maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hodgepodge Hollow

[Post New]by maddee51 on Jan 4, 11 1:01 PM
A very cute "Piglet" and just the remedy for my first day back at work after the holidays non taxing and relaxing.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 4, 11 1:22 PM
janspack wrote:I agree with some of the other reviewers - this is a really sweet game but just not for me. It is very repetitive. If you like straight HOGs with a tiny bit of interactive play, then it will be a great game for you.

The graphics are beautiful, the objects well hidden but not impossible so all in all, a very nice game, just not for me.

Agree Completely! It plays flawlessly!

[Post New]by 14tulip on Jan 4, 11 2:06 PM
sinshack wrote:Any game that lets you toss armadillos (aka "Texas speed bumps") sounds like fun! Downloading now. I just replayed the Drawn series, so I'm ready for something light, both in the graphics and in atmosphere.

Or "those animals born dead by the side of the road"...

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jan 4, 11 2:23 PM
A very nice, calming game. Repetitive, yes, but beautiful graphics and cleverly hidden objects. I'm not sure how far I made it but I enjoyed the journey. I'm not buying this now, but saving it to fill a card if I need it. Cute for the kiddies, but good for adults, too. One of the choices in Options is high quality - couldn't figure out how that changed anything.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 4, 11 3:45 PM
I like this game - very beauftiful, colourfull, handdrawn graphic, interesting storyline. A little bit interactive (later in the trial time). I will buy this later this month (to fill my punchcard). Good game for every one, for every age - kids and also adults

[Post New]by hortense2000 on Jan 4, 11 4:24 PM
OK, so maybe a "little" childlike, but still really enjoyed it! Straight HOG game, which I enjoy the most!! Am buying it!!!

cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by cmh47 on Jan 4, 11 5:04 PM
Just finished the game and found it really great. The graphics were beautiful. It makes a refreshing change to play this type of game where you don't have to concentrate too much to get the tasks done. I'm a grandma and have enjoyed playing but I know that some of my grandchildren will enjoy it just as much when they come to visit. In my opinion it is certainly one that all the family can enjoy.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 4, 11 6:18 PM
Cute but boring and that about sums it up. Great graphics but only for those who really like looking for objects. No puzzles except for the options. A no buy for me as well.

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Jan 4, 11 6:31 PM
I found this to be a delightful, fun game. I just finished the demo and have bought it. The graphics are so bright and cheery. I just love all the little characters. It is bright and the objects are not too hard to find. The hint is quite good and recharges quickly. I know there isn't much challenge to it, but sometimes your brain just needs to have fun. This one does just that. Thanks Jolly Bear Games for another good one. And thanks to BFG for offering it to us.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jan 4, 11 6:38 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I like this game - very beauftiful, colourfull, handdrawn graphic, interesting storyline. A little bit interactive (later in the trial time). I will buy this later this month (to fill my punchcard). Good game for every one, for every age - kids and also adults

i so agree eisteepfirsich this is a very beautiful drawn game and i really like the little armidillo's, very nice to play if you just want something calm and relaxing after a very hectic day. this will also be a buy for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 4, 11 8:03 PM
Very good graphics, nice music. Not difficult at all. Cute game, but like a bit more challenge and excitement. Very good for relaxing or on a rainy day. Will have to think about this one.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jan 4, 11 8:34 PM
This is a charming, magical game. I prefer the darker more challenging games for my self but I will buy as this will be a good game to play with my grandchildren.

It is also a good teaching opportunity for them. For instance, they would probably not know what a dirigable (spelled this wrong, sorry) is. So this gives me a great chance to interact with them.

It is so nice to see that a game that the whole family can play There is nothing sexy or scary for the kids. .

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jan 4, 11 8:58 PM
Absolutely beautiful graphics. Yes, very easy, but fun. Sometimes it's good to take a break from the norm and try different games. You can't get lost here, so no "help!" needed. Brings out the kid in yah. Change is good. . . . . . . Lov'in it!

Definitely a

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jan 4, 11 10:44 PM
I could be all wet about this game.

First of all...I am not buying because:

1. I found it a game more for children...about 8-12 years old
2. I don't have any children that age any more
3. As far as I got in the trial...it was repetitious...making recipes.

What I liked was:

1. Graphics
2. Music
3. Really beautiful colors
4. Sweet...cute...pleasant
5. Clever

For those of you who have children at home...they would like this game. No violence, peaceful and gives you a happy feeling.

Try the trial and judge for yourself...that is the best way.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 4, 11 11:26 PM
Just finished playing the demo. Beautiful graphics and music, but the music seemed to stay the same the whole time. The gameplay got a bit boring, finding 20 of this and 20 of that too often for my liking, and making potions.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 5, 11 12:54 AM
Although the game has nice attributes, easy play, HOG, nice graphics, non-violence/scary/ghost theme, it's not a buy for me as it's too childish.

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Jan 5, 11 1:53 AM
No doubt about it - one of the sweetest lil games ever! The graphics are pristine, with an ethereal quality - very soothing and comfortable. The music falls pretty much into the same arena. The Gnomes are adorable, as are all of the cute-faced little characters. All in all a fun and relaxing game!! Thank You BF for appealing to the child in all of us!

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 2:04:46 AM PST

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 5, 11 3:56 AM
Cute little game that I enjoyed. Nice bright graphics, liked the music, relaxing.
Not an on the "edge of your seat" kind of game , if you know what I mean. But it was just for fun.

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Jan 5, 11 4:05 AM
I got hooked into this little game at first glance - LOVED the artwork and creativity! Played it for a few minutes then had to shut down to take care of "real life business" - couldn't wait to get back to it to make more potions! Don't you wish we could really formulate potions to work like those! Wow - now THAT would be fun!

Very light-hearted game and relatively easy, although I did have to use some hints to find some very discreetly hidden objects! Hints reload VERY quickly...I often used them to find the very last item as a time saver, since I knew it would reload quickly for my next quest - wasn't afraid to "waste" a hint.

Nice theme for any age group looking to play something clever and relaxing; without tons of graphic or suggestive violence or drama. Although I think it's funny that when you are looking for lets say newts...you find the whole newt...then you bring it back to the kitchen and it becomes ... eye of newt! Yikes! Do we have 20 blind newts running around lost somewhere in this game? LOL

For me, it was a try it ...and BUY it!

oldwife7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by oldwife7 on Jan 5, 11 5:42 AM
I love this game maybe it's my second childhood, I thing the graphics are beautiful,it is nice just to play a light game sometimes..

Go to: