Re:Post any Mystery of Mortlake Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by pamelam on Dec 19, 10 11:11 AM
I agree, I'm tired of games crashing, not working and just basically a pain to play. I hardly ever comment but I too have had enough.

Edited on 12/19/2010 at 11:12:19 AM PST

[Post New]by sfleitman on Dec 19, 10 11:21 AM
Downloaded the game yesterday. It won't open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still won't open. All my drivers are up to date. This is very frustrating!

[Post New]by IKilgannon on Dec 19, 10 12:04 PM
sfleitman wrote:Downloaded the game yesterday. It won't open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still won't open. All my drivers are up to date. This is very frustrating!

Yes me also!!!

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Dec 19, 10 2:11 PM
It looked like a great game but it took forever to load any new scene and since you have a lot of wandering to do this just drives you crazy. Also after the game froze my computer so bad that I had to switch it off manually somehow it took my earlier purchase, a Samantha Swift game with it and it looks like I have to contact customer service - again! - for help with reinstalling, because it appears in my purchase history but cannot be downloaded anymore for reasons unknown to me.

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on Dec 19, 10 2:13 PM
I was so happy to have a game without problems - I thought! I am almost finished and was enjoying it very much. My problem is that I can't pick the horseshoe up in the cabinet. I can see it but when I go to the highlighted cabinet - it is empty. Yet when I am in the room (shadowy diningroom) I can see it there. Can't go any further until I can get the horseshoe. Please help, TrainerDi

[Post New]by paratao on Dec 19, 10 3:55 PM
IKilgannon wrote:
sfleitman wrote:Downloaded the game yesterday. It won't open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still won't open. All my drivers are up to date. This is very frustrating!

Yes me also!!!

Me too!!!!I followed this whatever suggestion to download and installed netframework, checked shockwave and flash, before it told me "exception handler", now it just abort directly without any hint. What a great game.

[Post New]by coolcatherine on Dec 19, 10 11:57 PM
Poutoule wrote:I have no music, no sound whatsoever ????????????? It's just dead silent.

I haven't any sound either and the game is rather slow

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 20, 10 4:59 AM
NOW REALLY P.O. ...wrote my tech issue..hit post reply...popped out of game forum to 'sign in'...darn i just signed in...AM TIRED...TOO MANY GAMES IN LAST THREE MONTHS WITH 'major problems'....got to go

now lets see if this post goes thru?

ETA: WOW...IT WORKED...TOO LATE...NO ENERGY TO VENT AND NOT WORTH MY TIME

Edited on 12/20/2010 at 5:00:08 AM PST

double cursors

[Post New]by gameaddict24 on Dec 20, 10 1:43 PM
Has anybody had any luck fixing the double cursor issue? I contacted CS and they said to unistall my shockwave and flash then reinstall. I really dont want to go to all the trouble if it wont work anyway. I have not had any trouble with any games on this site and I have been getting games here since 08. I have windows 7. Any body have any ideas?

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Dec 20, 10 3:34 PM
having the same problem with the double cursor - its making my eyes hurt! i'm not very IT but have a new HP running win7. not had problems before, and it seems to kick in once i'm playing. What to do:?

[Post New]by sexwitch on Dec 20, 10 4:21 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Until... it just went away. I went to my game manager to hit play now (again and again). I rebooted the computer, and this game won't open. I uninstalled, re-installed, look for indicated solutions, but still won't open. This is such a shame, because I was truly enjoying it. I really want this one to work. I am very disappointed. So, please, give me the solution.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Dec 21, 10 4:27 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:I firgured out a fix on the EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER. ok, you have to completely uninstall. Go into your hiddden files in explorer and dump anything Mortake Mansion. Go into C drive and do the same. Run all your anti-virals again. Upgrade from microsoft even though you think you already just did it. Now, go into system restore and go back several days and reboot. Once thinkgs are ticking again and several things are now missing that you downloaded (but also you broken files are out of use now)..go back to BFG and reinstall the game and cross your fingers and toes.
IT's a great game!

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Dec 21, 10 4:30 AM
I meant to quote Kriss _cross 48: I followed your post and the game works! I did a system restore and reinstalled the game and now it works. Thanks Kriss......

[Post New]by kidlit43 on Dec 21, 10 7:47 AM
CJ1171 wrote:When I first load the game the graphics come up as big, choppy blocks.

I found a work-around: I go to Options and de-select "Full Screen", once it's windowed the graphics are fine, then I can go back into Option and reselect "Full Screen" and the graphics are fine for the duration until I close the game. I have to do this every time I open the game however.

I generally don't have any issues and just thought I would report this.

[Post New]by kidlit43 on Dec 21, 10 7:51 AM
I have this same problem with the big choppy blocks instead of lovely graphics. So I tried to de-select "Full screen" and it wouldn't let me click on that button. My question is whether you had already bought the game or were you able to do this while still in the trial period. I'm not sure if this game is worth all of the struggles people are having with it, but it did look good despite the weird graphics glitch.

CJ1171 wrote:When I first load the game the graphics come up as big, choppy blocks.

I found a work-around: I go to Options and de-select "Full Screen", once it's windowed the graphics are fine, then I can go back into Option and reselect "Full Screen" and the graphics are fine for the duration until I close the game. I have to do this every time I open the game however.

I generally don't have any issues and just thought I would report this.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 21, 10 9:40 AM
NONONONONO wrote:Well, I really enjoyed this game. Until... I was almost to the end, and the game just went away. Period. bye bye. Gone. I went to my game manager to hit play now (again) and it informed me that I had a game open. I rebooted the computer, and this game won't open. I uninstalled, re-installed. Still won't open. This is such a shame, because I was truly enjoying it. ..........

Hi there,
just noticed this.
I purchased the game from the developer and had exactly the same problem - kept getting thrown out of the game whilst trying to fix the machine. Their advise did not help. When I noticed this was available on , I uninstalled my original, downloaded and installed the version here........and the game played beautifully and I was able to finish it.
Go figure!!

[Post New]by killashandra on Dec 23, 10 4:06 AM
I collected the ingredients for the alter, the last one was from the piano with the tweezers but when I got to the alter it was no longer in my inventory. I went back to the piano and nothing is there. I also read the strategy guide which tells me to get the ingredient from the piano but it is no where to be found. The game won't continue without it.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 23, 10 3:10 PM
Well, no double cursors, but really, really slow at points and freezing up, so I finally checked out BF's recommendations and upgraded/downloaded several things -- the only thing I haven't done is get more RAM (have Windows XP and the computer is rather old); but when I went back into the game, it worked much better; however, the match mini-games were quite slow and by the end of the game, I couldn't even control the cursor.. I don't know how much this is my lack of enough RAM, or the game, but I have had no problems with other games I've downloaded in the last few months, so this was really strange.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 23, 10 3:23 PM
Oh, and the Book of Shadows never appeared (or I think it disappeared shortly after appearing), so I used the old hit or miss strategy to insert the "ingredients" which worked fine. I'm currently reinstalling the game to see if it works better.

burozkok
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by burozkok on Dec 23, 10 11:50 PM
paratao wrote:
IKilgannon wrote:

Yes me also!!!

Me too!!!!I followed this whatever suggestion to download and installed netframework, checked shockwave and flash, before it told me "exception handler", now it just abort directly without any hint. What a great game.

The solution for this in my case was changing Regional Settings in the Control Panel to "English(US)". Turkish decimal and date settings are exactly the oppposite of US system and apparently the program was tested in US settings and misses some basic checks.

Go to: