Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by Samhare57 on Dec 28, 10 10:42 AM
After half an hour of clicking the hint button I gave up. I think I found 3 things on my own. Not a game I will even finish the free hour of play.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 28, 10 10:47 AM
Worst game ever... I couldn't tell where the objects were and had to use the hint button over and over.. Not a buy for me.. and would vote for it being the worst game of 2010.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Dec 28, 10 10:49 AM
WOW! I am surprised that there are reviews on this already. I just beta tested it a couple days ago! With all the holiday commotion I am just getting here. I see everyone thought exactly what I did. The Hidden Objects are way to hard to find. I used the hint button far more during the test than I usually do in an entire game. The mini games in the portion I played were all the same game with varying difficulty. The cut scenes had no voice over and you must read exceptionally fast to get it all. I am a very fast reader and I had trouble! The game started out making me think there would be a great story line and then I got lost in frustration. For some reason that I can't quite put my finger on this game made my rather angry right from the start. To play the whole beta test I had to do it in 2 parts because it was getting me to worked up and not in a good way. I think I would have to be pretty hard up for play to buy this one.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Agree

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Dec 28, 10 10:52 AM
I agree with all.Figer sore from using the hint LOL

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Dec 28, 10 11:38 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:
SeaBamboo wrote:I was looking forward to trying this game having seen it on Playfirst's site but what a disappointment. I lasted 10 minutes after which I threw in the towel, my eyesight is not very bad but I could not find one object without the hint button. With some objects even when I had used the hint button I still could not see them.
A definite no buy.

I managed to stick it out for 15 minutes, then I dumped it. I like this kind of game usually but this one is really bad. I can't find a thing without the hint and even then I just clicked around until I hit the object. Not even at $2.99 would I buy.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Dec 28, 10 11:39 AM
IMO One of the worst ever from BFG.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 28, 10 11:54 AM
snags2 wrote:I agree. I felt that it had such promise but then I was made to feel like a 3yr old being led by the hand. Very disappointed. But I'm sure there are those who will love it. Not a buy for me. Sorry.

I agree with you -- spoonfed to the max. Puzzles skippable. So if you follow textrekkie's advice and adjust your monitor so the items are in your face, the torture will be over quickly.

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Dec 28, 10 12:13 PM
Eeeeek! this is the worst Frag hidden object game I have ever seen. I am now engaged to my hint button........lol.
I have average eyesight and enjoy this kind of game, but way to hard to spot the fragments blending in wherever they stick them for no rhyme or reason. Big big big thumbs down to this one!
not even buying it at 2.99.
Cmoon BFG either it is CE then 40 yrs till SE for same games and garbage in between with the odd not bad one thrown in.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 12:14:18 PM PST

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Dec 28, 10 12:15 PM
Although the storyline and visuals being quite good AND it being a Playfirst game I thought yes another one for the buy list.

Not at the full price I may go for it at 2.99 but SO disappointed I love Playfirst games and was expecting something unusual more than I got anyway.

Shame really as I'd got to the w***r g*d and was finding the stuff easier to find - ah well 5/10 for this

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Dec 28, 10 12:30 PM
Possibly one of the worst games in a long, long time.

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Dec 28, 10 12:33 PM
A crying shame, wasting the beautiful artwork and decent storyline on a game you can't play unless you want to spend all your time in the walkthrough or waiting for the hint button to recharge. A no buy for me, I wouldn't even take it as a freebie. WHAT were they thinking?

[Post New]by BlueLikeJazz on Dec 28, 10 12:56 PM
I was hoping this one would be like the Dream Chronicles series. Not so. My evaluation is pretty simple - the objects in the game are nealy impossible to find, while the puzzles are infantile. It's the worst of both worlds. A definite no buy for me.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Dec 28, 10 2:02 PM
I really don't have much to add to the negative responses from other fishies other than to say I am with them 100% and for the same reasons. As an experienced HOG and FRAG gamer, I enjoy being challenged, but this game's hidden objects were so blended into the backround they were unidentifiable. Here's hoping for something better soon!

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Dec 28, 10 2:13 PM
I agree with all the posts about this game.Far to difficult to find objects and having to
use hint button time and time again.Having graphical and lock up problems as well.
Another poor and bugged release again from Big Fish.Luckily only playing demo so
will give this a miss.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Dec 28, 10 2:31 PM
At first I was kinda skeptical about the game but as I went along with the demo it seemed to get a tad easier for me. A tad. I did eventually buy it, and it certainly is well over a 2-hour game. The scenery was nice. A few areas of head-banging but I did beat them, without a walkthrough.
I'd give this game a 3 out of 5 stars.

lindac1220
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by lindac1220 on Dec 28, 10 2:59 PM
A no buy for me and I normallydo buy the games even after bad reviews. Had to use the hint button on almost every object I was looking for and then when I finally made it throughone chapter was the same repeat of using the hint button. Thought it might start to be better, but after hinting my way through the 2nd chapter then had to try and figure out how to refill magic for 2 colors, which, by the way I never did and my time ran out.
Not sure if I would even buy this game if you gave it away.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 28, 10 3:09 PM
Tamara the 13th -- I think this game is punishment from PlayFirst for all our complaining about the lack of story, ease, length and boring repetition of Dream Chronicles Book of Air. More of the same, but you will get to do it for a longer amount of time.

Searching for the items did not feel challenging -- just frustrating. It did seem to get much easier to spot them in the second part, but from the beginning you are spoon fed the tasks and how to accomplish them.

The main character must receive powers to get through her journey. To activate them she performs the same "complete the circuit" type puzzle. Simple at first, but I can only imagine what the last one will look like.

To me the artwork is fuzzy -- not just ethereal as you might expect the atmosphere to be for the story.

The on screen dialogue is silent and flashes by a bit quickly; the game provides a scrollable log of every single line.

So, in total, the "game" part is just a lot of repetitious busy work. Along the way you will see new scenery, meet new characters. As for the plot, I'm more curious about the side story between Tamara and her cat then I am with rescuing her mother (this will happen, don't you think?)

Oh -- if you are sensitive to the occult (not me -- these are fantasy games) may not play this game past the third task.

scarletgunn
Herring
Herring
390 Posts

[Post New]by scarletgunn on Dec 28, 10 3:19 PM
this was interesting to read.

I beta tested this only 2 weeks ago, and a lot of the issues you are all mentioning are things i complained about.

it's disappointing that nobody took me and my irritation with this game seriously. :p

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Dec 28, 10 3:26 PM
Played for about 15 min. I really thought this was going to be a buy for me since I need 3 more games to complete my month. As with other posters the game was not that much fun to play. The objects were hard to see. Graphics are okay but not spectacular. This is a no buy for me.

Sadly, December has not been a good month for me as far as buying much. Hopefully something promising comes up before the end of the year.

jpflier
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jpflier on Dec 28, 10 3:30 PM
Thanks, appreciate all the reviews, my eyes don't need the strain...Don't even want to demo

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 3:31:26 PM PST

Go to: