gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cradle of Rome 2

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 19, 10 7:03 AM
I'm really glad several folks mentioned the bounciness of the tiles being a problem. I felt bad playing Ballville, and then when I tried this one, I didn't feel so great either. But felt fine playing other types of games, so thought it was a match-3 thing. But it seems it's not "just me"...

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 19, 10 4:10 PM
Lesboop wrote:
Just out of curiosity, once a game like this is put out, is there a way that the developers can go back in and put out an upgrade/update version that adds the relaxed option? One would wonder if they read the reviews and pay any attention to the feed back and actually do something about implementing future games with both relaxed and timed modes.

I know of two games that were released with a timed mode only and then were released a few days later with a relaxed mode also. The two games are Azada Ancient Magic and Ancient Quest of Saqqarah. In both cases the developers can to a game forum (not this forum) and talked with the game players and then released the relaxed mode. The developers of those games said that it was not too difficult to add the relaxed mode.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 19, 10 4:15 PM
I don't have the "bounciness" with Cradle of Rome 2 either. I did not use the game cursor. I thought it was too bulky so maybe that made a difference.

I did have the bounciness with Ballville and that's why I didn't buy it. Ballville made me have motion sickness.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 19, 10 9:05 PM
I was trying to pinpoint what this bounciness thing is, cuz I was just noticing how I was feeling more than what was causing it.

So I compared the first Cradle of Rome to this game. In the first one, the game pieces drop and stop. In this game, they drop and then rebound before stopping. I'm really glad to see this for myself so I know what to avoid in future games. The effect of this on me is bad enough that my eyes start to swim a bit just *thinking* about playing this game and Ballville - even though I could tolerate playing them long enough to answer a question or 2 I had.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Dec 19, 10 10:08 PM
Timed Game with NO option of no Timer? Ridiculous and therefore NO SALE!

When are the Game Developers going to learn that many are not going to buy this because it has no Timer Options?

[Post New]by MsDeeMorning on Dec 19, 10 11:42 PM
I just played Cradle of Rome 2. The trial version ran very well,but when I bought the game and started playing it got slower and slower. Is anyone else having this problem? I enjoy the first veersion and was enjoying this one until it started to slow up...darn near fell asleep. I would hate to have to erase and download again, I was pretty far along in the game.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 20, 10 1:33 AM
MsDeeMorning wrote:I just played Cradle of Rome 2. The trial version ran very well,but when I bought the game and started playing it got slower and slower. Is anyone else having this problem? I enjoy the first veersion and was enjoying this one until it started to slow up...darn near fell asleep. I would hate to have to erase and download again, I was pretty far along in the game.

Uninstalling and reinstalling a game usually doesn't delete the game data folder that's generally under C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data and/or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. That means you can uninstall and reinstall without losing your place in the game.

If the game still gives problems, I sometimes do a search to hunt up those data folders and delete them while doing another uninstall and reinstall. That then starts me back at square one in the game with a clean slate and having to enter my player name again and all.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 21, 10 12:42 PM
Very good match 3 game. Really sharp graphic, great gameplay. The only thing I dislike it the timer - if it would have a "no timed option", it would be a perfect match 3 game. A buy for me

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 21, 10 9:44 PM
No relax mode option and only timed game play equals no purchase for our household.

emiller01
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by emiller01 on Dec 22, 10 2:38 PM
I really like this game for the beautiful scenes, lovely music and enjoyable gameplay (minus the timer) but the fact that it has no relaxed mode keeps me from buying it.

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Dec 25, 10 11:44 PM
How many levels are there on this game?

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Dec 26, 10 3:33 AM
wini1 wrote:How many levels are there on this game?

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 29, 10 3:30 PM
The graphics are gorgeous. The gameplay is M3 with some minigames for the blueprints. Otherwise use the M3 to build up resources to create your town. Wonderful!

This game is an A.

[Post New]by shedsister on Dec 31, 10 11:01 PM
As a fan of the original Cradle of Rome, I must admit I purchased this straight away. Lovely graphics as usual, didn't notice smaller tiles or any bounce in the screen? It took me a while to beat the original game but this time I played this one straight through without losing a single life. The only additional challenge (and more of them would be nice) were the skulls that turned the tiles blue again and the most horrid blocks that could only be broken with a match three lines above them (that I didn't like because if you had made a match 5 you got a little cross bomb that then didn't break anything solid - so you got punished for making a better move)
All in all it was about the same as the original, with better graphics. I have all the villages and all the trophies. Bit too easy, although the heartbeat can still rattle me. Cheers.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 1, 11 1:03 PM
I really liked the first Cradle Of Rome game but I didn't buy it because there is NO untimed option. I was so hoping this second in the series would have an untimed option but it doesn't. Because of that NO SALE! Otherwise, I love the Cradle Of Rome games!! I hope the developers of this game will listen to us and include an untimed option should there be a 3rd edition.

[Post New]by susannejette on Jan 2, 11 2:03 PM
Great game...... good background music.... but the heartbeats are soooooooo annoying.... perhaps a little warning now and again..... but the heartbeats..... I have to turn the volume off..... just a suggestion

[Post New]by susannejette on Jan 2, 11 2:06 PM
Great game...... good background music.... but the heartbeats are soooooooo annoying.... perhaps a little warning now and again..... but the heartbeats..... I have to turn the volume off..... just a suggestion

[Post New]by susannejette on Jan 2, 11 2:09 PM
I'm sorry about the dupication........ Happy New Year Everyone

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Jan 4, 11 7:02 AM
Well, let me tell you that I had enjoyed Cradle of Rome 1, but fought with time and difficulties. All of this has been saned in Cradle 2, YAY! I am in love with this game. The time problem is easily solved if you buy time... and you can buy it many times, so you really come to finish that level. The refill time has improved a lot, including some points you get in order to refill the bonuses more quickly. Congratulations to the creators, amazing Match3, especially made for those who are quick... and those who are slow, like me.

[Post New]by Polishadmiral on Jan 5, 11 10:28 AM
Help!! The game started wonderfully! So much for the good part. As soon as it went to the play board, the screen went very bright and could determine what I was looking. Minimized screen; went back in and it looked ok. The first move I made, it went bright again. Might as well play with my eyes closed.

Go to: