Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by Summer2U on Dec 26, 10 12:50 AM
it is my first post on the forums. i hope i am doing it right. my husband showed me this game and i love it. it is so pretty. i thought the story was interesting, and my daughter likes it too. she likes to play along with me and find things!

does anyone know if there are more good games like this on the site? what else should i play? i dont like dark or scary things. so many of the other games have skulls and dead things and witches. i dont like that as much.

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Dec 26, 10 1:14 AM
I have just finished demo,definate first buy on next punchcard, love everthing about it. Doesn' seem that short to me,unless your racing but as i am not it doesn' matter '' 'cause i love it.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Dec 26, 10 1:17 AM
Summer2U wrote:it is my first post on the forums. i hope i am doing it right. my husband showed me this game and i love it. it is so pretty. i thought the story was interesting, and my daughter likes it too. she likes to play along with me and find things!

does anyone know if there are more good games like this on the site? what else should i play? i dont like dark or scary things. so many of the other games have skulls and dead things and witches. i dont like that as much.

Summer2U, if you haven't tried it yet, your daughter and you might enjoy the recently released Christmas Wonderland. The Hidden Expedition series is also fun without being dark. Other than that, go to the main page and on the upper left ba you'll see "browse genres". Chose hidden object; once there you can browse what is available. Hovering over the game name will give you an brief synopsis of the game. I'm sure you will find some fun HOGS there! Happy Gaming!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 26, 10 1:39 AM
I really enjoyed this game; although I have been ‘playing’ IH0Gs & the like for a while now I am still pretty inexperienced & hate that I have to resort to a walkthrough often in many games. With this game I was able to work out what to do next with just a little wandering around the scenes waiting for inspiration – perhaps I am getting better!

The number of puzzles was a plus for me as they do seem to make the game last longer & I did not mind that some were repetitive as I like the practise.

The graphics are really lovely & I particularly enjoyed the forest scenes (I only wished there had been a ‘scary bit’ warning on the spiders web as they terrify me, at least they were not realistic ). As others have mentioned the music is not intrusive & there are no really annoying voice-overs.

There were some really nice touches, things that move as you click on them & as for the little pocket dragon, he’s on my Christmas wish-list for next year. I do like dark & creepy but was longing for something lighter (the dream day series are not my cup of tea) & this was perfect.

A definite recommend on my part.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 26, 10 1:48 AM
Summer2U wrote:it is my first post on the forums. i hope i am doing it right. my husband showed me this game and i love it. it is so pretty. i thought the story was interesting, and my daughter likes it too. she likes to play along with me and find things!

Welcome to the pond
Pungstress has already answered I see. Could I also suggest the first awakening if you have not played it yet? For a first time poster, you have it completely right in posting your question here
I hope you have great fun with the games and also in the forums

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 26, 10 3:06 AM
KC_Granny wrote:I bought this before the hour was up. Great graphics, story line OK. The mini-games were fairly easy, but not too bad.

I would have loved this game except for the mini-games. They got incredibly repetitious and boring. How many find the two that look alike, find the one that doesn't fit and swap/rotate the tiles can you do without going absolutely nuts? And you get to do each one 6 whole times before the mini is over. UGHHHH!!! And, as you get further into the game, you have to back seven clicks to do one thing and then return the 7 clicks to where you were. I could live with that, but the mini-games are making me nuts. I may not finish the game - and that would be a first.

But - if you want a really long game, this is it. The mini-games make it last forever.

As I am downloading this game I was reading this thread & I have to say KC_Granny, you really made me laugh out loud

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Dec 26, 10 3:32 AM
Awesome game, love the graphics, and it had me stump a few times but the ending was great, can't wait for the next Awakening.

And I love the fairy and that cute little dragon.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 3:34:02 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 26, 10 4:02 AM
Oh! I'm a squid!

I love this game. I've been waiting for it to come out and after doing a bit of the demo, I have not been disappointed. I like the graphics, the music, no annoying fairy voice. It's a definite buy; Christmas present for me.

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Dec 26, 10 4:31 AM
What a refreshing change after so many gloom and doom games! The presentation of this fairy tale is absolutely enchanting. The graphics are beautiful. I enjoy just simply looking at them and admiring them. This game took me well over six hours, and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I like the mini puzzles - all of them. I also like the HOG scenes. In fact, there is perhaps only one thing I would add, that is feeding the little pocket dragon one more time. Who ever heard of a pocket dragon? Really cute! Like the first Awakening, this second one is a definite favorite game. Thank you devs and Big Fish for giving us such a great game!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 26, 10 5:05 AM
I must agree that the graphics are indeed beautiful and scenes are relaxing...however, I wish that there were alot more hidden object scenes and not so many puzzles. Every time I saw a puzzle after a while, I went 'ugh' and skipped alot of them. But that is just my opinion....I still bought the game for the graphics but I don't know that I would purchase the next game if it is going to have more puzzles than anything else....All you fishies that love puzzles, this is certainly the game for you....hope you all had a Merry Christmas

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Dec 26, 10 5:19 AM
Im the opposite I was delighted that there were lots of puzzles and few hidden object scenes, I thought the game was wonderful and at 6 hours great value

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Dec 26, 10 6:58 AM
Pickles77 wrote:I must agree that the graphics are indeed beautiful and scenes are relaxing...however, I wish that there were alot more hidden object scenes and not so many puzzles. Every time I saw a puzzle after a while, I went 'ugh' and skipped alot of them. But that is just my opinion....I still bought the game for the graphics but I don't know that I would purchase the next game if it is going to have more puzzles than anything else....All you fishies that love puzzles, this is certainly the game for you....hope you all had a Merry Christmas

I absolutely agree, Pickles77. I bought the game, but I do wish there were more hidden object scenes. I'm now looking for the walkthrough, because I'm at a standstill trying to find the fairy beads! I've been back to every scene, and can't seem to progress any further. That being said, great game, beautiful graphics and it seems like it's pretty long. All +++ for me. Well, I'm in New Jersey, waiting for the blizzard, so guess what I'll be doing today and tomorrow!

Gail

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 6:58:45 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Dec 26, 10 7:06 AM
JIC: The walkthrough is linked from the game download page, see above: Try this game.

Or copy and paste this into your browser:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/awakening-moonfell-wood-walkthrough/

Thanks, prpldva !

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Dec 26, 10 7:15 AM
hey Summer2U--lots of very entertaining (but not dark and moody) games on BFG. Some suggestions:

Awakening--Dreamless Castle
Robin's Quest--A Legend Born
Samantha Swift series
Enlightenus I & II
Treasure Seekers I, II, &III

A belated Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and have fun gaming!

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 7:16:35 AM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Dec 26, 10 8:34 AM
elldee2728 wrote:hey Summer2U--lots of very entertaining (but not dark and moody) games on BFG. Some suggestions:

Awakening--Dreamless Castle
Robin's Quest--A Legend Born
Samantha Swift series
Enlightenus I & II
Treasure Seekers I, II, &III

A belated Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and have fun gaming!

elldee2728, you made some great recommendations for Summer2U, especially the Enlightenus and Treasure Seekers series. I was unable to make more specific suggestions last night due to an overload of egg nog and cookies!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Dec 26, 10 10:42 AM
A great game to dip into over the holiday period. I've not quiet finished but, IMO, the length is extremely worth a credit. I actually like that it was more puzzle based than H0G, with the puzzles not been so hard they were frustrating, but mostly enough to keep my Christmas addled brain pleasantly exercised.

I experienced no glitches or running problems whatsoever (well so far, but I am close to the end now).

I would say that for an SE, this is well worth the price and the right sort of entertainment to fill in when wanting to escape from the Holiday frazzles for a while!

Janferie
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Stuck at the fairy queen's portal

[Post New]by Janferie on Dec 26, 10 11:09 AM
I got this far, opened the portal and can get no further. All I get is a black screen. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it worth reloading the game?

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 26, 10 11:37 AM

Welcome to the forums... it's a nice place to chat about the games good and bad.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 11:42:14 AM PST

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Dec 26, 10 11:48 AM
Thanks for starting this thread, peglegann!

I've stickied it, so it will stay at the top of the game forum!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

-bfgOkeechobee

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Dec 26, 10 12:25 PM
I like a game with a lot of mini puzzles. Downloading now!

Go to: