mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 28, 10 6:58 AM
Barbarabarb wrote:I am not dead - merely comatose, and if you got that far you will know what I mean. What an awful shame to put what was evidently a lot of effort into making this game so pretty and then ruining it by making the objects almost impossible to find and the mini games so easy my cat could probably do them. If only one could get into the minds of the developers to see what they think they are doing.

Are the developers even listening to us ?? We have complained about objects being impossible to find (ad nauseum) and nothing ever seems to change.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 28, 10 7:08 AM
I played the demo for the full hour.

Pros: The graphics and artwork are beautiful for the most part. There were a few distorted looking people in some of the opening scenes, but for the most part the graphics are good. You can use the custom cursor or not, however, using the standard system cursor will not allow you to know what you can look at, pick up, etc. The storyline is interesting and seems to continue developing through the game. The puzzles I encountered were very easy. The fragmented objects were well hidden and once I adjusted the gamma and contrast on my monitor I had no trouble whatsoever finding any of them. Required no hints. It's a nice game and whereas I didn't love it, I also didn't hate it. I found it entertaining, but since I got through most of it in the demo, I don't feel compelled to purchase.

Cons: The game play is not smooth. Going between the scenes is easy enough, however, the dialogue screen changing between character conversation is choppy and disorienting. Use of the inventory items is also very clumsy with having to wait between placing objects. The dialogue text seems to be somewhat stilted which makes the character speech seem rather absurd at times. In the hour's time, using no hints and no walkthrough and no skips, I finished six of the levels, so I assume total game play time for me would be around 1.5 to 1.75 hours.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 7:42:09 AM PST

jbwhse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jbwhse on Dec 28, 10 7:24 AM
I agree with everything said here. Could not see the objects, played for 10 min and gave up. No buy for me.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 28, 10 7:34 AM
peglegann wrote:Wow!! We have a new gendre of game! TOTS = The Objects are There Somewhere!!
Welcome back Goofyduck and I hope you are much better. Thank you all for the time to review this game? How can we even call this a game? It appears that the pharmecutical companies will be cleaning up on headache pills today. I, like everyone, am amazed at how well blended the items are to find. Although you can click on the pic of the item and it shows you what each part looks like, I, would defy anyone to even get through the first couple of caves without using a hint. Ridiculous! Sorry devs, I do not normally slate a game but I am on this one. From the map, it looks as though it could be a long adventure. How many of us are going to find out?
Thank you , Christmas is usually an expensive time but you have made my December bearable by not having games of my liking. Therefore I have saved myself quite a bit.LOL! Anyone who enjoys this enough to buy it please let us know.
schobey and tuttepeever. You get the water by finding the hammer and chisel to break the stalagmites/stalactite.

Big Ditto!!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Dec 28, 10 8:50 AM
peglegann wrote:Wow!! We have a new gendre of game! TOTS = The Objects are There Somewhere!!
Welcome back Goofyduck and I hope you are much better. Thank you all for the time to review this game? How can we even call this a game? It appears that the pharmecutical companies will be cleaning up on headache pills today. I, like everyone, am amazed at how well blended the items are to find. Although you can click on the pic of the item and it shows you what each part looks like, I, would defy anyone to even get through the first couple of caves without using a hint. Ridiculous! Sorry devs, I do not normally slate a game but I am on this one. From the map, it looks as though it could be a long adventure. How many of us are going to find out?
Thank you , Christmas is usually an expensive time but you have made my December bearable by not having games of my liking. Therefore I have saved myself quite a bit.LOL! Anyone who enjoys this enough to buy it please let us know.
schobey and tuttepeever. You get the water by finding the hammer and chisel to break the stalagmites/stalactite.

No, what we were looking for was to put the pot in the thundercloud and let the rain fall in it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 28, 10 9:16 AM
"Wow!! We have a new gendre of game! TOTS = The Objects are There Somewhere!!"...still laughing at this one, lol. Off to try the game now, in spite of the bad reviews.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Dec 28, 10 9:29 AM
Good graphics but have to agree with the others, the objects are so hard to find, shame really, looked like a good game....

[Post New]by mdt0203 on Dec 28, 10 9:31 AM
After reading the reviews I HAD to try this stinker. I forced myself to play without using any hints, which was hard with the color on color hiding, and managed to make it to the 3rd chapter I think. I was being sent to meet the water lord but I couldn't stand having to "charge my magic" yet again and got tired of sitting through the game rather than enjoying it. So with 13 minutes left in the trial I am dumping it. It's a no buy for me. I have about 50 other games, I think I'll go play the new Awakenings instead.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Dec 28, 10 9:44 AM
Awful, Awful, AWFUL!!! Again the developers obviously have much better eye site than I do. Items were diffuse and tiny which made them very hard to see. If I can't see it without eye strain, I don't buy.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Dec 28, 10 10:05 AM
mhatfie wrote:

Big Ditto!!

You got that right!! I still need two punches for my first card!! By now I'm usually trying to decide if I want to stop at 3 cards or go for 4!!

Oh well, my 2nd favorite thing to do is PM the couple friends I have around here........and that's free!
Dr.good

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 28, 10 10:35 AM
The story is kinda interesting; the cat turned guy is cute; the lands are beautifully done. The hint button appears to be an integral part of gameplay...haven't made many moves without it I am at the water portal, and decided to quit for awhile. Things to do, places to go. Will probably get this but not likely today,lol.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 28, 10 10:55 AM
doctorgood wrote:x
x
x
x
Dr.good

When I first saw this post I thought Dr. Good was having a "senior moment" and forgot to write something. I then "GOT IT" and realized that I was having the senior moment.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Dec 28, 10 11:19 AM
I beta'd this quite some time ago, and thought it was pretty bad. I was hoping that it got vastly improved in the intervening months, but from the comments, it would seem not.

LOL, the best part was the cat that turned into a hunky guy! Alas, that was not enough to make it a good game. Well, the games that don't go over so well quickly end up at another site on their discount rack, so to speak, so I might give it another try when it does.

april445
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by april445 on Dec 28, 10 12:57 PM
peglegann wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:

Yea! A new acronym to add to the wonderful list of those so many fishies have come up with. I know I will use it whenever the occasion arises!!

You are welcome to use it, I have not put a patent on it

I believe that would be a copyright Goofyduck. Glad you didn't copyright as I want to use it too.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Dec 28, 10 1:47 PM
I lasted about 15 minutes before I deleted this game. Even with a hint some of those hidden objects were almost impossible to see. Too bad, because this looked like a game I would have enjoyed. There's a difference between hiding things cleverly and putting a white sheet of paper on a snow drift...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Dec 28, 10 4:33 PM
peglegann wrote:
Wow!! We have a new gendre of game! TOTS = The Objects are There Somewhere!!

GOOD ONE PEG!! I needed a new title for my list of too tiny too dark TTTDs to not even waste time on demos when on DD later.

Then I had a senior moment and thought you coined They're In There Somewhere LOL. All we need is another genre censor doesn't allow with Hzero H0.

And drgood's wasn't a senior moment, right on target for best shortest review.

Thx all, I just needed one more punch for only ONE card in Dec (and one of those was a 3 punch CE). Awakening2 did it for me, I'm so far behind playing I didn't even read your comments til late today. I guess I can wait 3 days to start Jan card, probably take me that long to finish A2 Woodfell, with Queen Spades still calling me back.

If the betas were so awful and they still rushed to release it by end of month, maybe they just needed it to write off a loss this quarter. What was that funny Mel Brooks film trying to produce a real bomb for taxes and people kept going to see to see how really bad. Unfortunately this dud doesn't sound funny. But the comments are LOL.

And thanks for no more games I'd like, my game budget overfloweth unspent too for once.

puzzled

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 28, 10 5:18 PM

Okay -- you get the "Best Pithy Statement of the Year" award! LOLOL!! I LOVED IT! (The pithy statement -- not the game). In fact, I am not even going to try it. If Cherb says "no" and Goofy says "no" and Pegleg coins a new acronym for it -- it is safe to say -- I pass!!

Jules

lstockdale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by lstockdale on Dec 28, 10 8:49 PM
Same here; reviews are funny, the game is a downer. I luv DrGood's emoticon! Sums it up pretty well...

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Dec 28, 10 10:47 PM
april445 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
goofyduck77 wrote:

Yea! A new acronym to add to the wonderful list of those so many fishies have come up with. I know I will use it whenever the occasion arises!!

You are welcome to use it, I have not put a patent on it

I believe that would be a copyright Goofyduck. Glad you didn't copyright as I want to use it too.

Ooops April445, that was me rushing, thank you for correcting me. ROFL

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Dec 28, 10 11:25 PM
Not for me, the object of a HOG is to actually be able to find the objects eventually !!! graphics are bad did not like the story .

Go to: