Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Dec 31, 10 11:01 AM
Man-O-Man.....The in-depth comments posted here have divulged too much info of gameplay and things you would otherwise develop/figure-out on your own as you get into the game, and (IMO) all of them should have contained a SPOILER-ALERT caption, or used personal restraint to hold-back from providing these details.
I understand some love to give mind-blowing, and overly through reviews, I can dig-it ---but--- this is like the guy in the movie theater who's already seen the movie, yet is compelled to verbalize everything that's going-to-happen as the movie plays out ....geesh, really?

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Dec 31, 10 11:22 AM
wow u have out done yourself this time big fish what a spectacular game well done and thank you and happy new year love audrey xx

firelobo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by firelobo on Dec 31, 10 11:26 AM
Happy New Year Fishes!!!! Will try to download tomorrow. Big wind storm here on the high plains. Barely got on to check out today's games. Don't indulge to many . And I like the info given here, it helps me not to waste my time. Thanks to all for the in depth reviews.

By the way, how do you get the fish icons to use on your posts? Just curious..

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Dec 31, 10 11:49 AM
Just finished, mostly an enjoyable game but not without frustration. At various times the game would freeze, and a quick peek into Task Manager showed the game to be hogging upwards of 2 million k of memory. Killing it to clear the memory was all it took to reenter and continue. The story itself is interesting and not as repetitive as most HOGs, but the HOG scenes are few and far between, and the endless picking up of coal and converting to diamonds definitely wore thin.

I'd give this game 3 out of 5 fishies, more if it didn't tax my fairly zippy system and definitely more if there were an option for mass conversion of coal (perhaps capping the diamond conversion to allow purchasing all required items but not the extra.)

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 31, 10 12:39 PM
Absolutely the best game in many moons, Big Fish! I haven't bought it as yet as I am thinking of waiting until the 1st for the free game, but I just can't wait. Love this game so far. And it didn't cost $13.99. For those who like puzzles, this is a great game. If you like HOGS, this also fills the bill. Like this a little better than the Death at Fairing Point because that one is good but a little too easy! This one is perfect. Graphics are great. There is dialogue so you don't have to read the screens if you don't wish. Requires some thinking. Kinda fun looking for the diamonds. Just a lot to do in this game. Keeps you thinking and busy. Thanks, Muchas gracias

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 31, 10 3:31 PM
Just a quick comment: wow. I'd only played for 21 minutes when I had to buy this game. Great graphics, lots to do, beautifully done, and enough of a challenge here and there to really engage you. ^5

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 31, 10 5:13 PM
I loved this game. Played it the whole way through. Nice storyline, good graphics, interesting mini-games. Was very happy with the entire experience. Felt sorry for Eliza in the end though...lost her handsome dashing dude. Cute twist to the end, though.

jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Dec 31, 10 5:52 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. I almost bought the game automatically, but reading that it's more of an adventure game than HOG, I played demo first. Not gonna buy, I pretty much stick w/HOG. Thanks again.

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Dec 31, 10 6:00 PM
"HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE FISHES IN THE SEA~(POND!)"

I wanted to say "THANK YOU" to everyone that posts their comments.
I do typically read them all prior to downloading, although I may not always heed the "negative" (for lack of a better word,) I do take them into account,then after I to the demo-obviously form my own opinion.
I sometimes feel like I am "different" than some of the fishies feelings and or
comments,because I find myself enjoying the games~but on the same token~
I VERY MUCH DO APPRECIATE THEM. And will continue to read each and every one of them. I appreciate y'all taking the time to offer and go into much depth to let us know your individual likes and disslikes.( I would,however LOVE to know the length of the games,as that is a huge reason I purchase! As I am disabled,through no fault of my own,and my is limited! (But that won't stop me from purchasing games,as they are so enjoyable,and such a great way to pass the time! .
However,I have had some rather "short" games that were fun and enjoyable. But,again-if y'all know,or can tell by the "walkthrough," I would be much obliged to know the length!"
And I have noticed that some are longer than expected by the size of the download-and-OBVIOUSLY-most of y'all are much sharper in that department than myself!!!! LMAO!
(There are a few fishies~I won't name names,as it wouldn't be fair to the other fishies, but I ALWAYS look forward to their opinions!) And I adore the humorous explanations! .
So, PLEASE my fellow fishies,"keep them coming!" As those seem to make my day!.
AND "THANK YOU FOR YOUR OFFERINGS" I do realize that you can't please all of us fishies all of the time,and I appreciate that you do offer such a diverse selection of games~so there is something for everyone! I am a huge and loyal fan of ~and don't plan on going anywhere else!
" THANKS AGAIN TO AND ALL OF MY FELLOW FISHIES."
"HAPPY NEW YEAR~AND I HOPE IT IS THE VERY BEST YEAR FOR EVERYONE."

"CHEERS TO ALL Y'ALL!"
"BEER AND PIZZA ON ME!!!!~" ~AND "TO THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE BEER!!!!"
<I LOOK FORWARD TO MANY NEW AND COOL GAMES IN 2011!>
And hopefully making new friends in the pond....
"THIS GRANDMA (GRANNY,)IS PROUD TO BE AMONG SUCH GREAT COMPANY!"
SPORTSSPAZ1449!

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 6:12:26 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 31, 10 6:40 PM
Didn't like this one at all. Not very many HOGs, coal and diamonds very hard to see, don't care for cursor (prefer the good old standard). Graphics okay, nothing special. Liked the voices and the click through if I didn't want to listen to them talk (I read faster than they speak). No sale for me.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Dec 31, 10 9:38 PM
I like the puzzle adventure style so did enjoy the trial of this game. I was thinking about buying but on checking the walkthrough I only have 1 more chapter to go so no buy for me as way too short.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Dec 31, 10 10:58 PM
Happy Holidays Gamers, just completed my first year at this. Where does the time go. One short comment on Clockwork. I don't like random clicking just to find something and no indication without random clicking. Needed the walkthrough 2X in demo. I like games to flow better than back and forth through scenes, randomly clicking. Still good scenes and seems interesting. I'll decide to buy or not after some brain rest. PS: thanks for the excellent reviews from all you experts!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 31, 10 11:16 PM
I really liked this game, for the most part. The graphics are (generally) very nice. The story, while weird, is neat. It could use more explanation and instruction, though. At times you just have to click around to figure out what needs to be done next. It's mostly an adventure game with a few hidden object scenes. There are also a few puzzles, but they're nothing new. I do love the guy in the watch, though. He's hilarious.

SPOILER ALERT:

At the end of the game is a puzzle you can't skip. I hate that kind of puzzle and it's frustrating that you must finish it to finish the game. Very annoying.

Also annoying is the fact that this game is so short. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to finish.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 1, 11 12:18 AM
Yay it's finally Jan 1st so I can activate this and Fairing Point. No room left on my card for last month.

This game is fantastic, being more Adventure than HOG. I'll never get to bed tonight!!

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Jan 1, 11 12:34 AM
dokken117 wrote:This game is crazy and mind-boggling and I love it. It will be pretty difficult for me, as I'm not a very experienced player like many of you. If it takes you 4 hours, it will take me 8. But that's okay, it's 8 hours of good old mind stretching. What I really love is that when I finally do figure out something, I feel like celebrating! Happy fishing.

Hey dokken117 - you want a real mind stretch?
Try Safecracker on for size. That will turn your brains into rubber-bands!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 1, 11 1:25 AM

I finished it and loved it!

It took me about 6 hours of play, not skipping any dialogue or minigames.

The only negative is that at the very end there is an un-skippable puzzle that repeats x 4. All other mini-games and puzzles in this game are skippable but not too hard.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 1, 11 2:20 AM
I agree, it is a "quirky" little game. I like the English accents too for a change. Didn't get very far in the demo. Got stuck on the last of Otto's parts. It was an "okay" game. I'd buy it, but I have played better.

[Post New]by Ozibird on Jan 1, 11 4:59 AM
Could anyone tell me how long it takes the big clock in the lower left corner to charge up again so I can move forward with this game, thanks

Happy New Year to all

Ozibird

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 1, 11 11:59 AM
I got so involved with this game I ran out of time in the trial. That has not happened in some time. Had to spend my last credit just so I can finish it. Hope it continues to be as inventive as it began.
Spent about 6 hours and it lived up to my expectations. Puzzles and finding things. Lots of fun. I did get tired of setting the time but finally worked out the trick. Glad I spent the credit on this one.

Edited on 01/01/2011 at 8:06:23 PM PST

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jan 1, 11 12:57 PM
I really liked this game! I was intrigued by the storyline, and I liked its quirkiness. The voice acting was quite good, and the scenes & artwork were nicely drawn. I liked the touches of humor, as well.

Very enjoyable to play - more like this, please!

Go to: