Re:Post any Hidden Object Crosswords technical issues here only

[Post New]by zoe3_1 on Apr 25, 11 6:58 PM
Run the program in Windows XP mode using the Program Compatibility Wizard. Click Search, Help and Support and type in program compatibility. Click on What is program compatibility and it will show Click to open the Program Compatibility Wizard.
Search for the game manually, click to open, choose Windows XP mode and nothing else. Continue on until the game starts. The game should operate normally, i.e., not slowly.

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jul 2, 11 4:51 PM
Choppy and slow, but a clever and fun concept. I will play through the 60 minutes trial period, and if anything does not turn up - like a fix or way to get the game to run faster - I will probably uninstall.

I don't know if it is the same developer/programmer but I have the same trouble with The Wizard's Pen - and I did buy that...

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jul 2, 11 4:58 PM
OK - I read on through the other posts, and found the latest post from April 2011 said to lose the custom cursor, and reduce the screen from Full Screen mode. I did that, and although the game does not run real fast, it is acceptably faster than it was running. I can live with that...

[Post New]by katesgram2000 on Aug 14, 11 5:09 AM
I have Windows Vista and never have problems with other games, This one works fine for awhile then I get the message "the game has stopped working" and it closes. I restart and I have to replay the scenes I have already completed-including having to put my name in again. I was really looking forward to this game and what I played of it was fun-I just don't want to keep playing and replaying the same level over and over.

[Post New]by Audball1 on Oct 3, 11 9:00 PM
I loved the idea of this game, but no matter what object I clicked or tried to type in a letter , it just didnt work, I have windows 7, so I didnt buy the game, but really wanted to.

[Post New]by linbaker on Dec 14, 11 10:57 AM
no matter what I do the game doesn't work.HELP!!!!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 14, 11 2:47 PM
Hi linbaker,

Although I'm not exactly sure what sort of issues you're experiencing, I'd definitely encourage you to contact Customer Support, and one of our reps will work to get this game up and running for you.

(you can click on the above link for more info)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by lornabutton on Feb 16, 12 4:38 AM
i need directions on how to play the game. The answer is cat , I click on it and nothing happens . Hints box does not work !

I cant get any further

[Post New]by 33coldwell on Feb 21, 12 10:24 AM
Hi I purchased this game recently and love it. I have got to section ten and have completed 28 29 and 30 already once but i cant get beyond the 29th section which i have done already once and it is very annoying can anybody help? 33 coldwell

[Post New]by skwick on Aug 17, 12 9:22 AM
bought the game. played through the whole thing once successfully. When I started again and changed player name (so I could track new progress), it stopped working. Mouse clicks do not work when I try to choose the answers. Super frustrating as I love the game! I uninstalled and reinstalled it. That also did not work.

wytwch
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by wytwch on Mar 2, 13 6:16 PM
Changed to small screen and turned off the custom cursor but still when I click on things...nothing happens, can't activate hint, can't type words...looked interesting but it just won't play.

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on Aug 1, 13 5:30 PM
Hi guys:

I downloaded the trial version and it was OK so I bought it. A little sluggish but other then that fine. When I got to stage four suddenly the Crossword Board is washed out. Stage Four and a few above that. I haven't checked any further into the game.
The lines of the squares are barely visible and the the words and letters{if any there} are not visible.
When I mange to find a square and click on it the word if there is one that the square pertains to will be highlighted. White text on grey. Other words on the board are not visible.
Is this how this game is after Stage four or is it a glitch?

I've posted this in the Hidden Object Crosswords Forum in case it is how the game is. Here in case it is a graphics glitch.

Pantheria
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Pantheria on Aug 2, 13 8:11 PM
I just went back in and the board is fine now. Strange. I played a new stage at first so I went back and checked the old one.
No idea why it suddenly fixed its self.
At least my questions is answered.
The Crossword board isn't supposed to be washed out.

Go to: