slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Post any Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Jan 2, 11 6:34 PM
Micha1234 wrote:I can't run the game either. I have windows 7, 64 bit.
I get a windowed screen - black - and that's it. The program keeps minimizing itself.

I. too, run windows 7, 64 bit....if game minimizes......go to options on on first page and check there. Have a full screen option.......make sure it is checked.

Mine was ruuning in a window mode and was wacky looking but I looked at options or settings whichever it is called on first page where you enter profile etc.
Hope this helps.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 2, 11 7:52 PM
Slinkysmom

I tried to do that. I went into the options window and tried to get it to go full screen. All that happened for me was the whole program would go bonkers. I had to use the task manager to get out of it.

darti
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by darti on Jan 2, 11 8:33 PM
[color=#983892]Unlike everyone else, I don't have an issue with the game freezing or not running. But.....it is stuck.

I'm not able to put out the fire at the toy factory. I've got the hose attached, but all that comes out are blue "marshmallows". I've aimed the hose, I've clicked on the flames (in the order shown in the walk through) but nothing. At this point, I can't progress any further.

Seems like the majority of issues are with running the game on Windows 7. I'm running vista and have the above issue as well as the game running slow & choppy.[color=#983892]

[Post New]by nellazil on Jan 2, 11 9:17 PM
After i installed the game and clicked Play, a security error message popped up. tried it again and the same result. I uninstalled and reinstalled and clicked Play once more and it shut down my computer and restarted it. I uninstalled again then found I could no longer get back on the internet. This is the fourth game I've had issues with in the last 2 months. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by evansmommy on Jan 3, 11 5:12 PM
Has anyone written Big Fish about thier Tech isues with this game and gotten a reply? I wrote the on Saturday and haven't heard a peep! Very unlike BF, evey other time I've had to contact them, they've gotten back with me within 24-48 hours. Maybe it's because I wrote complaining about this games lack of playability ( game keeps deleting m profile) and asked for a credit??

[Post New]by jesterwitch on Jan 3, 11 5:53 PM
evansmommy wrote:Has anyone written Big Fish about thier Tech isues with this game and gotten a reply? I wrote the on Saturday and haven't heard a peep! Very unlike BF, evey other time I've had to contact them, they've gotten back with me within 24-48 hours. Maybe it's because I wrote complaining about this games lack of playability ( game keeps deleting m profile) and asked for a credit??

I wrote them on Saturday, too and haven't heard a pep either. I explained the problem and asked for a replacement credit like you did. So far, no dice! Maybe with the holiday weekend and all, it's just taking them longer than usual? Dunno, but I hope they respond- I realy like BF, but I'd be pretty disappointed if I got no response or credit!

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jan 3, 11 7:42 PM
Not sure if I'm missing something, but after making it to the museum, I can't get to the courtyard of the tower. I went to the walk through and it just states to take the train to the courtyard. Problem is it drops me off at the rail station, and the map doesn't allow me access to the courtyard.

[Post New]by alicekramden on Jan 5, 11 5:25 PM
Pretty disappointed that there hasn't been mention on a fix for this game yet....sigh

[Post New]by annamin80 on Jan 6, 11 5:49 AM
Same issue as with many others - the game closed and when I reopenned, my profile wasn't there. I'm not sure I'm ready to restart unless I'm certain this will not happen again. BF, are you going to do something about this after so many problem reports???

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Jan 6, 11 6:44 AM
Aardy wrote:
lyn58 wrote:I can't get passed the "powered by Nymph" screen. I have no idea what this game is even about. So very disappointed in Big Fish lately.

Yep - that's as far as I get too. Launch game, get the Nymph - "Failed to initialize COM security object" message.

First time I've had a problem with actually running a Big Fish game.

I'm having this exact problem and feel the same way.

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Jan 6, 11 5:09 PM
Same problem here. I was at the museum and the game closed. I restarted, and my profile was lost. I'm not willing to play it all over again.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 6, 11 5:26 PM
Well, I wrote customer service if there would be a rebuild of this game since there were so many technical problems (and usually when there are so many issues the devs do go to work).

Emily from just answered me and the way it looks we will NOT get a rebuild or anything like it for this game.
And since this is a exclusive we'll have to wait a while to find it on any other game site (IF at all....).

SO serious bummer for us people with game issues.
I REALLY wanted this game.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jan 7, 11 8:21 AM
Well I finally made it to the last challange of the game which is setting the 4 clocks, but I just don't have the interest in struggling through to the end. I truly liked the format of the game, but found it to be very user unfriendly. The hint button is useless, and I have never had to refer to a walkthrough as often because of lack of logic in a game flow. Unfortunately even the walkthrough was confusing. For example, if you had trouble locating 5 diamond gears, and referred to the walkthrough you would will find information on discovering 4 of the gears. Very frustrating is all I can say. Onward to Phantasmat which I am throughly loving.

[Post New]by linderg on Jan 7, 11 3:37 PM
This game is not working properly. The 'pocket watch' quit working completely, so the game is worthless because that is the main function of the game. Also was kicked off the game a lot before the more serious problem of the pocket watch functions quit working.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 7, 11 3:40 PM
linderg wrote:This game is not working properly. The 'pocket watch' quit working completely, so the game is worthless because that is the main function of the game. Also was kicked off the game a lot before the more serious problem of the pocket watch functions quit working.
Linderg, I am sorry you are having trouble with this game. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game via your game manager? That could solve the problem, but if it doesn't, you can contact Customer Service via the green envelope on the right side of this page. CS has always been very helpful and can help you if you have any configuration issues with your computer. If you are a game club member, you can also talk to Live Chat on weekdays during normal business hours.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jan 7, 11 9:50 PM
I can't open this game at all. When i click play game, it reboots my whole computer which sucks. Recently I been having trouble with A LOT of the games. They either lose sound halfway through or don't open after I have installed them. I have never previously had issues with any of the games so I don't understand why all of a sudden the quality on a lot of the games isn't there anymore. Please fix this. I been a member for over a year and I really enjoy hidden object games but when they don't work its really frustrating especially because I pay a membership each month.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jan 8, 11 12:13 PM
Game continually shuts down & reboots my PC. This has not happened to me before. I was able to get in and play once for about 15 minutes.

Could not play the Pirate game either. Interesting that the games I can play are CEs for which I cannot use the stack of tokens I have piling up.

dbeano
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by dbeano on Jan 8, 11 1:36 PM
I would like to download the game again. I am having problems with finding gears. I cannot find 4th gear even went to forum and got spoilers and still problems. Can you tell me how to download. i did not keep files. HELP

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 8, 11 1:40 PM
dbeano wrote:I would like to download the game again. I am having problems with finding gears. I cannot find 4th gear even went to forum and got spoilers and still problems. Can you tell me how to download. i did not keep files. HELP
dbeano, I'm sorry my spoilers didn't help. To download again, do this:
Go to your game manager.
Uninstall the game by clicking the little trash can by the game.
Go to Your Account Page at Big Fish.
From your list of purchases, download the game again.

Good Luck!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 10, 11 11:15 AM
Housebound in a big snowstorm in Georgia, so playing games I downloaded awhile ago but haven't played yet.
Didn't find more than 1 gear when the system crashed. From the posts, it looks like an interesting game. Oh well. Off to delete.

Go to: