Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Dec 17, 10 11:54 AM
So sad........wanted to play & like this game. The first 5 minutes were taken up by jerky movements & music in the cut scenes........when I remembered someone had said to press esc to get through them (which I did). However, I couldn't get past the grainy graphics, and slooooow cursor (which BTW was cute as a mouse), but moving the character around the room and upstairs, etc. was more than I could bear. So can you say "uninstall quickly".Too many people with the same problems.....has to be the game. As far as the Direct X--I clicked OK to install and it told me I had the newest version. So until I see any fixes or improvement in the game...........it will have to be a "no buy" for me. To those of you who can play,enjoy!!

 
scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by scpotamus on Dec 17, 10 12:21 PM
Snookie, the fix above (mostly turning off Aero) worked mostly for me and the slow cursor can be helped by turning off shadow&Fx and background animation.

I must say, despite the on and off choppy stuff (I've gotten through another cutscene without choppiness) I am LOVING this game. It is like really being in the story! Too cool! I'm willing to deal with some choppy scenes, the game play is great.

I would really love it if BF or whoever would come up with a fix. I think the problems have to do with memory usage.

Still an outstanding game, even better that Hunt for the Puppeteer! Got to get back to the case!! Peoples live are at stake!! LOL!

 

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by inked76 on Dec 17, 10 2:35 PM
I'm having problems placing the bucket of bricks on the handle after spinning it. My cursors slows up, doesn't engage the bucket or will not stay after clicking it on the handle.

Any ideas????? I tried turning of shadows/fx but there was no change.

 
sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 18, 10 10:02 AM
This is actually a very old game which Big Fish bought, I believe. It has the same glitches one would find in an old game. I am not certain when this came out, but now that I bought it, I remember that I purchased it a few years ago. If you do not do the EXACT sequence of events, it will just stop working, in the sense you can no longer progress in the game, so keep your strategy guide with you as you progress. In the beginning, I opened the box with the nail file instead of the knife and now I am in limbo and can no longer go forward. It will not allow me to look at the broken light bulb, for example. Be warned

 
cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by cinder555 on Dec 18, 10 10:56 AM
The game - Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny came out in February / March 2010 by City Interactive.

 
doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 18, 10 1:27 PM
doctorgood wrote:I downloaded the trial and during the download I was offered an update from Direct-X. I accepted and downloaded it.
When I start the game it's very jerky and the music cuts in and out. I'll check with TS in a little bit but I figured I'd mention it here also. I have plenty of space left so that's not an issue.
Dr.good

I downloaded the DR.Felix diagnostic tool on Fri. 12/17 and sent the results to BFG TS and they got right back with me today. All my drivers, video card etc. are up to date. They said the game just may not be compatible with my PC. I could try an uninstall/ install and see if that corrected it. I think I'll hold off and see if maybe they do a rebuild on the game.
My PC ; h/p vista home premium 64bit.
Just thought I'd pass this info on. Use that Dr. Felix tool, it's fast easy and.......free!
Dr.good

Edited on 12/18/2010 at 7:18:12 PM PST


 
sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 18, 10 9:29 PM
Having problems with not following the sequence and getting stuck. Right now I am in Chapter 3 and have done all the tasks in the theater but it will not allow me to leave, keeps saying that I am missing something. Have read the walkthrough but I am not missing anything - I have the photos of the seating chart and the film reel. However, I did not take a picture of the symbol on the box at the barrier and am wondering if this is the problem. I restarted in the beginning because I didn't open the package properly and it wouldn't allow me to continue on in the game. What is going on with this game? I probably won't play it if it continues this type of action. It is hard to know what action to take next and it is not fun if you have to keep looking a the walkthroughs.

 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 18, 10 11:39 PM
sunnyglow wrote:Having problems with not following the sequence and getting stuck. Right now I am in Chapter 3 and have done all the tasks in the theater but it will not allow me to leave, keeps saying that I am missing something. Have read the walkthrough but I am not missing anything - I have the photos of the seating chart and the film reel. However, I did not take a picture of the symbol on the box at the barrier and am wondering if this is the problem. I restarted in the beginning because I didn't open the package properly and it wouldn't allow me to continue on in the game. What is going on with this game? I probably won't play it if it continues this type of action. It is hard to know what action to take next and it is not fun if you have to keep looking a the walkthroughs.


Did you take the bottom film reel from the projector? PM me if you like, if you are still stuck.

 

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by MonkeyingAround on Dec 19, 10 8:45 AM
I was having a LOT of issues playing games from BF in general after a rebuild on my laptop but after checking and updating ALL of my drivers those issues have disappeared.

Might not be the issue but it might be worth checking into.

 
textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 20, 10 6:56 AM
doctorgood wrote:
doctorgood wrote:I downloaded the trial and during the download I was offered an update from Direct-X. I accepted and downloaded it.
When I start the game it's very jerky and the music cuts in and out. I'll check with TS in a little bit but I figured I'd mention it here also. I have plenty of space left so that's not an issue.
Dr.good

I downloaded the DR.Felix diagnostic tool on Fri. 12/17 and sent the results to BFG TS and they got right back with me today. All my drivers, video card etc. are up to date. They said the game just may not be compatible with my PC. I could try an uninstall/ install and see if that corrected it. I think I'll hold off and see if maybe they do a rebuild on the game.
My PC ; h/p vista home premium 64bit.
Just thought I'd pass this info on. Use that Dr. Felix tool, it's fast easy and.......free!
Dr.good


Did they indicate what part of your computer may not be compatible? Graphics Card? Sound Card? Memory? Browser? Anti-Virus? I run vista home premium 64 bit and the game works fine for me...so I was just wondering if they gave any indication where your system may be incompatible. There are issues with Avira anti-virus and issues with Firefox and toolbar add-ons.

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 7:00:24 AM PST


 
momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by momma0_7 on Dec 20, 10 9:19 AM
how can I separate the gloves from the packaging material in the detonation booth?

 
cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by cinder555 on Dec 20, 10 11:25 AM
I already PM you. Please post in the forum this is not a technical issue so we can help you

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 11:25:57 AM PST


 

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by 1975alto on Dec 23, 10 10:59 AM
I have installed this game and when I click on it to play it nothing happens. I just hear the big fish sound (like a fish bubbling in the water). I was going to buy the game but I'm glad I didn't since I can't get it to work. I have contacted customer service and they advised me to update my video card and such. I did that and the game still won't work. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it still won't work. I'm so frustrated because I wait for long periods of time for games like this to be available

 

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by micheleappleyard on Dec 26, 10 10:18 AM
I am having problems with crossing the bridge of posts. I am following the walkthrough directions but I can't raise the post on the right. How is this done? I think I am doing something wrong.

 

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by cuddygina on Dec 30, 10 12:33 PM
hi,
I'm having the same issue with placing the bucket of bricks on the handle to open the curtain.
What can I do?
G x

 
larrywho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by larrywho on Jan 3, 11 2:56 PM
inked76 wrote:I'm having problems placing the bucket of bricks on the handle after spinning it. My cursors slows up, doesn't engage the bucket or will not stay after clicking it on the handle.

Any ideas????? I tried turning of shadows/fx but there was no change.

I am having the same problem. I am using windows 7, I seem to have less than 5 seconds to put the bucket on the handle. It almos starts moving right away. Also it takes 3 times longer to unwind as it takes me to wind the handle. This is a real pain. I have spend over an hour here and it is extremely frustraing.

 
SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by SR13 on Jan 8, 11 8:15 AM
peglegann wrote:
sunnyglow wrote:Having problems with not following the sequence and getting stuck. Right now I am in Chapter 3 and have done all the tasks in the theater but it will not allow me to leave, keeps saying that I am missing something. Have read the walkthrough but I am not missing anything - I have the photos of the seating chart and the film reel. However, I did not take a picture of the symbol on the box at the barrier and am wondering if this is the problem. I restarted in the beginning because I didn't open the package properly and it wouldn't allow me to continue on in the game. What is going on with this game? I probably won't play it if it continues this type of action. It is hard to know what action to take next and it is not fun if you have to keep looking a the walkthroughs.


Did you take the bottom film reel from the projector? PM me if you like, if you are still stuck.


I was also stuck at this point, even though I had picked up the film reel. I came back to the game today expecting to load my last saved game, only to find that it appears to have nothing saved at all. I have left the game before, come back to it, and reloaded from where I left off, with no problem. I really do not want to start yet again. I was stuck at the phone call to **** to get the addresses because I had not taken notes. Until I read the walkthrough, I did not realise that I had to do this & so quickly (just as you have to be very quick with the bucket in the cinema). It does detract from the fun if you have to keep referring to the walkthrough constantly.
Am also fed up with the intro every time. I know it is only a few minutes but it seems so much longer. I'm keen to get back to the game & this is so annoying.
Will reboot & try the game again before contacting Customer Services who may have an idea as to what has happened to my saved game that I have worked hard on.


 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 8, 11 11:50 AM
Did you save the game yourself? This is a large file adventure game which doesn't save automatically.
To skip the into, press Esc twice.

 
tommychoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by tommychoo on Jan 9, 11 3:24 AM
Same problem here, just black screen and had to ctrl alt delete to get out!

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 9, 11 3:55 AM
tommychoo wrote:Same problem here, just black screen and had to ctrl alt delete to get out!
You'll need BFG CS help with that. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list. You probably need a graphics driver update.

 
 
 
 
Go to: