Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome II

[Post New]by Pocketsam on Dec 29, 10 2:28 PM
Love this game. Managed expert of every level first time around, however Episode 3 level 5 has me very stuck!
Tried this one about 6 times now and still just fall short of time before I have enough gold to build the larger building.
Any hints/help from any of you who have made expert on this level would be greatly appreciated!

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Dec 29, 10 5:47 PM
Cherubabies wrote:
hannah57 wrote:Are you kidding me... hams, fish, bologna, steak, mac and cheese, who cares about that. The people who developed this game was far from lazy.

You think a Fishermen's hut producing HAMS is not careless graphics??? You obviously don't care much for the game.

Maybe it's a fish cutlet!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome II Episode 4 level 9

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 31, 10 3:46 AM
I've finished them all except Episode 4 level 9 and I've tried every which way from Sunday and haven't been able to get it. So I guess I'll just give up.

Somebody just sent me an email with a video from You Tube and he did it, he conquered this level. And he made it look so easy. But he did several things a little differently than what I was doing. If you go to You Tube and type in Roads of Rome 2 - Level 39, you will find the video - hope this helps.

[Post New]by KngKvsQuen on Dec 31, 10 3:14 PM
I too am stuck on the 4th series, level 9 only one I need gold in to get into the locked section - guess I'll have to check out youtube and get it done! I love this game!!

loriaudio
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

roads of rome( the first one) NEEDS A RELAXED MODE( i love this feature in the second one)

[Post New]by loriaudio on Dec 31, 10 8:47 PM
i can play this game over and over in relaxed mode i cant get through level 7 in the first one i get discouraged after continually failing it makes me angry that i bought this game you dont get your money's worth please consider an update to roads of rome adding a relaxed mode

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Jan 1, 11 1:17 PM
I have no idea why I find these games (1 and 2) so addicting, but I can't seem to get enough. I play them over and over. Thank you for these wonderful games, and how soon until we see Roads of Rome3?

Edited on 01/01/2011 at 1:17:53 PM PST

1000 times better than part 1

[Post New]by julialynn on Jan 1, 11 3:38 PM
this was a pleasure to play. fast little men, the store house as their new home, speed and agility... phew. its about time.

I hated roads 1 because of the above issues that are now fixed.

NIKE1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by NIKE1 on Jan 4, 11 11:46 AM
I'm a big fan of the first game and this one is also a great game. My only comment is that the first game was a much better challenge; this one is a bit on the easy side. I would recommend to people buying both to do this one first, then play the the original.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Jan 4, 11 1:17 PM
Yes!!! by going mad over the holidays I got a punch card credit so today I've bought this game. I love this type of time management they are so creative. Well done BF!!!

[Post New]by gamergoon on Jan 6, 11 11:04 PM
Yeah, it's a little too easy too for my liking...but a nice overall experience none the less....

[Post New]by moonchilde on Jan 10, 11 12:32 PM
themaestro023 wrote:HI,
Having played this through and got expert on every single level, I found one prob the geeks might want to solve.

In Episode 4, Level 4, you cannot send the balloon to build the 'Smithy' on the right of screen. It says, 'the way is blocked' even though everything is open.

***I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.*** I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. I don't have any trouble with the game crashing. Just this one problem on Episode 4 Level 4. What he means by "everything is open" is, the balloon is supposed to take your worker to any "non-accessible" location, and this spot in the bottom right corner is just that. And I've accessed the area of the balloon tower. So why won't the balloon take us there. It makes no sense.
I have not downloaded the "new" RoR2 (the one where they fixed some bugs) but since this bug was not mentioned as one of the ones they fixed in the new version, I have my doubts as to whether this particular bug will be gone in that version. I don't want to lose my progress just to try it. So when I'm finished playing the game through, THEN I'll try installing the updated RoR2.
I agree it's not a vital element to finish the level, but it's an obvious bug and it's unnecessary irritation.
That being said, I LOVE THIS GAME! I'm 36 and I feel like this game was designed for me or for my kids, without being too "hand-holdey" or too "good luck figuring this one out". And as for 'relaxed mode', I don't need it. I prefer the challenge!! I'm replaying any level that I don't get "expert" on the first try until I get "expert". There's only one level so far that I cannot achieve "expert" on, but I'm not giving up.

Edited on 01/10/2011 at 12:34:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Asriel on Jan 12, 11 4:03 AM
MzShel wrote:I have no idea why I find these games (1 and 2) so addicting, but I can't seem to get enough. I play them over and over. Thank you for these wonderful games, and how soon until we see Roads of Rome3?

Took the words right out of my... fingers ! :-) Loved them both, I've already played them both several times, trying to beat my own score... I'd love to play a third !

nehklh
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by nehklh on Jan 12, 11 6:17 AM
love this game also now i am hooked on these types of games but dont see any that are as good as this one. Does anyone know what others are out there just like this?

Gala_Day
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gala_Day on Jan 22, 11 4:37 PM
Lots of fun and obsessionally replayable!

[Post New]by Sister_Ulicia on Jan 22, 11 7:33 PM
For the not enough gold problem, just build your storehouse FIRST. Build it ASAP so it gives you +1 to all resources you then build. Worked for me anyway.

[Post New]by buzzkrum on Jan 29, 11 9:58 AM
I purchased My Kingdom for the Princess 11 a couple of months ago, finally finished the levels with gold and had a fabulous time doing it. In one of the forums for that game it suggested other games similar. I tried a couple, but finally tried Roads of Rome II. I just love it -i it is just what I was looking for. I love the graphics, and the fact that it has a relaxed mode, which is great when learning a new game. I am going to purchase it--thanks again BFG!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Feb 6, 11 11:41 AM
BlueStarFish wrote:
The reason I'm not buying this series however is quite simple: there is too much micro-managment!

when you have built a food-producing structure, or a gold mine or whatever, those produce does not get automatically just added to your "inventory" (for want of a better word).
No you have to actually send out a worker to gather it! And with the need to gather from the sawmill, food-producing structure, gold mine, quarry - in addition to build non-production buildings such as forts, houses etc, AND build a road, AND repel octopi, AND gather crystals and starfish AND repair broken buildings - I find it is just too stressful (compared to MKFP)!

That's the whole point of time management. It teaches you organization and planning. I've played this game 3 times already and have managed to move up to second place on the scoreboard. I hope there's a Roads of Rome III in the planning.

[Post New]by fruityudie on Feb 27, 11 11:55 PM
Having a lot of trouble on level 37 anyone got any hints???????

Johny_d
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Johny_d on Mar 4, 11 1:02 AM
I'm enjoying this game. Buy for me. But don't make the same games in future. Be original!

[Post New]by stanley6489 on Mar 4, 11 11:22 AM
Hate to be a spoiler since everyone else seems to like this game, but I do not! The floating curser slows me down and the game keeps freezing every time I get any kind of momentum going. I don't see how anyone got gold after half way though level 3. It's just not fun when it keeps freezing. If anyone has a solution to this, I would love to hear it.

Go to: