
Could someone help me? My sound dialogue works just fine.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 16, 10 1:10 PM
angelfishsb wrote:Can someone tell me in simple terms how to go to the walkthrough without leaving a game. I have always gone all the way out and am most annoyed at doing that and would love to know an easier way.

hi angel, normally you can just hit the windows logoo on your keyboard, it minimizes the game and then you can look at a webpage walkthru, this game wont allow me to do that though, when i try to click on any icons in the tray, explorer, volume,, anything, the game just comes back up

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Dec 16, 10 1:15 PM
darkdisciple1313,
Well said - I agree!
SnowMeow (Caif.)

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Dec 16, 10 1:22 PM
Thanks emiller and bella (love that name). I didn't even know that the windows logo key even did anything. I am afraid I am a 'DUH' when it comes to a lot of things about computers. I just like to play games. I am afraid this one may be a bit too difficult for me. I will finish the demo time but doubt that I will buy. Thanks again for your help.

[Post New]by case_closed on Dec 16, 10 1:36 PM
With all games, I've always been able to toggle from game to walkthrough, by making a simple up or down volumn adjustment on my computer.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Dec 16, 10 1:43 PM
me too case, with this one when i try to switch, the game just pops back up when i put my mouse cursor anywhere

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Dec 16, 10 4:08 PM
help Please.
I love adventure games and would really like to buy this one but I got completely stuck in the demo and when I went to the walkthrough couldn't do what it was telling me.
SPOILER ALERT
I had the box & opened it with the file. But when I tried to take the bulb and the bolt there was a flash and apparent replay of the opening shots and after that I couldn't get the bolt or the bulb out of the box. The walkthrough says to put the rusty bolt into the glass of water with the pills but it just won't go. Am I using the wrong controls or do I have a glitch. other gamers have obviously got way past this point so I don't think it can be the game.
I've looked at 2 different walkthroughs but neither mentions the cut scene and both just tell me to "take the bulb & the bolt"
Any help would be much appreciated since I have now run out of time on the demo & don't want to buy unless I'm sure I can continue playing.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 16, 10 4:12 PM
Phew!! This download was a piece of work. Finally, finally it is playable. Just have to hope it has no glitches, seems like many people are experiencing problems. Hope they get it resolved.

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Dec 16, 10 4:16 PM
I enjoyed the last "Art of Murder" These types of games are fun for me, but not much replay value since you know "whodunit". I enjoy the last Art of Murder so played about 30 minutes of the demo first. Was a little different with no voice over and all. Wow, what a long download! purchased about lunch time...it is supper time now and just finished so didn't get time to play anymore. Not a HOG style. More in the natuire of Nancy Drew or Syberia.

Quidy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Quidy on Dec 16, 10 5:40 PM
This game took a long time to load. Thank goodness I tried the 1 hour trial and didn't buy it. I was disappointed; there was no real theme to the game, no hints, no 'story' to guide you.

This is not the first BFG that I have been very disappointed in but it is a BIG disappointment. A real waste of time and download.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 16, 10 6:36 PM
Wow, I have never had this much difficulty figuring out a game! I played 30 minutes and didn't get past the hallway outside my front door. There is no real direction and using the hint button is a total waste of time. The only plus I have is that the graphics were very good. Didn't like walking (or running) around all over the place and not know what the heck I was suppose to be doing. Collected everything I could in the apartment and the hallway and fed the cat (what's that all about?). Could have been a really nice game, too. Not for me...

Go to: